Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
Can you guys bring back the highlighting of a user's own thread? It's really useful to be able to immediately spot your own threads in a sea of other threads.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
please give the option for a Light/Dark Legacy functionality to thread titles and page numbers. I like to click on a topic title and see the OP always. I also want thread numbers back at all costs, even if my Legacy request goes unanswered, MobileERA is a bastardized version of the forum at this point without thread numbers.
Yes please, this. Really need page numbers back on mobile

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please, this. Really need page numbers back on mobile
What do you mean by page numbers, exactly?

I don’t love how it is currently, but you can jump to any page on mobile by tapping the “x of y” page number and typing the page you want.

EDIT: Oh, wait, thread view. Yeah, sorry, I agree with you.

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually one of the few posters I have interactions with outside of Era and, while I can't speak for what they say in their PMs, based on my interactions with them that ban was definitely not something I expected. I recall them posting some criticism during the whole Entertainment matter that they thought they might catch a ban for (they didn't), but it seems those threads are gone, so I can't judge how similar their tone was then to this post.
I'll echo this sentiment. e: FyreWulff. I know him a little outside of GAF/ERA and he has always been pleasant and reasonable.

Oct 30, 2017
Is Resetera keeping anyone else's android screen awake? I'm sure it's triggering something in Edge and Chrome on Android, a media playing flag or something.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for adding a way to disable avatars on the thread list.

Is it possible to implement the old feature where I can hide all avatars and images?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Safari Mac and the sidebar on the left side re-opens after I navigate to a new page. I'm sure it's been reported but it's super annoying. Other than that, I'm liking the redesign!

Dec 26, 2017
Sorry if it has been mentioned already...but jumping into a 52 page thread, it is hard to know...

When on mobile with avatars disabled on the thread page, there is no discernible left margin. The text starts right at the left edge of the screen and it is awkward. There is a right margin after the |< and >| buttons.

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of a reload button and the lack of direct navigation to the sections and watched are my main issues now on mobile.

Also the watched page looks kind of strange at the top.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
[ Cross] tag is still broken.

This < word has the tag applied to it but it isn't being hidden.
This is the CSS from the old site to fix:
CSS:
.bbCrossHidden {
    padding: 2px;
    color: rgb(21, 23, 24);
    background-color: rgb(21, 23, 24);
}
.bbCrossRevealed {
    padding: 2px;
    color: rgb(255,252,252);
    background-color: rgb(21, 23, 24);
}

Oct 25, 2017
USA
We're working on a fix for this. One way to resolve for now: Navigate to Trending and disable all node filters.
Make sure you click on "Staff Posts" in the top of this thread. There's one that lists a workaround for the watched threads issue.
Thanks, I had to enable all the filters to get my watched threads to show up because none of them were enabled

Apr 19, 2018
I haven't looked through the entirety of this thread, so not sure if mentioned, but is anyone else having issues with the way the new site looks on iPad? Particularly on Safari and Grazing?

There's a huge chunk of blank space whenever you first open up a sub forum, like so, but twice as long, before getting to the forum topics themselves:

-------------------------

Also, the avatars for users are blown up distractingly large when checking under the alerts:

----------

The mobile site running on my iPhone (iOS 12.0) looks terrific otherwise. It would be awesome if the same type of formatting can be carried over to iPad as well.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018
Is there a way to increase the font in the settings?

If a increase the browser font, the buttons' positions are all messed up. I kinda just want bigger font in posts and thread titles.

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Busted
and also

Broken

The staff tag is still broken w/ things like styling, newlines and colors producing raw HTML.

Info tag is fixed though! 👍🏼

Nov 4, 2017
Not gonna celebrate just yet but the sidebars seeming to remember I want it closed on reloads/page loads! Sites running alot smoother to. Some big kinks seem ta have been worked out. Prolly by next week all the fussing'll be solely about design stuff instead of fixing the site itself. This is why patience is key!

Oct 25, 2017
Some threads I am watching are no longer in my watch list. If I unwatch and rewatch them, nothing changes.

Any ideas on how to fix that?
You may want to Ctrl+F this page for "watched threads". It hasn't even been an hour since the temporary workaround was reposted for at least the third time today.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Much improved over last few days.

Thing to fix:

Removed thread avatars. Text now way too close to left edge of screen. Google pixel 2. Android.
It is something delta or I will work on fixing tonight as soon as we have the chance.

Is there a way to not have mouseovers on usernames and thread titles?
I’ll discuss with the others if we want to keep this or not.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The width toggle is not persistent across pages. If I open a new tab or page or come back later, I have to toggle width for each individually. Can we make this a settings option?

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a bug, but why the hell is order by "relevance" the default search mode? Do I really have to always use advanced search to sort results by date?

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
On the desktop version if your mouse stops on a twitter post or even an advert your mouse scroll wheel becomes unresponsive.

Seems weird, might be expected behavior might not.

Dec 3, 2018
Mississippi
This may have already been asked and answered, and if so I apologize. I can't see anything but the Twitter logo when someone posts a tweet in a thread. And there's nothing to click on to take me to twitter to see it there. Is that something just because I'm viewing it on a phone, or another issue?

Oct 26, 2017
Going back to the previous page on mobile is so juddery, loading the massive banner or bazillion different menu elements, I think every which way is struggling. Nothing feels smooth. I don't want to complain too much, early days and hard work but the previous site version was godly even if it lacked some features, can you not streamline it down to something similar based on the new framework so navigating and posting is fast and smooth as butter. I'm not loving this at all.

A bug I noticed is if I post a comment then refresh the page, my post is also in the compose box for some reason.

Oct 26, 2017
Just wanted post update on scrolling performance. It's getting better after the changes being made. Hopefully we can get to the point where it's as fast as the old site.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please, can there be an option to go to the last page of a thread on mobile from the topic list? Right now the options are unread, first post, and last post. I'd prefer page numbers, but just last page is enough. Browsing on mobile is a real pain atm.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the search bar, while searches are functioning for me, it's no longer displaying results by most recent date. This was really crucial for me in the past design and I'd really rather not sort through threads that are no longer relevant from months ago. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see the Gaming forum at all when I am logged in. It reappears when I log out, and disappears again when I log in. This happens on both my computer (Firefox) and my phone (Chrome browser).

Oct 27, 2017
The width toggle isn't holding, as others have mentioned. Is that a per-platform thing? Is it reverting to the narrow width because I looked at the site on my phone and then went back to PC?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a nitpick, but when I open a thread in a new tab and then switch to it, I can see the entire thread laid out on screen, then the screen goes blank and the page plays back the "loading" animation where it draws in each reply one at a time. That's cool and all, but there's too much of a delay, and it wipes the screen after I've already started reading the OP. If the loading screen is mandatory, have it play out in the background, or leave the page blank until I look at it. It's kind of annoying to see it actually erase the screen and then redraw it just so it can play its fancy animation. Or, give us the option to remove the animation.

Oct 25, 2017
Why is there not a tick box to mark off threads as read/to ignore (just like in watched threads). Having to enter a thread just to ignore it seems really backwards. If ignoring a thread required the tick box, you'd also elimate those weird cases where people ignore the entire forum.

Oct 27, 2017
On desktop browsers (both Firefox and Chrome), there is this weird "fade in from the top" effect that happens 2-3 seconds after the page has loaded, if it's your first time viewing a thread (or indeed, a forum index - but those are quickly all viewed and it doesn't happen a 2nd time).

This is quite distracting, please remove at least from new threads.