• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aine

May 27, 2019
We're gonna end up decking the first alien that touches down in real life, aren't we?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He clearly says "Earth", always felt that was some lowkey shit

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
greatest movie ever made

that initial attack scene is so good

never seen so much destroduction.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Without looking it up, how many characters can you name from the movie.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he doesn't say earf... Get this shit out of here.

OP
OP
NESpowerhouse

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Uhh, Will Smith, his friend that bites it, Bill Pullman, his wife and daughter, Jeff Goldblum, his wife and father, Will Smith's girlfriend, Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, his kids, the aliens, that guy that does the H A R D salute, the flamboyant guy that get's flattened by a car, the girl that wants to meet Elvis, the military people, the scientist that bites it, and the Apple Powerbook

I'm bad with names.

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
No lie, Independence Day is one of my favorite movies of all time.

He clearly says "Earth", always felt that was some lowkey shit
Bringing more attention to this. This shit needs to end.

Watch it every year. Plan on watching the sequel just for the sake of reviewing it.
Sequel is definitely not as good as the original, but its fun. I thought there were plans for a third, but haven't heard much about it or if its cancelled.

will smith
jeff goldblum
Also Bill Pullman, awesome fucking talent all around.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
The main thing I remember about this movie was seeing it in the theater with my dad and him being angry when we left. I asked him why and he just said "Will Smith punching that alien was so stupid."

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
No fun allowed. I always liked Earf it's sorta like play it again Sam for me. I always remembered it as him saying it with a cigar in his mouth. Racist asshats made it into something else and tainted it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I think I watched this movie but I remember absolutely nothing except that Will Smith's in it and there's something about aliens. I think Will Smith was the president too.

Part of me wants to see it again to understand the whole Earth/Erf debacle, while the other part wants to see it again so that my appreciation of Star Fox 64 is that much greater.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
No fun allowed. I always liked Earf it's sorta like play it again Sam for me. I always remembered it as him saying it with a cigar in his mouth. Racist asshats made it into something else and tainted it.
Maybe it's like lost continent and ancient aliens conspiracy theories where it's all goofy fun until someone points out that it was actually always kind of racist, and you end up longing for the days when conspiracy theories were just silly nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The sequel, like Jurassic World 2, is a laughless, joyless film. I love Independence Day and just flatly stared at the second one. Not bad in a redeeming way, just so painfully bland.

This is a great scene, though :) happy 4th East Coast.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
57czz.jpg

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
David
David's Dad
David's Ex-Wife
President Whitmore
Mrs Whitmore
Little Miss Whitmore
Steve
Steve's Girlfriend
Steve's Girlfriend's Son
Secretary Nimzicki
Dr. Okun
Russel Casse
Boomer the Dog

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies, I remember leaving the theater and ridiculous storm clouds rolled in and my dad asked us all if we were ready to punch some aliens.

Good times, classic movie.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
ID4 is one one of the greates movies ever. Why Will Smith allowed his character to be relegated to a sidenote in the sequel will haunt me forever. Or not. But still. Why doesn't he care?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Thread title corrected to the actual quote.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Harry Connick Jr. was Jimmy
Cause Will Smith was like "put your mask back on, JIMMY NOOOOOOOOO" then kablooey
Then he went into not playing around anymore mode.