Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Nov 27, 2018
Why does everyone seem to be in agreement that those three lines are a hamburger? 🤔

Also why doesn’t double tapping on iPad/iPhone zoom in anymore? Can that be fixed?

Oct 25, 2017
Why does everyone seem to be in agreement that those three lines are a hamburger? 🤔

Also why doesn’t double tapping on iPad/iPhone zoom in anymore? Can that be fixed?
Paleolithic Cave Paintings first drew the hamburger as 3 lines. Sometimes with additional wavy lines for heat or smell of delicious. Thus, the modern hamburger symbol.

Oct 27, 2017
On mobile (iphone) sometimes the forums don’t let me zoom in, I guess it is a bug? This is particularly frustrating since my eye sight is not the best. I would also appreciate the option to make font size bigger. Thank you for your hard work so far for the community.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen the 'Classic Theme' that NeoGAF put up after their update ?

It looks incredibly sleek and easy on the eyes. I don't doubt that it feels nice to navigate too, I just won't stick around there long enough to find out.

Can we just.......... completely copy the the look of it lol.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Oct 25, 2017
There's a button on the bottom left to expand width if you wanna go maxout
Holy shit, clicking the hamburger to close the side menu and then maxing out the readable forum area has made this new UI perfect for me. I'm a happy camper now. I think if this was changed to be the default layout there'd be a LOT less complaints.

Bookmarks Disabled

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We have disabled bookmarks for now as it was causing performance issues. It will remain disabled until we can sort them out.

Oct 28, 2017
Christ, I think the forum is actively trolling me now. Not only do I need to click on the bloody hamburger every time I navigate to a new page if I want to collapse the sidebar, but when I do click on it, all that happens is a purple line races across the top of the screen and the sidebar goes absolutely nowhere.

Oct 25, 2017
The message ("There are more posts to display. View them?") redirecting you to new posts since you've composed your own isn't working. It's just taking you to your post — the last post — in the thread, rather than the top "New" one.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't seem to get the blank page with the arrow anymore, looks like it's fixed.

EDIT: weird bug though: everytime I click on the icon in order to go to the last page of this thread, it brings me on page 7 instead. It's the only thread that does that.

Oct 26, 2017
not bugs: the sidebar is mostly redundant to the top bar, which also has redundant elements. inbox and alerts are both next to and inside clicking your profile, but inbox goes by two names (conversations and inbox). hide/not hide behaviors are secondary to the sidebar itself not justifying its existence.

Oct 25, 2017
Minor issue. On iOS, the ResetEra logo no longer generates in Safari bookmarks or if you 'Add to Home Screen'.
Yeah I noticed it too. The icon is just a screenshot of the home page, so it doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as the old site's bookmark. Also, when you click on it, it takes you to a separate browser thing? It's like a separate app from Safari, and even if i'm logged in to Resetera on Safari, when I click the Resetera home page shortcut on my phone, it takes me to something new where I'm not logged in.

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't seem to get the blank page with the arrow anymore, looks like it's fixed.

EDIT: weird bug though: everytime I click on the icon in order to go to the last page of this thread, it brings me on page 7 instead. It's the only thread that does that.
yeah it seems like this entire thread isn't keeping track of read messages

Oct 27, 2017

Those made navigation much quicker than needing multiple clicks.

All of that can fit without the need for a sidebar.

Above images grabbed from cache.

I'd move search back to something like how it was and restore full-text links to subforums instead of quick jump.
Yeah it takes longer to refresh a forum now.

Also it's not obvious how big a thread is. If news explodes , it's kind of hard to see, or at least not obvious.

Website styling/CSS Fixed

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Our tireless tech team has fixed the website styling/CSS issue. We will continue to diligently work on solving remaining bugs and increasing performance.

Our tireless tech team has fixed the website styling/CSS issue. We will continue to diligently work on solving remaining bugs and increasing performance.
I just wanna say I like everything and is pretty understanding about hiccups during the change.

My only real complaint is that font size is small on mobile lol

Oct 25, 2017
Can you PLEASE make the body header less harsh?

This is very distracting and hard on the eyes when using the dark theme...

This seems more fitting for our forum theme and is easier on the eyes.

Oct 25, 2017
Was never able to login on the beta site, so I wasn't able to get a good feel for 2.0 until it went live. Sorry to say, but I think the legacy design is still the best. Especially the mobile site, 2.0 is a huge downgrade on mobile and really needs some improvements.

Some of my feedback would be.

• Get rid of "quick jump" and bring back the icon buttons to each sub forum and the refresh button at the bottom of the page. Mobile version desperately needs this.
  • Bring back the thread page numbers on mobile.
  • Stop the top bar following you down the page on mobile.
  • Personal preference, but avatars on desktop look worse being off to the side, separated from your post, looks better on legacy.
  • Change the color of all the thread titles being in purple back to legacy colors.
  • Nitpick, but bring back your own posts being highlighted in a different color, can barely notice that little purple line.
  • Shrink the Era Clear ad at the bottom, it's huge.
  • Weird how in legacy you could just mouse over to view your alerts, but now you have to click, it's minor but feels like a little step back.
  • Change the "Original Poster" title back to how it was on legacy.
That's all I got for now when it comes to general feedback, overall I can get used to the new desktop site, but mobile really needs some upgrades. And I'm experiencing the same bugs as everyone else of course. Speaking of bugs, save draft doesn't seem to be working.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Clicking on the toggle width button, then closing the burger nav on the side makes the board fill out across the screen, but if i try to bring the burgernav back and then refresh the screen or go to the next page of posts, its not rendering correctly. Done it a few times to me now. Google Chrome

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to the team. I know stability is a priority right now. I had a similar experience at work with some upgrades, so I know how it is.

Oct 27, 2017
The forum almost never remember I hide the sidebar and want full width, I always have to set them back...
Can't this be a global setting in preferences ?
Clear your cache and cookies and then try to set it again? Even though I prefer the narrow layout, but I think they should have the wide layout be the default since so many people keep asking about making posts wider.

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else not able to create threads right now? Getting a server error every time I try, but browsing the rest of the site seems to be working fine.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Oh God, the similar thread box is finally gone, it's so much better! It seems like they really listen?

Now they just have to delete the horrific new picture system and it's mostly "ok" again.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
No more purple thread titles with hover effects on mobile, I beg of you! 😩 I don’t even care about thread title avatars at this point. Hover is for mouse & desktop, not mobile.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Oh God, the similar thread box is finally gone, it's so much better! It seems like they really listen?

Now they just have to delete the horrific new picture system and it's mostly "ok" again.
Yes, I just noticed that as well. Now we just need avatars removed next to thread titles. Two huge changes alone that make things far cleaner.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for removing the random threads at the bottom feature.

However, there is a LOT of wasted space below the "Share" section.

Oct 26, 2017
One question I have with the quick jump menu always being there on the mobile website.

Will it increase the chance of burn in issues on OLED devices since its always on screen?

Also, thank you for removing the suggested posts box, it really unjumbled the site.

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I would suggest is maybe have navigation icons at the header that scale according to the device the user is using. I don’t mind clicking the drop down menu but I really liked the navigation bar in the last ui. Everything else is good and can be worked on slowly. It’s a process and takes time. Kudos to you guys for trying and putting in a effort doing all this. Really appreciate what the mods and admins do for this website.