Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Jul 29, 2018
Is there any way to change the forum view back to how it was? Viewing on phone and on pc the site now looks cluttered and not as visually friendly as it was before.

The new font is nice but I don’t want to see people’s avatars etc

Oct 25, 2017
During the fastpaced VGA thread i really miss the Refresh Page button. Now it's a pain to scroll all the way to the top to pull down a browser refresh or reach up to the browser settings refresh.

Also on many occasions the thread was missing pages and couldn't keep up the amount of posts :D

Oct 25, 2017
Why are button icons and such externally hosted? I have to allow external Javascripts to display them which is stupid beyond belief. ResetEra was bloated already, don''t use 3rd party sites to provide for simple things like these.

null

Oct 25, 2017
sorry it's been asked I did search but is the bookmarks button in the sidebar supposed to do something? it goes to a "Oops! We ran into some problems." page when I click it.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Each time i click a title, it doesnt bring me directly to page1 but page 3 or sometimes 5. It seems to happen randomly
I've pointed this out before. Its the new basic functionality. Have to use the tiny buttons on the right. Terrible mobile experience.

*shrug*

Oct 25, 2017
Being able to turn off avatars next to topic titles is great, but on mobile the titles are now as far left of the screen they can go which makes them look odd.

Seems like it needs a little padding to push them to the right a bit.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The side bar suddenly keeps popping out whenever I go to the board page. It didn't before.

Also, turning off avatars looks really weird on mobile. Could use some padding on the left.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying Vivaldi (browser) and the site behaves really weird on it... not sure if it is the browser or the site.... very laggy (typing) and the scrollbar is flickering when using it with the mouse.

//double checked, it's probably the browser and not the site!

(2nd edit: To be absolutely precise, it was the hardware acceleration that causes Vivaldi to flicker!)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Bug on Desktop Windows Firefox that I don't see in the OP: The last post I wrote seems to hang around forever in the reply box as a draft. Trying to use the delete draft option doesn't seem to help, and I have to delete it before making a new post.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, have issues with the sidebar coming back up.. Both the color schemes are awful... like Outlook 2016 levels of awful.

The mobile experience we worse than it was before. Sometimes change isn't necessary.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bug, but rather a feature request:

Can we change the quick jump-dropdown to a small row of “Favicons”? It’s just 6 options, so having 6 buttons there shouldn’t be impossible, and it saves a touch/click every time we use the quick jump.

Oct 26, 2017
Any news at all on the Watched Threads? I was receiving notifications for them, until I found out I was only getting notifications for a few.... In hindsight, I should've screenshotted my list, because I don't even know half the stuff I'm watching :(

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not sure if this is a bug or just iOS safari being what it is but when I play a video embedded in a forums post and then play audio via another source and return to safari where that same page with the embedded video is located the sound from my other source (music) stops. Even though I already played the video clip on the page and there's no more audio to push.

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever the font choice on era 2.0 is looks really terrible when it is italicized. I mean, clearly bad. Is there a way we can change our standard font for all texts on the site? Also the left margin thing on mobile continues to be way too far to the left. Thanks for updating some of the things in 2.0, it is at least palatable at this point. Still a far cry from Legacy era, but way better than the first day when it came out. I appreciate the efforts and hopefully it gets to the point of being as good as it was or better.

Oct 16, 2018
My bugs are:

1 - Loads page twice sometimes when I enter the new tab.
2 - The sidebar keeps popping up even when I close it.
3 - The amount of space unused in either sides of the screen. I can remedy that using the Zoom tool on firefox (120% and it's perfect), but it's not ideal.

Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like the top nav needs to return in some shape or form. Having Hangouts hidding in the sidebar nav and having to actually expand the ETCETERA arrow to get to it is majorly annoying. subforum nav should be in your face for ease of discovery.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I still feel like the top nav needs to return in some shape or form. Having Hangouts hidding in the sidebar nav and having to actually expand the ETCETERA arrow to get to it is majorly annoying. subforum nav should be in your face for ease of discovery.
I think it's funny that the idea behind the forum restructuring that was quickly reversed was to give more exposure to threads that got buried in Hangouts and now they've buried Hangouts even more.

I have a watched thread not showing up in the watched section. Is it normal?
Read Staff Posts.

Oct 25, 2017
Couple oddities:
  • I accidentally un-watched all of my threads at once, and since then have been unable to re-watch certain threads. If I browse them manually, I can see that I'm watching them, but updates never show up on my watched list. This seems to apply to threads I was previously watching, as I've been able to watch new threads without issue.
  • If you choose to turn off avatars next to threads on the main page, there is no left-padding on mobile.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I'd like to say as a huge fan of the first era iteration, I'm enjoying 2.0 on mobile. The floating button top to bottom enabling did good work. I think the banners need a minimum height or more options but that's about it

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to make the topic fonts all the same size for the mobile site? Instead of some some small, some big. It's driving me nuts

less

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to make the topic fonts all the same size for the mobile site? Instead of some some small, some big. It's driving me nuts
Hmm? Thread titles? They should be the same same size. Can you show me a screenshot?

There is no option for it, and no one will address it, really annoying.
It is being worked on and should be ready within the coming weeks if things go well.

Oct 27, 2017
The thing I'm most unhappy about is the move to first unread feature of clicking the topic title.. Personally, I don't really understand the reasoning of this functionality, but that may be because I use the forum differently than most?

There's like never a time where I've stopped reading on a page that isn't the last page (at that time) where I want go back to later on when the thread has grown. It seems to me like this option assumes I always want to read all replies of a topic as of I'm reading a book. Also, I guess it also assumes that I remember all the older posts, because it scrolls to the new one, making me scroll up to see what the new posts are replying to exactly.

The only times I might go to the first unread post, is if I had reached the last post on previous visit. But even then, only on slow moving topics. Usually I prefer going to the last page (not last post) of a topic to read the latest discussion points. Moving to last post on fast moving topics feels so useless.

Moving to last page, I can still do on desktop, but unfortunately not on mobile.
Would be great if the fast forward button moves you to the last page on mobile.

I'll never get used to using the main topic link and end up at a (to me) random post.

Perfect situation would be: topic title link is first post. One button on the right for go to last unread and lastly, leave the last pages clickable on desktop where they are now, but also always show just the last page number clickable on mobile to move to top of that page.

And also would like to echo missing the direct links between gaming and etc., don't like the quick jump.

Edit: I appreciate all the hard work by the way, and this version is better than the new themes of 1.0. Just not as good as the old themes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm? Thread titles? They should be the same same size. Can you show me a screenshot?
Sure. Take a look at the TGA's thread in the middle, random thread titles are big like that.

(I am not logged in for this screenshot, but it also happens when logged in. I had just tried clearing the site's cache right before this.)

Is there anyway to hide the massive thread title banner thing on mobile?
Are you referring to the same issue I am having in this screenshot?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I hate, hate, hate the preview bubble on hover for every thread link. Is there any option to turn that off on a use level, or maybe relegate it to a specific UI element instead of the entire linked thread title?
This is what I use:

Code:
/* Disable Link Preview Tooltip on Hover */
.tooltip.tooltip--preview.tooltip--top {
    display: none !important;
}

/* Disable User Profile Preview Tooltip on Hover */
.tooltip.tooltip--member {
    display: none !important;
}