• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 26, 2017
2 things...

1) For the "Latest Threads", is there a way to show in descending order newest to oldest threads? Every time I click on it, it's a jumbled mess with things from yesterday and the day before. Only option is just to sort "last 7 days" and they are all out of order. I really like this feature, but doesn't help when it's not accurately in order of actual newest.

2) Any updates on the Watched Threads getting fixed, for good? I saw that there was a temp fix, but only 'temp', of course.

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird one, but it seems the first time I click a link to a thread or to a subforum index, the target page loads with all content immediately visible (yay!). Then it goes blank for a second (i just see the dark background, using dark theme). Then the content re-appears with some sort of fade-in top-to-bottom animation.

Whatever is causing that blank-out and fade in animation... is that necessary?

I am on Win 10 with Chrome Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but on mobile if you turn avatars off, the thread list runs into the side of the screen and looks really bad. There needs to be some space there.

---

Totally unrelated, but there's some stuff in notifications about changing your username. How does one request a username change?

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird one, but it seems the first time I click a link to a thread or to a subforum index, the target page loads with all content immediately visible (yay!). Then it goes blank for a second (i just see the dark background, using dark theme). Then the content re-appears with some sort of fade-in top-to-bottom animation.

Whatever is causing that blank-out and fade in animation... is that necessary?

I am on Win 10 with Chrome Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I get that occasionally also.
It's like the page loads and then the site is like "oh shit I forgot the load animation though" and goes back and does it anyway.
But most pages when loading normally don't even have the animation at all, so I don't know why it happens sometimes.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah forgot to report this but I just checked and I am still supposedly set up for two-factor account authorization.

The problem is: I got in on both my PC and phone since the update without putting in a code from the phone app I'm using.

inapologize if this has been asked but in my Watched Threads I don’t see anything that is in a Hangouts section.
There's a temp fix (threadmark) for this under the Staff Posts at the very top. Basically go to Trending and check the boxes on the right and they should then show up.

Make sure you have the sidebar enabled on Trending to see these boxes.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered yet, but is there something wrong with the Watched threads function? Anything that's been bumped to hangouts refuses to show up in my list.
I came here seeking answers for the exact same problem...

There's a temp fix for this under the Staff Posts at the very top. Basically go to Trending and check the boxes on the right and they should then show up.

Make sure you have the sidebar enabled on Trending to see these boxes.
Thanks for the help!

Oct 27, 2017
I get that occasionally also.
It's like the page loads and then the site is like "oh shit I forgot the load animation though" and goes back and does it anyway.
But most pages when loading normally don't even have the animation at all, so I don't know why it happens sometimes.
This is what I was trying to say yesterday, perfect description!

It happens only if you've never read the thread before, pretty much.

The desktop version is so much better than the mobile version that it’s not even funny. The design looks clean with both night and day versions, you have notifications and PMs with one click, and you can keep the left selection open so you can jump to whatever sub forum you want instantly.

Wasn’t the 2.0 version supposed to be better for the mobile version?

So I just realized that clicking the far right arrow to the 'latest' post for this specific thread doesn't work on the Video Games forum as it's basically a redirect of the actual thread in 'Announcements'. When I went to the Announcements section and clicked the right arrow, it took me to the latest post like I was expecting. Doing it from 'Video Games' took me to like page 5 every time, same exact spot. This was prob mentioned in here already but thought I'd add just in case it wasn't to help you all track this stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Check the "Staff Posts" dropdown at the top of the page :)
Hiding thread avatars works great on the computer, but on mobile it causes the thread title to start at the absolute left edge of the screen. Looks really bizarre. Is there any way to adjust it so there is some room between the edge of the screen and where the title starts?

Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Bug: This one is quite specific, but it's something I do all the time so it's very noticeable to me.
Steps to reproduce: Have several lines of text on reply. Position the caret on a middle line, hold shift, and move up. Then without releasing shift, hold ctrl, and move up again.
Expected behaviour: Text is selected from the original point where shift was pressed to the current caret position (holding ctrl just makes it so that you move one word at a time).
Actual behaviour: Selection start jumps to the current caret position (unexpected), then the caret position jumps to the previous line (expected).

Observation: a lot of text is hard to read on the Dark / Night theme (it's, well... gray on gray), particularly page numbers and poster names on the main page. Please consider changing them to something that doesn't strain the eye so much, especially for those that don't have perfect vision.

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: Nevermind I found the option to enable the jump to bottom or to top in the settings menu.

Not sure if this would be considered a bug, but it was part of ResetEra 1.0 but now it seems to be gone....

Back before the 2.0 update their used to be a shortcut button at the top and bottom of each page that would allow you to instantly jump to the bottom of a page or back to the top of a page without scrolling all the way up or down...

Do we know if that feature is coming back? Or has it been replaced with something new? I mean I see a button that says "Jump to New" but that just takes you to the first new post on whatever page you are on....

Thanks!

Bug: This one is quite specific, but it's something I do all the time so it's very noticeable to me.
Steps to reproduce: Have several lines of text on reply. Position the caret on a middle line, hold shift, and move up. Then without releasing shift, hold ctrl, and move up again.
Expected behaviour: Text is selected from the original point where shift was pressed to the current caret position (holding ctrl just makes it so that you move one word at a time).
Actual behaviour: Selection start jumps to the current caret position (unexpected), then the caret position jumps to the previous line (expected).

Observation: a lot of text is hard to read on the Dark / Night theme (it's, well... gray on gray), particularly page numbers and poster names on the main page. Please consider changing them to something that doesn't strain the eye so much, especially for those that don't have perfect vision.
Found the official bug tester! :P

I never knew about this with using CTRL to go a word at a time but just tested and doesn't seem to work as expected. Nice write-up btw.

Yeah, some effects add nothing and only slow down the device.
I really notice the slow downs when trying to type anything on my iPad which now usually results in the cursor being stuck for a while.

For me it was definitely like I described on the Light Legacy theme which was very surprising since using the ignore function on other forums still worked the way you mentioned. So is it really just me?
To quote myself, I just checked again and even on this new forum software I still don't even see the "You are ignoring content by this member." info above the ignored user's postings. They disappear without any trace.
This applies to both Firefox (older and newest version) on Windows PC and Safari on my iPhone. And I think postings that quote them also disappear.
Only pressing on "Show ignored content" makes the postings appear again.
Disabling the adblockers didn't change anything, so I have no idea why, but I'm very happy with this and I hope it stays like that, since this reduces the temptation of clicking on the ignored user's postings and makes for a peaceful forum browsing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
when loading threads sometimes the entire site will flash white as it re-loads all the elements again, it's really distracting
I was just about to post this, very annoying indeed.

This probably can't be avoided, but I wish the 'hide sidebar' setting could be saved across sessions. Now it's there every time I come back and I also have to use the resize option again.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
EDIT: Nevermind I found the option to enable the jump to bottom or to top in the settings menu.

Not sure if this would be considered a bug, but it was part of ResetEra 1.0 but now it seems to be gone....

Back before the 2.0 update their used to be a shortcut button at the top and bottom of each page that would allow you to instantly jump to the bottom of a page or back to the top of a page without scrolling all the way up or down...

Do we know if that feature is coming back? Or has it been replaced with something new? I mean I see a button that says "Jump to New" but that just takes you to the first new post on whatever page you are on....

Thanks!
This is a big one for me but I can’t find the setting. Where did you see it exactly?

Edit: Found it :-)

Oct 27, 2017
Why search results are displayed by relevance? The order should be by date by default.

Searching something is now taking longer:
- Click the search bar,
- Type something in the search bar,
- Click the search button,
- See that results are out of order and not by date,
- Go back or go up,
- Click the search bar,
- Click the advanced button,
- Type something in the search bar,
- Put the order by date
- Click the search button.

Also, it looks like that now we can't search in a forum or in a thread with advanced options now...

God damn it, the search engine was perfect on the previous version.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has already been reported but the left side bar keeps reappearing even when i hide it. It stays hidden until i have Chrome open, but it reappears when i close and then reopen Chrome.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate that clicking on a thread now takes me immediately to the last post or page. Who reads a thread that way for the first time? Can this be changed?
It takes you to the first unread post in the thread. Apparently XF has some weird logic where posts get automatically "read" if they're x days old, which honestly is fine if you're clicking a thread old enough to have discussion from months past.

For unvisited threads created recently, and threads you've already seen every post, the thread title takes you to the first page.

Oct 25, 2017
Cerium I can't help but feel no one is seeing the workaround in place for the Watched Threads issue. Maybe it should be broadcasted out in one of those announcement boxes again?

But yeah, this thread is just a merry go round of the exact same things being posted 2-3 times an hour.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It takes you to the first unread post in the thread. Apparently XF has some weird logic where posts get automatically "read" if they're x days old, which honestly is fine if you're clicking a thread old enough to have discussion from months past.

For unvisited threads created recently, and threads you've already seen every post, the thread title takes you to the first page.
Oh okay. If that’s the case that works then. I must have visited some of these threads before then. Thanks for the explaining that :-)