Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
Did something happen to the ability to bookmark (not watch) a thread? I could have sworn it was mentioned in the update (and it existed in the beta) but I can’t find an option for it.

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I've waited another 4-5 days (8 in total) so here we go again fot the third time.

On dark theme currently is hard to distinguish between read and unread threads. Why aren't you fixing this thing?
Sincerely the purple titles were perfect for me. Can't you just give us an option for the color of the Unread Threads?

Are you searching another solution?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My threads are not highlighed in violet. See:

I hope you guys fix this. It's a really handy feature to be able to spot your own threads at a glance.
Yeah, I hope we're able to regain the self-highlighting feature for both threads and posts. The little purple strip currently indicating one's own posts isn't as helpful as the whole post being highlighted.

By the same token, having a more visible and searchable OP indicator — akin to the Administrator / Verified tags — would also be most welcome.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I hope we're able to regain the self-highlighting feature for both threads and posts. The little purple strip currently indicating one's own posts isn't as helpful as the whole post being highlighted.

By the same token, having a more visible and searchable OP indicator — akin to the Administrator / Verified tags — would also be most welcome.
Yes, I agree with all of this. The current "OP" ribbon is not even noticeable at a glance. It needs to be as visible as it was before, just like the "verafied" tag.

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked already, but how to i make my preferences like the fly out buttons and the width toggle save permanently? I keep having to full-screen the width and hide the left fly out button every day.

This isn't a bug per se, more of a question, didn't know where else to post: Am I the only one who things fixed width makes everything look small? I feel like I need to browse the site at 125% zoom in because everything has been squeezed.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been brought up and addressed. But Is anyone else having problem embedding gifs and pics when quoting someone. They either will apear at the top of the post (above the quote) or at the bottom, regardless of how many quotes or lines of text you typed.
I have to post then edit to get it to work *and even then i have to reload the pages several times and try the editing fix)

I'm on Desktop. And have tried both Firefox and Chrome. I get the same problem.

Oct 25, 2017
It’s been two weeks (over two weeks?) since the update came out. Would it be possible to have the two update threads unstickied from the forums?

Ignoring the threads does not remove them from the sticky section at the top of the forum.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't do any searches at the moment. I click the search window and it opens for half a second then immediately closes. On mobile.

And i still can't embed pics from a lot of supported sources. It tells me to contact the administrator or something along those lines.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Based on all the posts I've read in here, I suppose you removed thread previews?

I must've been one of the few that was glad to see it implemented and was really hoping for one well before the redesign.

Is it possible to offer the option to toggle it in Preferences? It really helps me sort through threads for their substance and whether they're worthwhile or not.

Oct 25, 2017
Asked before, didn't get an answer.

If I open a browser for the first time, the little lefthand menu is back. I close it, shut down the computer. Come back the next day and it comes back. Any way to have it permanently off?

I'm getting some serious CPU and memory spikes when accessing ResetEra 2.0 using Chrome or Edge.

Chrome version 71.0.3578.98
Windows 10 Version 1809

UPDATE: I can confirm this is directly related to the ads on the site. I downloaded AdBlock for Edge and enabled it, and all the CPU and memory spikes while visiting Resetera stopped. I'd rather not have this enabled while visiting the site. Please look into it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Anyway to get page numbers for forum posts on the mobile site? I'm forced to use desktop site just to get them which thankfully still has it. Really hope its added back at some point or at least make it an option in settings for mobile users. Sometimes I like to start reading a thread a few pages back and its just so convenient to click on a page number.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell which threads I have read. The old would have the logo and text darken down. Now I just see the user icon and text stay same brightness.
Weird, this is fine for me (Safari on Mac/IOS, Firefox on Windows). It's not quite so prominent as it was when the text was purple, but I can see the difference between read/unread easily.