• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Hey there guys, joining up to be part of the gaming sphere once again, having missed that for so long.

Long time gamer, FPS enthusiast though I try any game that sounds fun.

CrimsAnil

Nov 6, 2019
Hello everyone, let's see if this message will actually be posted

Gaming enthusiast, fond of tragic works, japanese and western cartoons, weird music artists no one cares about (maybe I'll post about them later on another thread), good aesthetics and narratives...
Possibly (graphic) design student next year, thinking of make a little game to experiment things, lots of ideas to work upon. (I'm not exactly fluent so please correct my mistakes if necessary) Dreaming of having a stable carreer making interactive art.

So yeah, I've seen threads from the gaming forum make headlines from time to time, and with this big Sword and Shield thing, I think I could give the site a try.

Nice to meet y'all!

Sawa

Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Scotland
Hey there. 😀
Is there any possibility to get more gender options? So as to be more inclusive of those of us who are trans. 😀
Unless I am missing such?
Thanks

Big Special

Nov 7, 2019
Oregon
Hello everyone. I'm not super great at introductions so I'll just paste my "About Me". I'm a trans art/physics student from and currently located in Oregon. Interests include film and television, gaming, writing, YouTube and media analysis. Some of my favorite franchises include Halo, Half-Life and Fallout. I am also a huge fan of the works of David Lynch, especially Twin Peaks.

Shoutout to whichever admin approved my join request, I'm honestly pretty happy to be here and to hopefully find a new internet community to call my own.

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
Hello Era! After years of mastering the art of lurking in this forum (as well as another one before that we shall not name), I've finally decided to join as a member. I am a doctor and a father of two, and I have been a gamer for 30 years now. As many others, I have grown alongside the rise of Nintendo and still enjoy their products the most, though I also play on Sony's machines and take interest in the video game industry in general. I look forward to be able to voice my opinion and maybe start a few conversations!

MovieFlask

Nov 1, 2019
Maryland
Hi Era! Thanks for the approval. Lurked in the old place and here for years and years. Decided to join to chat about video games and board games. Older member in my 40s, but still like to play most of the new releases across XBox, Nintendo and Sony, as well as the occasional PC game. Playing a mix of Modern Warfare, The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion 3 at the moment. On the board game side, recently picked up a couple roll-and-write games including Welcome To My Perfect Neighborhood and Cartographers. Also visiting the LG C9 forum and considering a TV upgrade...

Howdy! Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself somewhat while saying hello! Long time "lurker" who finally got the chance to join in the fun! Thank you for allowing me to join the community and I hope everyone has a pleasant day!

EAUA

Banned
Nov 8, 2019
Hello! I've been meaning to join for a very long time. Glad to be a part of this great community!

Kouq

Nov 11, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi. I've not really been on these forums before, tend to have been stuck reading books and things. Hoping to get some insights and spitball ideas as I work through the research for my PhD. Started playing games when I was a kid, still have my Amstrad and Treasure Island Dizzy cassette stored away. Fallen off the gaming wagon when my daughter was born, now she's a little more independent I'm trying to get invested back in good narrative and interesting mechanics. I'm too old for FPS and APM focused games, I like to sit back and play with a sip of whiskey and a good bit of contemplation.

Glad to meet you all.

Johro

Nov 12, 2019
Hello.
I have been on game forums for a long time.
I'm looking forward to joining this community. They all keep shutting down.

AlyssaAwoo

Oct 1, 2019
Hi hi... Apparently a bunch of people got approved finally, me included!
Anyways, I am a poor attempt at being an indie game dev and a trans girl, looking forward to being part of this community!~

Zaiven

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 12, 2019
Okay, so, here I am. I'm mainly here to talk about Zelda, with maybe a touch of other Nintendo stuff and a side of Final Fantasy.

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
Hi,

I have been visiting the site for a couple of years now, and have finally found the courage to sign up. I struggle with socializing due to anxiety and depression, so posting this is quite intimidating (and has been rewritten about twelve times...).

Thank you for the approval, and hopefully I can contribute to what has become the first place I visit each morning.

Regards,
Adam.

BaNDaMaN

Nov 1, 2019
Thanks for approving me. Glad to be here.

E9EHO5l.gif

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

I have been visiting the site for a couple of years now, and have finally found the courage to sign up. I struggle with socializing due to anxiety and depression, so posting this is quite intimidating (and has been rewritten about twelve times...).

Thank you for the approval, and hopefully I can contribute to what has become the first place I visit each morning.

Regards,
Adam.
Anxiety and depression are tough companions to bring into social situations, even online. I am glad you are here, Adam. I look forward to hearing whatever you feel comfortable sharing :)

Harris

Nov 15, 2019
UK
Anxiety and depression are tough companions to bring into social situations, even online. I am glad you are here, Adam. I look forward to hearing whatever you feel comfortable sharing :)

Thanks for the kind words, Speely. Reading the forum for the last couple of years has really helped me. It is nice knowing that there are people in the world you have similar views and interests. I already feel less isolated and alone, and I just wish I had joined sooner.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the kind words, Speely. Reading the forum for the last couple of years has really helped me. It is nice knowing that there are people in the world you have similar views and interests. I already feel less isolated and alone, and I just wish I had joined sooner.
Well, take it at your own pace, friend. We are all different. This IS a good space, and Era is better than most places, but you know what you need. Just know that if you need to reach out, someone will reach in.

<3

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Hello,
Longtime lurker, member for 2 years now.
Working in film as a director, but still try to keep up on the industry through ERA. Wish i could make a thread now and again, not sure how to get privilege?

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Hi,

Regards,
Adam.
Welcome!
Don't be afraid to join in any thread that is akin to your interests. You've been reading for a couple of years, so you know that things can get a bit hectic but in the end discussions are WAY more civil in here than in most places.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hello,
Longtime lurker, member for 2 years now.
Working in film as a director, but still try to keep up on the industry through ERA. Wish i could make a thread now and again, not sure how to get privilege?
Thread making is allowed after the 'junior' period passes, with a month of time, and a minimum of 100 posts.

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
hi everyone! long-time lurker but i never got around to making an account until now. i'm aurel! i'm an indie dev but i also do a lot of art and more general programming

Nov 22, 2019
Hello all on Era!

My name is Chris, but I called my alias Jimmy Needles from the amazing TimeSplitters series that I was totally hooked on.

I'm from the Netherlands and am a huge game nerd. I have my own company in digital design, and almost landed a project for Guerilla Games.... sooo close :)

Anyways, I'm here to meet new people and talk about games! I would love to hear if people know interesting Discord groups that focus more on adult game discussions and latest gaming news. What I'm kinda looking for is Era on Discord haha.

Looking forward to join the discussions!
C.

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

Regards,
Adam.

Awesome, dude! And great to hear that you signed up and posted your first message! I'm super new as well, so let's celebrate the newbies :)

Capsigrany

Nov 21, 2019
Hi! I've been lurking for some time, and finally decided to sign up. I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I'd like to participate in some topics.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Hi everyone!

Been lurking for a while and decided I should sign up.
Hope my avatar is okay, couldn't think of anything else to use.

genepark

Oct 15, 2019
Washington, D.C.
Gene Park here, lifelong gamer, critic emeritus of GameCritics.com and currently the gaming reporter for The Washington Post. Longtime lurker, first time poster. hello!

currently playing:
jedi fallen order
luigis mansion 3
destiny 2 (again)
cod MW

Shamash

Nov 25, 2019
Brazil
Greeting everyone!

I lurked this place for a long time, but decided to make an account and actually post for once.

Been playing videogames since the snes era, while i'm somewhat eccletic, my favorite genres are strategy games and city building games, followed by rpgs.
Curretly limited to what i can run on a ordinary laptop, hoping to eventually built a PC.