• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Is it intended that the "widen" option at the bottom of the page is reset after a while? I have to press that button once per day.
We are aware that some users are experiencing this. It's on our list of things to investigate.

Edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Why do we still have this awful new picture function where it goes into this overlay when clicking on a picture? I hoped you would've already deleted that.
It brings the functionality of pictures in this forum back to stone age, what were you thinking?

Zooming is awful and only in 2 steps.
Youre clicking on it accidentally all the time while scrolling.
When I click on it I always try to go back with my phones back function but then it kicks me out of the thread. Why am I doing that accidentally? Because the overlay of the picture buttons disappear after like 2 seconds.
Mhhhh clicking on the picture maybe brings the overlay back? No, it zooms the picture to 100% and you're close to throwing your phone away.
It's so awful to use.

Also it's impossible now to simply just copy the link of a picture or open it in a new tab. Holding the finger on the picture does nothing anymore.
You always have to open the picture in that ovetlay, click the button for new tab (if it doesn't disappear after 2 seconds), but then it opens the picture on the imgur app and there I have to copy the link.
It's mind boggling.

What. Were. You. Thinking.

I will bring that up every now and then until it's finally gone, it kills the usage and fun of pictures in this forum completely and is by far the worst change we've got in 2.0.
I have no idea who and why anyone saw an improvement in this abomination of a function.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I think I might have found a bug?

On mobile when you have more than 4 alerts, when you scroll down through the notifications, the notification window turns white. When you move the notifications around with your finger the notifications return after a few seconds.

iPhone 6 plus user with safari browser.

Oct 28, 2017
iPhone XS Max on chrome, a lot of the times when I hold press to open a thread in a new tab it will do that but when I release it will also open the link in the tab I’m in.

I suppose you could say I’m actually tapping again but it never did this before and no other forum i post in or website does this :/

Drafts update
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
Drafts will now save automatically every 30 seconds, and should remain saved for 72 hours.

Nice that latest threads are back. Since filtering by boards was what screwed with watched threads is there any hope of us being able to filter them again?
I'm not going to say never, but probably not.

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed threadmarks and staff posts are now populated on the bottom of the page as well as the top. That is a nice boost to their visibility and usability.

I still think maybe the page navigation and the section with the threadmarks should swap sides, to put the page numbers closer to where most user's fingers would be on landscape oriented mobile displays.

Blizzard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since the performance update today, mobile performance has become really awful for me today. Threads and forums take 6-15 seconds to load on Android Chrome, if they load at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I am not sure how I feel about drafts. So far it has mostly been annoying. I often work on a message, only to delete it entirely mid-process and, often, close the thread. How it currently works is that if I don't click 'save draft' afterwards, the entire deleted message will pop up in the quick reply box the next time I visit that thread. This is especially annoying when switching from desktop to phone because it is such a chore to delete multiple lines on the latter.

Nov 23, 2017
I still see ignored posters and threads coming up as the “just now” link underneath the general link to each of the main forums, which I guess isn’t a big deal but often leads to confusion or errors (or threads where I can’t see the op or many posts) even though the topic title got my attention.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but is there a way (when on a phone) to jump directly to the last page when selecting a thread. All that's there now is jumping to the latest post, which isn't really the same.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but is there a way (when on a phone) to jump directly to the last page when selecting a thread. All that's there now is jumping to the latest post, which isn't really the same.
No. The best you can do is turn on the up/down arrows in preferences that way when you click the right arrow to jump to the latest post you can easily jump to the top of the page with the up arrow. If your phone lets you tap the top of the screen to jump to the top of the page then the up/down arrows aren't really necessary.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to force load a draft? Just spent 20 minutes on a post only to accidentally hit the TOS when my keyboard for some reason and now everything is gone.
I hit save multiple times....

Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure how I feel about drafts. So far it has mostly been annoying. I often work on a message, only to delete it entirely mid-process and, often, close the thread. How it currently works is that if I don't click 'save draft' afterwards, the entire deleted message will pop up in the quick reply box the next time I visit that thread. This is especially annoying when switching from desktop to phone because it is such a chore to delete multiple lines on the latter.
This. Can we get an option to disable auto-saving drafts? I'm finding it far more annoying than useful.

Blizzard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel stupid but I keep searching and digging through threads and I can't find it.

What's the new method to post a link/password where only Era members can see it, ala the old email hidden tag?

*edit* Apparently it's [ hide ]

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Can we make bolded text more...bold? I’m on mobile, if it makes much difference, but bolding text in quotes barely changes its appearance.

Oct 28, 2017
Can I turn off the incessant "there are new posts" that moves the screen away from the reply window I'm working on? I don't need a reminder that water is wet.

Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,

As of today I've resigned from ResetEra administration and engineering. It was an honor to be a part of this site. You can find me in the Gundam OT or other threads here and there.

Going forward, please direct any and all technical questions to Cerium .

Love,
delta

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Hi all,

As of today I've resigned from ResetEra administration and engineering. It was an honor to be a part of this site. You can find me in the Gundam OT or other threads here and there.

Going forward, please direct any and all technical questions to Cerium .

Love,
delta
It's been a pleasure working with you, my friend. We'll take good care of the site. See you around!

Oct 25, 2017
Since a few minutes ago, the Watched Threads list only shows by default unread threads. I have to manually remove the "Show only: unread" filter, or append "?unread=0" to the URL, to see previously read threads.

Filtering added to Watched Threads
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Since a few minutes ago, the Watched Threads list only shows by default unread threads. I have to manually remove the "Show only: unread" filter, or append "?unread=0" to the URL, to see previously read threads.
This is actually a feature update!
Nice that latest threads are back. Since filtering by boards was what screwed with watched threads is there any hope of us being able to filter them again?
Information
You're in luck: We've found a way to add filtering to the Watched Threads page without messing with anything else!

The list can now display only Unread threads. You can also filter by forum section, thread creator, and last update. There are also a variety of sorting options. You can find these filter options in the top right.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a feature update!

Information
You're in luck: We've found a way to add filtering to the Watched Threads page without messing with anything else!

As mentioned, the list is now set to show Unread threads by default. Simply remove the filter to restore the normal view. You can also filter by forum section, thread creator, and last update. There are also a variety of sorting options. You can find these filter options in the top right.
The filter resets whenever I go back to watched threads, is this intentional?

I would like for it to stick when I disable it

Oct 25, 2017
Any alternative ways to make font bigger on mobile? Accessibility setting doesn't work in chrome. Any other browsers with nice font size setting that work here? Or any other solution you have. I'm talking about android.

And another thing: is there a way to disable the bar on top on mobile?

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can you please leave our filter settings and just add the features? I thought I was missing threads again and had this filter option turned on for me...

now I can't turn it off.

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've not been in here for a while but is there an update on the width always resetting to the shit narrow view whenever you close the browser?

Can an option be added to settings or can the one most people prefer be the default?

Edit: Ah I can see it's being looked at

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is there a way to add persistent filters to the latest threads tab so it only shows gaming side threads? It used to do that (or it let me filter them so as I only saw them) but now it's pretty much useless to me as someone who only posts on gaming side

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
The filter resets whenever I go back to watched threads, is this intentional?

I would like for it to stick when I disable it
Due to a quirk of the core software it will reset to a default whenever the page is loaded, but we can make "no filters" the default. We'll see if we can squeeze it in in time for Christmas.

Is there a way to add persistent filters to the latest threads tab so it only shows gaming side threads? It used to do that (or it let me filter them so as I only saw them) but now it's pretty much useless to me as someone who only posts on gaming side
This will require a lot of work. We may have higher priorities in the immediate future but we'll try to get it in.

Any alternative ways to make font bigger on mobile? Accessibility setting doesn't work in chrome.
This is a bug. We're looking into it.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Due to a quirk of the core software it will reset to a default whenever the page is loaded, but we can make "no filters" the default.

As the staff is going to be busy for Christmas reasons we'll disable the feature for now until that change can be made.

This will require a lot of work. We may have higher priorities in the immediate future but we'll try to get it in.

This is a bug. We're looking into it.
Thanks!