Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
EDIT: Nevermind I found the option to enable the jump to bottom or to top in the settings menu.

Not sure if this would be considered a bug, but it was part of ResetEra 1.0 but now it seems to be gone....

Back before the 2.0 update their used to be a shortcut button at the top and bottom of each page that would allow you to instantly jump to the bottom of a page or back to the top of a page without scrolling all the way up or down...

Do we know if that feature is coming back? Or has it been replaced with something new? I mean I see a button that says "Jump to New" but that just takes you to the first new post on whatever page you are on....

Thanks!
This is a big one for me but I can’t find the setting. Where did you see it exactly?

Edit: Found it :-)

Oct 27, 2017
Why search results are displayed by relevance? The order should be by date by default.

Searching something is now taking longer:
- Click the search bar,
- Type something in the search bar,
- Click the search button,
- See that results are out of order and not by date,
- Go back or go up,
- Click the search bar,
- Click the advanced button,
- Type something in the search bar,
- Put the order by date
- Click the search button.

Also, it looks like that now we can't search in a forum or in a thread with advanced options now...

God damn it, the search engine was perfect on the previous version.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has already been reported but the left side bar keeps reappearing even when i hide it. It stays hidden until i have Chrome open, but it reappears when i close and then reopen Chrome.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I still can’t figure out how to disable avatars, images, embedded tweets, basically everything that isn’t text like the previous version of the forum offered. Help?
Agreed! I just want to know if its coming back! Right now, I find the forum unusable because of it.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate that clicking on a thread now takes me immediately to the last post or page. Who reads a thread that way for the first time? Can this be changed?
It takes you to the first unread post in the thread. Apparently XF has some weird logic where posts get automatically "read" if they're x days old, which honestly is fine if you're clicking a thread old enough to have discussion from months past.

For unvisited threads created recently, and threads you've already seen every post, the thread title takes you to the first page.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Watched section doesn't show me any of the threads in Video Games Hang Outs and also some newer threads I added to my Watched List.

Oct 25, 2017
Cerium I can't help but feel no one is seeing the workaround in place for the Watched Threads issue. Maybe it should be broadcasted out in one of those announcement boxes again?

But yeah, this thread is just a merry go round of the exact same things being posted 2-3 times an hour.

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
It takes you to the first unread post in the thread. Apparently XF has some weird logic where posts get automatically "read" if they're x days old, which honestly is fine if you're clicking a thread old enough to have discussion from months past.

For unvisited threads created recently, and threads you've already seen every post, the thread title takes you to the first page.
Oh okay. If that’s the case that works then. I must have visited some of these threads before then. Thanks for the explaining that :-)

I don't think this is a bug, but whenever I type in ResetEra.com a gray page shows up with the words "Maintenance in session. Please stand by."
For a few days that made me believe the site was down. It wasn't till recently when I typed in ResetEra in google and clicked on the video game section in the search results that I found out the site was up and active.

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not a bug, but can I at least have page numbers and "next", "quote", "reply", etc be as bright as actual text in Dark Mode. It's kind of infuriating.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Doesn't seem to work for me.

I have set 100 posts per page and this link (from page 27, original page 51) jumps a page forward (page 28).
That's because Cerium used a url with a page number in it. When someone does that you need to delete "page-51#" from the url to make it work properly. People need to right-click>copy link location of the post number to grab the correct link.

Oct 25, 2017
I can’t see twitter embeds on mobile :(
This has been broken for me for ages, and it's nice to see it's still generally broken on Android Chrome and Windows Firefox after the update. Consistency! :p I'd love an option to replace all Twitter and YouTube embeds with links.

In other news, unfortunately I've discovered that the method I thought worked (https://www.resetera.com/threads/psa-you-can-see-unread-only-watched-threads-again.85146/) to display only unread watched threads actually doesn't update when you refresh the browser. I don't know any way to get back classic unread watched thread functionality, other than maybe a user script to reload the URL so it generates a new filter result page.

Nov 20, 2017
I can't find the option to expand posts and threads horizontally. There's a ton of wasted space on the left and right, how do you get this in full screen?

Airi

Oct 27, 2017
I can't find the option to expand posts and threads horizontally. There's a ton of wasted space on the left and right, how do you get this in full screen?
There's a tiny resize box you can click at the bottom of the page to take it out of table runner scaling, but like hiding the menu box, the setting currently doesn't seem to save reliably between refreshes or time away from the site.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you referring to the sidebar on the left of the page? If so, click the 3 lines at the top to make those disappear. They do seem to come back on their own though in time.
I was, I'm saying every time a page changes on the forum with it minimized it reappears.

In firefox on my pc I can’t access resetera, it says “Maintenance in session. Please stand by.”
This is probably just loading a cached page, reload and/or try clearing your cache. Was happening on my phone.

Oct 26, 2017
That's because Cerium used a url with a page number in it. When someone does that you need to delete "page-51#" from the url to make it work properly. People need to right-click>copy link location of the post number to grab the correct link.
Yeah that works, thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is a bug, but whenever I type in ResetEra.com a gray page shows up with the words "Maintenance in session. Please stand by."
For a few days that made me believe the site was down. It wasn't till recently when I typed in ResetEra in google and clicked on the video game section in the search results that I found out the site was up and active.
In firefox on my pc I can’t access resetera, it says “Maintenance in session. Please stand by.”
Clear your cache and cookies in your browser.

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm using chrome and whatever the latest update is

Do embedded videos load PAINFULLY slow for anyone else? The site in general loads fast, but then the embedded videos take like over a minute or two to actually load and be made clickable.

Nov 6, 2017
If the sidebar is staying, can we get the sidebar behaviour on mobile to mimic the desktop version? As it stands you have to click on a separate X button on mobile to collapse the sidebar (at least that's how it is for me on Chrome Android ). It'd be preferable to just expand or collapse the sidebar by clicking the hamburger, as I do on the desktop versions (Firefox).

Also feel the font colour for the post timestamp, post number, report, quote and reply buttons should be changed on the dark theme. As it is those elements are difficult to read sometimes. Something I never had an issue with on previous dark theme versions of resetera. White would be fine I think. I'm trying to remember what colour those fonts were on previous versions.

I'll echo the comments that the quick jump should be removed and the old forum buttons be put back in. The current version is worse than the previous version which IMO was perfect. Having a reduced number of forums/subforums removes the need for quick jump really, especially when the quick jump means an extra click

It feels like a lot of the changes introduced have put things an extra click away, especially on mobile and things I got used to like the refresh button are gone :(

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If the sidebar is staying, can we get the sidebar behaviour on mobile to mimic the desktop version? As it stands you have to click on a separate X button on mobile to collapse the sidebar (at least that's how it is for me on Chrome Android ). It'd be preferable to just expand or collapse the sidebar by clicking the hamburger, as I do on the desktop versions (Firefox).
We asked for that A LOT in the beta thread. BTW you don't need to hit the X to close it on mobile, you can hit anywhere on the screen outside the menu to close it also.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a tiny resize box you can click at the bottom of the page to take it out of table runner scaling, but like hiding the menu box, the setting currently doesn't seem to save reliably between refreshes or time away from the site.
I just came to ask about this. Thank you.

Nov 6, 2017
We asked for that A LOT in the beta thread. BTW you don't need to hit the X to close it on mobile, you can hit anywhere on the screen outside the menu to close it also.
Ah. I didn't realize it did that. Just tested it and yeah that works too but the sidebar takes up so much room on the screen that there is little "other" space to click on. I guess the behaviour to click on the hamburger multiple times is ingrained in me.

Thanks for the tip though.

Apr 21, 2018
How do you permanently hide the left menu bar?

It keeps showing up after you've visited Era after an hour or two.

I also miss the edit post button being aligned to the bottom right. :( (could that ever be customized? or would that break something else?)

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is a bug or if I missed the setting somewhere. That big quick-link thing to the left that you close with the three lines at the top left? Every time I close the browser and reopen it, it reopens.

Coreda

SVG Wizard
Oct 26, 2017
- Searching today with 'This Thread' from the search drop-down didn't function (after it did function in a previous post). Suspected it might depend on the URL so did some tests. Note however that after completing the tests below the search did suddenly function correctly from topics that moments before failed, so it seems the search is temperamental but not sure what triggers it. (Also, as has been noted by several before, all the search results are still sorted by relevance rather than date by default).

Search tests (see also clarifying note above)

- Searching from this topic URL using:
--- 'Everywhere' and 'Search only titles' works. ✔
--- 'This Thread' works. ✔
--- 'This Thread' and 'Search only titles' works. ✔
--- 'This Forum' and 'Search only titles' works. ✔

- Searching from a gaming topic (have also tried this on previous days from different URLs) using:
--- 'Everywhere' and 'Search only titles' fails (returned non-title only results). ❌
--- 'This Thread' fails (returned results from everywhere). ❌

- Searching from the Video Games forum using:
--- 'This Forum' and 'Search only titles' works. ✔

Update 1:

Discovered that pressing the Enter key to return results from the search box instead of clicking the 'Search' button with the mouse changes the behavior for all (?) search types:

- Searching 'This Thread' from any URL using the Enter key will return results from everywhere.
- Searching 'This Thread' and 'Search only titles' from any URL using the Enter key will return results from everywhere without title-only.
- Searching 'This Forum' from any URL using the Enter key will return results from everywhere.
- Searching 'Everywhere' and 'Search only titles' from any URL using the Enter key will return results from everywhere without title-only.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's been mentioned but my Watched threads don't make sense. Threads I just posted in don't seem to appear. Assuming it's a caching issue or the feature's been disabled

And this isn't really a bug report but can we please get a one click navigation method that allows navigation to all four of the main forum? It's wild that there isn't a single click way to get to a hangouts forum even on the desktop site, let alone mobile.

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Not a bug, but I don't see a feedback thread. I think adding the "ignore thread" button to the threads list would be much nicer than having to click on the thread to ignore it. If I don't want to see the thread, why would I want to open it?

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not a bug, but I don't see a feedback thread. I think adding the "ignore thread" button to the threads list would be much nicer than having to click on the thread to ignore it. If I don't want to see the thread, why would I want to open it?
You should install the script in the following thread on your PC. Just look at what the update added.

12/5/2018 Update:

The script has been updated on greasyfork and should now work with the current ResetEra design. It's also been updated to take advantage of the new server-side ignore feature.

If you ignore an individual thread, it will be as if you'd gone into that thread and clicked the native ignore button. It will not be returned by the server at all anymore. The one hitch with this is, if you ignore a thread this way but want to get it back, to view that thread again you have to follow two steps:

1. Remove the thread from the ignored threads list in the filter control panel.

2. Click show ignored content at the bottom of the page.

Since threads are being hidden both client-side and server-side now, those two steps are necessary to un-hide it in both those places.

Let me know if you run into any issues!
https://www.resetera.com/threads/by-popular-demand-the-return-of-hide-forum-threads.35590/

Nov 20, 2017
Very helpful, thank you!

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
The forum doesn't seem to be holding up in fast moving threads. In the Game Awards thread I'll refresh, see 2 new pages, try to go to the latest and it'll either keep me on the same page, or sometimes I'll refresh on the latest page and it will take me back a few pages.

Edit: Pages are disappearing and reappearing now. On page 201, see up to page 204. Click 204, keeps me on page 201 and says there are no more pages. Refresh, then 202 appears. Go to 202, and 204 reappears. Very unresponsive right now =/

Last edited: