Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I'm loving the update. I couldn't get on yesterday due to the alerts bug, but since that's been fixed I've been really enjoying it.

For those who mentioned not liking seeing avatars on the forum thread listings while at work, you can tweak that sort of thing with your own user-styles - providing you're allowed to use Google Chrome or the likes at work. Stylish is a great plugin for that...

I made an example one here:
https://userstyles.org/styles/166648/resetera-2-0-sfw-no-avatars

Oct 27, 2017
I actually rather like the new layout when it works. I was pretty negative at first but it's grown on me quite a bit over just the day. Hopefully the loading time speeds up once everything settles down.

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread though but I seem to have run into a glitch where my watched threads aren't all showing up. If I find the thread, it still shows the mark that it's watched though. Is this happening to others and is there a known fix or workaround right now?

Oct 25, 2017
redesign is... bad. the sidebar is completely unnecessary and eats up space that should be occupied by forum posts, which is what i actually want to be looking at.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna copy paste what I said in the thread I created. Didn't know this was also a complaint thread:

So I'm sittin here when this actually loads, just looking at this layout goin "Man, what a dumpster fire of wasted space and ugly color decisions" The dark theme doesn't even save it.

All the important bits of the forum AKA the posts are squished into this almost mobile site layout, while about 40% of the screen is blank, the YT-esque side bar is useless as most of that is/was easily navigable before.

Then after you go into the new options* and get your post settings and stuff fixed, you scroll down and see like a ton of suggested threads and a giant ad for Gold taking up so much real estate it ain't funny.

*Options is possibly a strong word and is mostly jank settings that may or may not work or be remembered.

Now let's get to these awful colorful directory buttons that clash with both Light or Dark themes. Actually let's not. They're bad and clash, enough said.

What I'm saying is, I liked it better when it was laid out like a grey and purple Neogaf.

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
CSS is completely breaking every other page load and page loads are taking 1-2 minutes to complete. :/

Mobile and desktop.
Looks like theres a server-side CSS less compilation or aggregation going on in a css.php file that occasionally throws back a 500 Server Error response instead of returning the styles. I'm sure they're aware of it, just needs debugging and it'll be cool. If you get a successful response from that file you could store the result locally for now if you want a temp fix -- mentioned it on the last page, but you can do stuff like that with userstyles.org and the stylish plugin!

Oct 25, 2017
you can collapse it by clicking on the hamburger. they fixed the issue where your browser wasn't saving that state.
Problem is, hamburger or not, it doesn't justify the threads to the left and just leaves equal voids on both sides. There's almost as much space for blank nothing given as there is space for words to go.

Oct 25, 2017
God help this site during TGA because it's been so incredibly unstable. I'm not digging the new look, to mention how buggy saving preferences been, loading threads, and posting replies. If I see that vertical arrow one more time...

BronsonLee

Don't worry I'm on the case
Oct 24, 2017
Problem is, hamburger or not, it doesn't justify the threads to the left and just leaves equal voids on both sides. There's almost as much space for blank nothing given as there is space for words to go.
There's a button on the bottom left to expand width if you wanna go maxout

Oct 26, 2017
There is a button on the bottom left that will expand the threads to the left and right. it's two arrows "-> <-"

Oct 28, 2017
you can collapse it by clicking on the hamburger. they fixed the issue where your browser wasn't saving that state.
Did they? It's not working for me. Even navigating from one page to the next within a thread will cause the sidebar to reappear for me. If I have to close the sidebar every single time I go to a new page, into a thread or generally do anything then it's going to get old pretty quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so some of my complaints are resolved now that I found the magic arrows, but seriously, can we get rid of all these color title banners and directory buttons? They are garish and ugly. Make em all purple.

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Did they? It's not working for me. Even navigating from one page to the next within a thread will cause the sidebar to reappear for me. If I have to close the sidebar every single time I go to a new page, into a thread or generally do anything then it's going to get old pretty quickly.
huh. does it do that for all browsers? maybe a cache/cookie issue? it was doing that for me previously but now it saving stuff like the hamburger menu as well as any collapsible menus

Oct 25, 2017
i don't see those arrows in any of my browser. but i've already been in full screen mode and new browser windows (incognito) seem to default to full screen for me. can you not revert back once you go full screen? lol
Yes, but I don't know why you would want to, unless you like looking into the void of blank space.

Oct 25, 2017
i don't see those arrows in any of my browser. but i've already been in full screen mode and new browser windows (incognito) seem to default to full screen for me. can you not revert back once you go full screen? lol
Nothing for me (in light or dark theme).

The window width needs to be over ~2080 pixels for it to appear. (Note that I am using display scaling, so the behavior might be different on low-DPI displays.)