• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
When you are typing a reply while others are posting in the thread, you get the message "There are more posts to display. View them?". However, when you click the link it just takes you to the last post in the thread, not the ones you haven't read (which is how it correctly functioned before).
I have this problem too. It’s better to ignore the message since it already takes you to the unread replies.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I want to know this also.
As long as it's tied to the same sidebar options as Trending and Latest then there will never be a permanent fix. Otherwise Watched Threads needs to be able to open the same sidebar as those two to make it easy for people to see when they have only some sub-forums selected and it's filtering out the others.

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's tied to the same sidebar options as Trending and Latest then there will never be a permanent fix. Otherwise Watched Threads needs to be able to open the same sidebar as those two to make it easy for people to see when they have only some sub-forums selected and it's filtering out the others.
Then why even have it as a continued feature if its just going to be busted af?

Oct 25, 2017
Go to Latest or Trending and look at the right side of the screen in the sidebar. If you see forums with a check mark then you're filtering out the other ones. Remove all check marks because those options are shared between all three pages on the site (Watched Threads, Latest, and Trending).
Oh wow thank you. I... had no clue that was a thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Go to Latest or Trending and look at the right side of the screen in the sidebar. If you see forums with a check mark then you're filtering out the other ones. Remove all check marks because those options are shared between all three pages on the site (Watched Threads, Latest, and Trending).
I have no check marks at all that I can tell on those 2 pages.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have no check marks at all that I can tell on those 2 pages.
You have nothing in the space between the page numbers and the thread titles? Try clicking the "clear forums" link. Try adding then removing the check marks. If none of that works then I have no idea what's wrong with it for you because it works for me and everyone else that has tried it in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
You have nothing in the space between the page numbers and the thread titles? Try clicking the "clear forums" link. Try adding then removing the check marks. If none of that works then I have no idea what's wrong with it for you because it works for me and everyone else that has tried it in this thread.
Okay I added and removed checkmarks a bunch of times and now it works. Thanks!

Jan 16, 2018
How to make the "Toggle Width" button stay where I set it. I keep having to mess with it each time open the site. Also, the menu button at the top left should stay where I set it (the three lines) so that I don't have also fumble with that each time also. I want to be able to have the text fo be the width of the screen if I want.

Nov 21, 2017
Go to Trending -> Right Sidebar -> Check then uncheck all forums -> Go back to Watched.
What a magic!!! It really works. Thanks. I actually got confused at first what you meant by right sidebar. But i noticed there was a small icon right upper corner. A bit click here and there it seems to be working right now

Oct 25, 2017
So I've noticed a couple bugs with spoiler tags:
1. They act kinda weird when there's a line break in the title. Regardless of how long the title is, only an area the height of a single line is actually clickable, and the box that opens seems to always descend from that line. I've only seen it happen organically on mobile, but You can reproduce it on Desktop by using a super long spoiler title like so:
test

EDIT: Adding a few newlines here because the spoiler title apparently overlaps text below it as well.

2. Opening spoiler tags seems to have this weird delayed scroll effect, at least on mobile (I've yet to reproduce it on Desktop). What will happen is I'll open the tag, move on, and then during some random interaction later on the same page, it will jump back up to the spoiler I opened. I can't figure out what exactly triggers the jump, it seems random.

Also, unrelated to that, the "Save as default" option in the filters on the New Posts page doesn't seem to work. I keep trying to default my filters to "Unread threads" and "Watched content", but it just won't stick.

This is all on Firefox, by the way. Version 64.0 on Desktop and 63.0.2 on Mobile.

Oct 25, 2017
As many have said, changing font size in chrome browser doesn't work now.

Font is too small for comfortable reading on mobile, like it was before. At least we could make it bigger by force, now we can't even do that. Please fix that.

Even better solution would be giving us font size options.

Thanks.

Watched Threads Fixed
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
The Watched Threads issue should now be resolved. This was a particularly nasty bug that was tied into a bunch of other systems and untangling the mess was tedious; in the end we had to disable (for now) the dedicated New Threads page. The New Threads feed on the right sidebar (found on the main page) is still working perfectly. Thank you for your patience with the downtime.

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Tampermonkey is a UserScript extension.

You want Stylus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/
Thanks, added the code. Hope it's gone now.

Is the a refresh button in the works and or a button to go quickly from top to button and vise versa in a thread
What I always do on mobile is click the timestamp of the last (or one of the latest) posts. That refreshes the page and automatically jumps to that clicked post.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Is the a refresh button in the works and or a button to go quickly from top to button and vise versa in a thread
You should find an option to enable arrows in your settings. A refresh button is on our list of things to look at for future updates.

Yes. I was browsing shortly before and it wasn't happening then.
Should be fixed now.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Information
The Watched Threads issue should now be resolved. This was a particularly nasty bug that was tied into a bunch of other systems and untangling the mess was tedious; in the end we had to disable (for now) the dedicated New Threads page. The New Threads feed on the right sidebar (found on the main page) is still working perfectly. Thank you for your patience with the downtime.
I was afraid Latest would have to be sacrificed because I regularly use it. Guess I'll just have to go back to relying on the Twitter feed to see the new threads since the current option on the main page only lists 4 threads and clicking on it only shows new threadmarks (useful) or new posts (useless). Also, filtering them on the board pages is also a pain because of all the extra clicks to do it compared to pre-2.0. Too bad you couldn't just add the sidebar filters to Watched Threads so people could see when they were filtering some out.

Oct 27, 2017
Superscript and subscript tags don't appear to be working. They are inserted when pasted, but are displayed as raw tags in the post.
10[SUP]9[/SUP] 2[SUP]30[/SUP]
test[sup]superscript[/sup] test[sub]subscript[/sub]

Nov 1, 2017
Edit: WTF after a couple of days of not working I finally make a bug report post and... voila’, now it works again! So, scratch that off the list guys, nothing to see here 😆

OP:

IPad/iPhone 8 the Edit and More Options button don’t work anymore for me. The drop down menu appears when I click on “...” but those 2 options do nothing... can’t edit my posts and that is a problem since at first I always mess up my writeups, lol
I’m on the latest iCab browser (arguably the best mobile browser there is).

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh how do I turn off the thread title automatically throwing me into the middle of a thread?

Also where did the reload page button go on mobile?
The thread title takes you to the newest unread post in a thread you have previously visited. If you have to see the OP the left arrow icon on the thread list is guaranteed to take you there.

The posts right above yours mention a refresh button is on the to-do list.

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Having some weird animation issues with the site.
It loads then reloads again super quickly but does an fade animation.

Super annoying since it happens randomly.
Thanks to Schrade there's a fix for this. Install the Stylus extension, then when you're on a ERA page click on 'write styles for resetera.com' in the extension menu. Paste this code there:

Code:
/* disable animations */
.re_applyAnimation .uix_headerContainer{
    animation: none !important;
}

.re_applyAnimation .p-footer {
    animation: none;
}

.re_applyAnimation .p-body-inner {
}

.re_applyAnimation .block--messages .block-body > .message--post {
}

.re_applyAnimation .structItemContainer .structItem {
}
and save. I installed this today and the animation/reload is gone. I'm glad because it was driving me nuts. I'm considering making a seperate thread for this since it fixes my biggest annoyance with the site rn.

Oct 30, 2017
The thread title takes you to the newest unread post in a thread you have previously visited. If you have to see the OP the left arrow icon on the thread list is guaranteed to take you there.

The posts right above yours mention a refresh button is on the to-do list.
But to get to the last page I need to click into thread and then manually scroll up or down and then click the button for the last page. If I use the arrow on the main page it takes me to the last POST and hashes it so if I reload it snaps back to that post. Not sure why the page buttons are reduced to a dialog box now for page # either. Having the first few and last few on the old implementation worked perfectly. Just seems like everything takes 4 more steps now.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks to Schrade there's a fix for this. Install the Stylus extension, then when you're on a ERA page click on 'write styles for resetera.com' in the extension menu. Paste this code there:

Code:
/* disable animations */
.re_applyAnimation .uix_headerContainer{
}

.re_applyAnimation .p-footer {
}

.re_applyAnimation .p-body-inner {
}

.re_applyAnimation .block--messages .block-body > .message--post {
}

.re_applyAnimation .structItemContainer .structItem {
}
and save. I installed this today and the animation/reload is gone. I'm glad because it was driving me nuts. I'm considering making a seperate thread for this since it fixes my biggest annoyance with the site rn.
Thank you so much.
That makes four+ different code from four+ different users that I have to use to fix this.

Don't fix what isn't broke or at least keep the legacy theme instead of forcing us to use this garbage redesign.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you so much.
That makes four+ different code from four+ different users that I have to use to fix this.

Don't fix what isn't broke or at least keep the legacy theme instead of forcing us to use this garbage redesign.
This was a forum software update, they couldn't keep the legacy themes because they weren't compatible anymore.

Hopefully the New Threads disappearing is temporary and doesn't just become the fix. Watched + New Threads was becoming my preferred way of browsing, and not relying on Twitter bots was convenient.

Oct 25, 2017
Any update on the progress of adding a version of this back?

Only thing I want.
Same. It's so annoying having to either keep the left hand drop down down and then scrolling up to change sections or using the " 'Quick' Jump". Why can't it be like before with the easy navigation at the bottom/top of pages? Especially as it has the (fairly useless) "Forums > Discussion > ____" Where the "Forums" and "Discussions" go to the same place.

Also it'd be nice if the site could save me wanting to make the page wide seeing as (for now) the site is remembering my theme choice.