• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Hecht

Welp
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
how am i supposed to find all threads by a user (or myself)?
and why are the threads i've made no longer showing for me in a purple color?
too much has changed :(
You can either use the Filter button at the top right of a forum list to find all threads made by a user in that forum, or you can click the "Find" dropdown on your profile to list your threads/posts.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Can I make a suggestion?
Can we change this "Your content" button with 2 other buttons that we have in our profile, "Your threads" and "Your postings"? Cause "Your content" only shows me a search result of my postings and I first thought I can quickly access both with that, but no, only postings.

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to ignore a thread, go into the thread and ignore it from there.
I just mean if someone does click it they might not realize what they've done and be left wondering how/why they've made an entire sub-forum vanish:

Still, they can undo it by going into their browser history and un-ignoring the board.

Oct 25, 2017
Another bug, if I zoom out to 90% like I do with most websites posts aren't stretched across the whole width anymore even with max-width enabled.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to get rid of the big ugly boxes at the top of thread pages with the thread title and "reply" in them? The colors are distracting and clash with everything else.
On mobile btw

Oct 25, 2017
Arkansas
I'm mostly digging this update, but I have a couple of issues.
  1. Where's the 100 posts per page setting?
  2. There's no longer floating arrow buttons to take you to the top or bottom of pages. It was a real time-saver on mobile.

Hecht

Welp
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'm mostly digging this update, but I have a couple of issues.
  1. Where's the 100 posts per page setting?
  2. There's no longer floating arrow buttons to take you to the top or bottom of pages. It was a real time-saver on mobile.
Both of these are in your preferences in your profile. You can set PPP to anywhere between 50-100. You can also enable the floating arrows.

Nov 27, 2017
My feed back so far. Im on mobile.

No refresh thread button, no controls to jump to top or bottom of page. No control to jump to a specific page.

My own posts in a thread no longer highlighted with that different fill color.

No controls to turn off images and avatars.

Those top banners are ugly and bright on thread entry.

Seems to be way more clutter. Why are the thread creator avatars so prominent on thread list page.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
In addition to my earlier post. I want to add an additional thing

Basically when in a thread page, pretty much everything that takes up space below the reply box in the bottom of the page doesn't need to be there imo. With the only real exception being the navigation breadcrumbs. I don't need or want social media sharing icons, similar threads, or the giant ad removal banner

Oct 25, 2017
Clicking Ignore when browsing a board makes the entire board vanish. Is that intended
Oh, my word, that is glorious. Hiding EtcetEra outright has turned my opinion around on 2.0 completely.

If you do this by mistake, you can still access every section via Quick Jump, visit the appropriate board (which will display an empty thread list), and just hit Unignore.

Also, on testing this further, ignoring a board does not ignore sub-forums (in this case, Hangouts), so you can still pick and choose to your heart's content. It also doesn't hide threads from the ignored forum in the suggestions at the bottom, which I'll take as an oversight.

I don't suppose anyone has tested whether individually ignored threads still show up in the suggestions?

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Thread width also not sticking up for too. But bugs are to be expected, that's not like a main complain.

Now the thread banners and the visual clutter....

Also, agreed that the site seems slower but it might be placebo or just the server load.

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting this weird behavior, where after a few seconds the site redirects me from a opened thread/forum section to the starting page

Oct 25, 2017
Tiiiiiiiny nitpick, but the link to the forum twitter account on the bottom nav bar always applies the url for the currently viewed page before the twitter link, and gives an error when clicked as it's trying to load a page that doesn't exist on the server.

Toma

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone with more time than me create a list of issues/complaints/questions and official responses, so these won't have to be asked a million times and more specific questions don't get overlooked and eventually answered by Cerium & Co?

That would be super helpful. :)

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
guys, PLEASE PLEASE mark the op of the thread using the old method (or something else), anything but this banner. i don't want my avatar to look like a pirate bunny.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I surf incognito at work, not sure if it's related, and the site keeps forgetting that I shrunk the side bar and maximized the width.

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I don't understand what's the point of threads avatars. It looks super cluttered.
Yeah, it doesn't make ANY sense, who care about who have created the topic... and in that case you have already the name of the creator under the title.

Useless information that is only distracting, and talking about avatars...
Bring back the option to HIDE AVATARS please, and I mean for every case, not only on the side of the topic. The old site had the option... why release a new site with less options? Thank you.

Another thing that usually annoy me, the date / "XX minutes ago" on top of the post is on the way all the time.
It's on the same line of the post and use almost the same size, you end up reading

XX minutes*OK*

blablabla

XXminu*ARGH*

blablabla
put the minutes on the right near the number of the post or change the alignment or size, I don't know, just change it.

Edge

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is it normal that the cover function for the profile doesn't work? I can't get anything to upload on mobile.

Edit:

And please get the edit button out of this 3 dot thing, the whole bar has space for it, what's the point?

Jul 24, 2018
Width expand and hiding sidebar are resetting themselves pretty frequently, not sure exactly what triggers it yet.

Oct 26, 2017
Caldicot, South Wales
Well done on the hard work. My only nitpick (i'm using Firefox on Windows 10 at the moment, i'll run a test or two on firefox mobile later) is the sidebar returns on new pages, or on a new page. Hopefully an option for it to remain hidden becomes available, as well as the Quick Jump bar automatically dropping down when highlighted.

Otherwise, i'm impressed with 2.0. And again, well done on all the hard work.

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Thread width also not sticking up for too. But bugs are to be expected, that's not like a main complain.

Now the thread banners and the visual clutter....

Also, agreed that the site seems slower but it might be placebo or just the server load.
Italy here and the site takes ages to load a page, it's slow and isn't a placebo, but it's the first day I guess.

Oct 25, 2017

Could quick jump not just be removed and you add text hyperlinks to the forums next to it? Or have the option to do that?

The search bar/space could be reduced or scale smaller to allow for text.

Trying to think of ways to add back the quick text links to other parts of the forum to cut down on 2 clicks being needed everywhere now.

Oct 25, 2017
The sidebar and content width keeps resetting to their default after a bit of time has gone by. ie sidebar reappears, and width resets to the 1200p max rather than full width

I'm using the chrome browser Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Oct 25, 2017
Beaverton, OR
Complaints so far (mobile, ios):

- Jump to bottom link is MIA
- three taps to clear alerts is horrific
- dear god, the edit post button is buried in a pop up menu that is immediately next to the report button.

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
Ah, well you go to the first unread now by clicking the title

I thought you were asking how to enter a new thread and go right to the end without reading the OP or any other posts
I know I can go to the first unread. I'd like to be able to go to the last page, like I've been able to since the start of Resetera.

Nov 3, 2017
Probably already said, but if a user is warned or banned, the banner above that post should be marked as red like before. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Oct 27, 2017
It's much slower than before is my main complaint, I hope it'll get better.

I need more clicks to do actions than before, doesn't seem like an improvement.

Oct 25, 2017

Those made navigation much quicker than needing multiple clicks.

All of that can fit without the need for a sidebar.

Above images grabbed from cache.

I'd move search back to something like how it was and restore full-text links to subforums instead of quick jump.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate some of the new site functionality like the various bookmarking tools but browsing on mobile is really unpleasant now. Threads feel cluttered, thread lists feel worse. Accidentally tapping a thread now causes you to lose your unread placement. The purple’s still too spicy on the dark theme and I don’t understand the desire to make certain elements glow. If reduced brightness is the draw of the dark theme then why simulate additional light sources o_O. It makes sense in a video game’s UI but a discussion forum should prioritize comfort over flair. The simplicity and coziness of the old legacy theme will be missed.

Last edited: