Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
We've been upfront communicating where we're at on issues throughout this roll-out. We're very much aware of the stability issues, and we're working on it. There's simply nothing new to report at this time.
I do appreciate the amount of communication we've received so far. But the last bit of information we received was that a second patch would go through last night, which apparently didn't fix everything. I'm sure the admins are as frustrated as we are, and we just hope things get fixed soon so we can go back to browsing our favorite site.

I myself spend hours a day on this site so all of these bugs have been incredibly frustrating. I don't even know where to begin or if I should even bother. But this is the most annoying of them all:

Oct 27, 2017
The big purple arrow thing happens a lot to me. I view the forum on desktop via chrome AND on iOS via chrome.

Also, can we please get the ability to turn off avatars? I like browsing at work in my downtime and I don't want a bunch of dumbass anime loli characters on my screen when people are walking by. Please, I beg you.

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
We haven't heard anything about the removal of changes users don't like, or anything of the sort. Surely this is as important as bugs.
For the avoidance of doubt, this is not being upfront by the popular definition. The stability issues are far from the only things you need to address.
Is there any news on rolling back some of these changes? This is a site-ruining re-design for many.
Our number one priority is ensuring that the website is stable. That is and will remain at the top of our list. There has been some preliminary work done on some toggles for hotly requested items. However, ensuring the website is stable comes first.

Nov 26, 2017
UK
It would also be nice to hear the team address the concerns so many have with the design choices and how it negatively impacts user experience overall.
I think closing the unofficial feedback thread and redirecting people here was a bad idea.

Now we just have a jumble of bugs, complaints, general feedback. Spread across 2 threads if you count the new features thread as well.

This is making collecting feedback, let alone commenting on it or addressing it harder than it needs to be. Combined with the performance issues this is a complete mess.

Oct 27, 2017
So is reducing the increadible loading times if pages part of the fix for later tonight? My God this is the slowest site after the change. At home every page would load almost instantly it easily takes 5 seconds or more to fully load pages. I know it seems silly to complain about 5 seconds fps but still.

Oct 27, 2017
disappointed so far. if you're going to completely change(downgrade) the layout at least have the site actually function properly. having slow ass loading, constant page errors that causes accidental double posts and a slew of other issues.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like the forum upgrades but not to the point of the site crippling itself like this, especially in such a busy week.

But on the other hand, thanks to the team for their hard work since this is a forum being run for free by volunteers.

Hope everything is working soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Our number one priority is ensuring that the website is stable. That is and will remain at the top of our list. There has been some preliminary work done on some toggles for hotly requested items. However, ensuring the website is stable comes first.
Totally understandable priorities, and I think this acknowledgement will cool some people off. That's all that people really want; there's been plenty of dialogue on glitches and features even going back to the beta, but very little in the way of aesthetic choices — the reasoning behind them or possibilities for future options.

That small level of discourse and community involvement could have averted or mitigated some of the backlash to not only this, but to previous overhauls as well.

Nov 7, 2017
Every third or fourth page load will break the CSS/site layout showing purple arrows pointing up then a huge blank space then garbled site.

I'm on an iPhone 7 with Safari.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm loving the redesign, shame the site is fucking broken. The amount of server errors, half-loaded pages or just a blank screen with a purple arrow I've been getting since the migration are ridiculous. The site has not worked for me far more than it has in the past day.

Oct 28, 2017
It's not really a bug, but the jump-to-page text on the overview of threads is hardly visible on either theme and blends too much into the background. The single highlighted thread is OK, but the others are needlessly obscured:

The colour of the text should be brighter, closer to the date and time of the last post.

Second Back-End Patch

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We've recently applied the second back-end fix. This should help with stability and load times. We're aware of the issues with website styling/CSS and are working on a fix. Thank you for your continued patience.

Oct 25, 2017
It could just be overload due to people trying to log in at once with the news that second patch has been applied but I still get the "blank with arrow" page half the time I click on a thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Just some overall design notes from my perspective

• The user img on the forum to show which ones youve posted in makes it look cluttered and can be redundant

• The highlight when you hover on bars is just distracting for no real reason other than to look cool

• OP tag is too subtle and can easily be made into the user pic to confuse people because its layered on top of the avatar

• The difference between a highlighted post of your own content and not is too subtle and easy to miss especially when quotes use the same colors. The way quotes are done on your content is a lot better.

• Moderations on posts dont stand out anymore, they are easy to miss

• The headers look really weird in dark, feels kind of hard to read

• I cant tell when threads have new posts in them easily anymore since the last seen button is now the title

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
My phone, computer, and consoles aren't compatible with this update. Nothing works as it should. The pages don't load properly and aren't formatted and i sometimes get a "download error occurred" notice which crashes the site or freezes my device. This happens when i go to the last page of some threads.

I can't even hardly post. It took me a bunch of tries just to post this.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't where to post this but there should be an option to close the sidebar on the left when browsing on the laptop, I hate how off centre everything is.

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ guys, who decided to replace the navigation at the bottom and make a two step method having to go up at the page then clicking on quick jump. Like whyyyyyyyy

Also why get rid of quick reload

Also why is there a report icon my post instead of an edit icon. Why the hell would I report my own damn self. Put the quick edit icon backk.

This should have been tested.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️