• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This will require a lot of work. We may have higher priorities in the immediate future but we'll try to get it in.
Thanks for the reply, and that's cool, if it's going to be a ton of work for you guys then yeah it should be low priority

It would still be nice if possible at some point

Oct 26, 2017
Cerium , can’t you guys change link colors again? Unless you got a retina display you can’t distinguish between read and unread threads and that’s really annoying.
I’ve tried recallibrating the monitor, switching screens, everything, it just won’t get better :/

Oct 27, 2017
USA
There is an issue with the Watched Threads and Filters.

By default the site loads "https://www.resetera.com/watched/threads" and is set to filter out read stories, so a filter "Show Only: Unread" is selected. If you click the X on that you can see read threads and it adds "?unread=0" to the URL.

The problem exists that if you have more than 1 page of watched threads. If you try to go to page 2, 3, etc... it loads the URL "https://www.resetera.com/watched/threads?page=2" but the filter is back, so all read threads are hidden. If you click the X on the filter it takes you back to page 1.

The only way to view any page other than 1 and not have the filter is to manually add "page=2&unread=0" to the end of the URL (obviously changing the page number as necessary).

EDIT: As I was typing this it appears to be fixed... That was fast.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
As many of you have noticed, the filter options are still available but will now default to off!

Cerium , can’t you guys change link colors again? Unless you got a retina display you can’t distinguish between read and unread threads and that’s really annoying.
I’ve tried recallibrating the monitor, switching screens, everything, it just won’t get better :/
We've never stopped looking at this actually. It's difficult because from the feedback some people really like it as is, and some people really don't.

One possibility we've looked at is using the avatars to help indicate read/unread (making them fade when read) but this will cause issues for those who choose to hide avatars on the thread list.

Long story short, it's definitely not a settled issue.

Oct 26, 2017
As many of you have noticed, the filter options are still available but will now default to off!

We've never stopped looking at this actually. It's difficult because from the feedback some people really like it as is, and some people really don't.

One possibility we've looked at is using the avatars to help indicate read/unread (making them fade when read) but this will cause issues for those who choose to hide avatars on the thread list.

Thank you, as it is now it works fine on mobile but normal monitors won’t show the difference between font weight 500 and font weight 400 that well, i recommend testing it on lcd monitors(non 4k) because the difference is huge :/, but im glad to know it’s being looked at

Oct 25, 2017

I think I suggested this a while back, but something like a green dot for unread content and dimmed dot for read content in place of the avatars would work well I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Due to a quirk of the core software it will reset to a default whenever the page is loaded, but we can make "no filters" the default. We'll see if we can squeeze it in in time for Christmas.

This will require a lot of work. We may have higher priorities in the immediate future but we'll try to get it in.

This is a bug. We're looking into it.
Thanx a lot, nice to hear, man :). It bugs my poor eyes a lot, and I only browse era. Merry Christmas!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hey,
Love the new site and this is only a small complaint but, whenever you use the page selector to jump pages, it doesn't highlight the numbers in the box by default. This is slightly annoying because often I'm not paying any attention and it just goes to the last page because it adds the page number to the end instead of intially overwriting whatever number is in there.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
THANK YOU for filtering by unread in Watched Threads. Been asking for it a long time.

Due to a quirk of the core software it will reset to a default whenever the page is loaded, but we can make "no filters" the default. We'll see if we can squeeze it in in time for Christmas.
Hopefully you guys can figure out a way to make filters stick eventually.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but I need to use caps for a moment.

THANK YOU FOR UNREAD ONLY WATCHED THREADS AGAIN!!! I CAN RELOAD AND IT STILL WORKS I'M SO HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS I LOVE YOU ALL.

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to humbly request that the announcements disappear automatically after viewed if possible. I keep forgetting I can X them away and end up leaving them displayed for a long time.

Jan 9, 2018
Is there any way to turn off the 'start with last unread post' thing when opening a post? If I enter one I've read already, it sends me to the post that it thinks I've left off on. I wanna start at the top of every thread. I like to reread things sometimes

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Is there any way to turn off the 'start with last unread post' thing when opening a post? If I enter one I've read already, it sends me to the post that it thinks I've left off on. I wanna start at the top of every thread. I like to reread things sometimes
You can use the left arrows for that.

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Any reason the site is running like garbage on mobile ? No other site has an issue for me . Seems to temporarily lock out of access for net and then reload immediately. It's really bad

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I have updated to Android Pie on my Galaxy S9 and as I did full reset I needed to create a new bookmark to resetera on my homescreen.
What happens when I open the bookmark is that I get to some strange walled of version of browser. Resetera open but I can't acces rest of my tabs, settings back, forward buttons or anything else. When I long press a link it shows me "Open in Samsung Browser", also when I open Task Viewer I have a Browser tab and this new created tab only with "Resetera" icon on top.

I tried downloading latest version of Samsung browser from apkmirror but it is the same. It is the same with Chrome. Any ideas?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, well, nearly a month on and I'm wondering whether my front page settings for hiding the taskbar, quick menu to the left and hiding certain forums will ever be permanent and the resetting of them ever be solved. Is there any word on progress or continued commitment on that front?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't checked the thread to see if any comments been made on this but is it possible to add the nunbered page buttons on mobile on the top/bottom of threads and the main overview with all the threads, similar to how it is on desktop. As it is right now, it's just a hassle since I always have to scroll to the top of a page when I go into a thread or if I want to go 2 pages back, it takes longer than it used to.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't checked the thread to see if any comments been made on this but is it possible to add the nunbered page buttons on mobile on the top/bottom of threads and the main overview with all the threads, similar to how it is on desktop. As it is right now, it's just a hassle since I always have to scroll to the top of a page when I go into a thread or if I want to go 2 pages back, it takes longer than it used to.
I would like to know about this and the whole option to click on a thread title takes you always to the front page thing...

Please? Just a "Yes, we are working on that." or "No, we don't think that is feasible or those options are dumb and we hate them"

Oct 27, 2017
What thing? It's working exactly like I want it to.

If you want to alter its behavior, multiple user-side modification scripts have been posted in this thread.
This thread is 72 pages long...

Are you aware of a script modification in which I click on a thread title and it defaults me to the top of the first page, no matter what? I will go hunting, but if you have a link, I would be in your debt.

Nov 19, 2017
oh no I accidentally removed all my watched threads trying to just remove one because I didn't read through "managed watched threads" dropbox. is there anyway to bring them back?

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Where is the option to turn off images and avatars? I remember this being in the preference settings but I no longer see this and the extra images and eating up into my mobile bandwidth. If it's been removed would love to have the option back please!

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to ignore threads from the thread list? I don't want to click into a spoiler thread, especially the Kingdom hearts one, buy mistake.

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to ignore threads from the thread list? I don't want to click into a spoiler thread, especially the Kingdom hearts one, buy mistake.
Google "ResetEra - Hide Forum Threads" userscript and install it via Greasemonkey or whatever userscript extension is available.

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
When I insert an image with the button, the inserted image always jumps to the beginning of the post. I have to use the bbcode toggle to paste code where it's supposed to go every time. I've stopped using the button and just type the tags instead.

The same is true for adding hyperlinks, they get added at the bottom of the posts, instead of the link being added to the selected text.

Dec 6, 2017
I'm sorry if it's been asked before but is there a way to save the left sidebar state? I hide it most of the time but it keeps opening up every time I start the web page cold.

Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Is there a way to perma-hide the left sidebar menu? It reappears so often...
Same here... In Firefox, every time I close the browser and reopen it, I have to hide the side bar and scroll to the bottom to extend the page the full width of my screen. Is there any work around to get the site to remember my settings?

Oct 25, 2017
When I insert an image with the button, the inserted image always jumps to the beginning of the post. I have to use the bbcode toggle to paste code where it's supposed to go every time. I've stopped using the button and just type the tags instead.

The same is true for adding hyperlinks, they get added at the bottom of the posts, instead of the link being added to the selected text.
What device and browser are you using?

Nov 17, 2017
Hello, I'm reporting a bug on ResetEra.

This bug is specific to ResetEra. It does not happen on other websites that uses Xenforo Forums as the backend.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Use Windows 10.
  2. Open Microsoft Edge. (Yes, I know...)
  3. Go to any ResetEra thread, and use Quick Reply text editor at the bottom.
  4. Type any long valid sentences, with whitespaces and punctuations. (Pretend this is a valid post message.)
  5. Hold CTRL+SHIFT, and then use Left/Right Arrow keys to select multiple words.
  6. Pause for 2 to 3 seconds.
  7. Continue holding CTRL+SHIFT and press Left/Right Arrow keys.
  8. Note the selection cursor started selecting/deselecting words at the end of the selection, rather than the current position of the cursor to resume the selection/deselection.

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I’m not sure if this problem is exclusive to iPhones with 3D Touch, but here it is:

When scrolling down the thread list with my thumb, it will most of the time click on thread links when I just want to scroll down the page. Anyway to fix this? (Through forum means or individual phone lol)

Really frustrating tbh

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like the Highlights threadmarks don't work properly anymore. I can't add anything to that list, and going to the next index sometimes skips an entry. The normal Threadmarks do work, however.

Oct 25, 2017
I’m not sure if this problem is exclusive to iPhones with 3D Touch, but here it is:

When scrolling down the thread list with my thumb, it will most of the time click on thread links when I just want to scroll down the page. Anyway to fix this? (Through forum means or individual phone lol)

Really frustrating tbh
I have a 3D Touch iPhone but don't have that problem, but then I do have 3D Touch set to the lowest sensitivity setting so perhaps it's that?

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked, I don't get that message on either this page or the one you linked - just those with heavy embeds (like the pics that make you laugh thread for example).