• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Dec 15, 2018
Hello, I'm reporting a bug on ResetEra.

This bug is specific to ResetEra. It does not happen on other websites that uses Xenforo Forums as the backend.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Use Windows 10.
  2. Open Microsoft Edge. (Yes, I know...)
  3. Go to any ResetEra thread, and use Quick Reply text editor at the bottom.
  4. Type any long valid sentences, with whitespaces and punctuations. (Pretend this is a valid post message.)
  5. Hold CTRL+SHIFT, and then use Left/Right Arrow keys to select multiple words.
  6. Pause for 2 to 3 seconds.
  7. Continue holding CTRL+SHIFT and press Left/Right Arrow keys.
  8. Note the selection cursor started selecting/deselecting words at the end of the selection, rather than the current position of the cursor to resume the selection/deselection.
This looks to be an issue with the editor XenForo 2 is using. Either as a design choice or a bug.

When I insert an image with the button, the inserted image always jumps to the beginning of the post. I have to use the bbcode toggle to paste code where it's supposed to go every time. I've stopped using the button and just type the tags instead.

The same is true for adding hyperlinks, they get added at the bottom of the posts, instead of the link being added to the selected text.
Can you try clearing your browser cache and fully restarting Firefox? Sometime the browser gets into a weird state.

oh no I accidentally removed all my watched threads trying to just remove one because I didn't read through "managed watched threads" dropbox. is there anyway to bring them back?
Apologies, there is no 'undo' for unwatching all your watched threads.

How does one check threadmarks/staff posts?
Should be back now.

It seems like the Highlights threadmarks don't work properly anymore. I can't add anything to that list, and going to the next index sometimes skips an entry. The normal Threadmarks do work, however.
Any thread in particular?

Dec 15, 2018
In the My Little Pony thread, I tried to make this post a highlight, but was unable to.
There have been some recent bugfix updates to the 'threadmark' functionality, hopefully it will work better.

If you do have the next/previous buttons not working as expected, try using the "sort" interface to resort things. This will rebuild threadmark position information which the next/previous buttons use.

On the subject, I found that if I make a threadmark and set it to be in between two existing threadmarks, then it often gets indexed in the wrong place and I have to move it manually.
It is a bit hit & miss when adding threadmarks between existing ones, especially if it gets the category wrong. I'll add that to the list of things to investigate when there is time.

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Can you try clearing your browser cache and fully restarting Firefox? Sometime the browser gets into a weird state.
It's been doing this since the start of 2.0. I just cleared the cache and it's still the same. Images jump to the start of the post and when I try to add a hyperlink, the text I want to highlight gets copied to the end of the post with link, but not in the text itself. See below
text I want to highlight

Dec 15, 2018
It's been doing this since the start of 2.0. I just cleared the cache and it's still the same. Images jump to the start of the post and when I try to add a hyperlink, the text I want to highlight gets copied to the end of the post with link, but not in the text itself. See below
text I want to highlight
Try disabling extensions, if this was a compatibility issue with Firefox I would expected it to be more widespread.

Finally try using https://www.froala.com/wysiwyg-editor to see the same errors occur with the stock editor that the forum uses without any of the XenForo-related additions.

Oct 25, 2017
Ipad / Safari: In portrait orientation in forum overviews the right arrow icon falls down to the next line, making each thread take up a lot of space and fewer threads fit on one screen.

adso

Nov 6, 2017
When I have a thread open, minimize the browser, and alt-tab back into it, it loads the resetera.com homepage. It's in the same tab, navigating away from the thread as if I clicked a link to the homepage, but I didn't. I guess something in alt-tab is triggering it, but I can't figure out what.

Chrome, Windows 10, happens on my gaming PC and laptop

Oct 27, 2017
Would there be a way to hide the reply box on mobile? Or at least de-activate it until a user wants to make it active? I've been scrolling through a thread and clicking the "add media" button with my finger accidentally somehow and it takes over the entire screen. It's pretty disorienting when you're browsing through a thread quickly.

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one without access to the "Video Games" forum? It's missing from the main page and shows up empty when I click it from the left bar. Ad blocker deactivated. Shows up just fine when I logout though.

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I have the dumbest question I need answering.... what is the requirement to be able to create threads?
Looks like 90 days and 300 posts to move from Junior to Member.

"
III. Junior Status

After your account is approved, you will begin as a Junior Member. This is your chance to settle in, get a feel for the forum, and demonstrate your capacity for civil discourse. Moderation may be stricter during this period, but to discourage elitism there will be no public indication of Junior Member status. Junior Members are not able to create new threads. In order to move from being a Junior Member to a full Member, two conditions must be met: (1) 90 days must have passed since your account was approved and (2) you must have made at least 300 posts. Once these two conditions are met, your account will automatically be upgraded to Member status."

Nov 3, 2017
On the iPad, Chrome, latest iOS clicking threads just brings you to random posts, often at the bottom of the page, even if I haven't read the thread before.

Are there any plans to change the way images are shown on mobile?

Is it just me or the Alerts preference named "Alerts page skips mark read" is not working? It is described as follows: "Viewing the alerts page will not mark alerts as read".

I have selected the option, but clicking on the Alerts icon at the top of the page still marks every alert as read.

Edit: Oh is it just meant to affect the Alerts section available in the left menu? If that's the case, it would be great if it also affected the Alerts notification area at the top of the page. Or at least have another option for that.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hello guys and gals. I was wondering if I've been banned from the Video Games Discussion or is it just a bug. Whenever I log out of my account, I can see that certain discussion and read the threads. However, whenever I log into my account, that section disappears and I'm not able to view or comment on anything. Can you guys help me out and let me know what's going on?

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Hello guys and gals. I was wondering if I've been banned from the Video Games Discussion or is it just a bug. Whenever I log out of my account, I can see that certain discussion and read the threads. However, whenever I log into my account, that section disappears and I'm not able to view or comment on anything. Can you guys help me out and let me know what's going on?
You ignored the forum. Go to your Settings and un-ignore it.

Oct 28, 2017
Im sorry if this has come up before but i used to have era saved as a shortcut on my iphones home screen. It would take me to era via safari. I loved it. But ever since launch of era 2, the phone opens it as an app. Therefore as soon as i tap a thread it then opens up safari and the thread that way. Please can you stop this. I want the original safari link on my iphone screen. I read online that an advantage with this new method is it makes the site work offline or something? I dont know but its making me use this site less and less now.

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to update people on my posting gifs/pic in my replies to quotes. (I meant to post this a few days ago. Sorry)

Turns out it's a bug related to the live thread extension. And when i turned it off, everything worked again.

Sorry to the staff for the false alarm.

Jan 10, 2018
I couldn't find a good place to put this, so I figured here would be good. I wanted to thank both the webdev and UX teams for their wonderful work with 2.0! The responsiveness is genuinely great and the site feels wondrous on both mobile and desktop. It's super clean to use, either simple or data-rich as necessary, and just proves how modern forums can be. I am super please with my experience so far and look forward to continuing to post and engage!

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find a good place to put this, so I figured here would be good. I wanted to thank both the webdev and UX teams for their wonderful work with 2.0! The responsiveness is genuinely great and the site feels wondrous on both mobile and desktop. It's super clean to use, either simple or data-rich as necessary, and just proves how modern forums can be. I am super please with my experience so far and look forward to continuing to post and engage!
👍👍👍

Shugga

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forum keeps shrinking back in width, when is it gonna be an option rather than an annoying button to reach for it to be spread out all the time ?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
How is there still not an option to hide avatars? Seems like a pretty important feature.
Yep. Still waiting on this one.

I'd love to just have like how reddit has. Old.Resetera.com or something like that cause I'd rather go back just for that feature as I am still waiting on 2.0 feature that I've used yet.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to prostrate myself and beg for a fixed-height ad cell on mobile. The content moving down when the ads load has made me click on the wrong things countless times. Even on the homepage I try to click the gaming forum and OOPS the latest thread is suddenly under my thumb, guess I'm going there now.

This is a 40 second CSS fix, I beg you.

Vyer

Oct 25, 2017
Etcetera Hangouts is not showing any threads for me when I go to the page. I can get to threads that are in hangouts from other links on the board (like say the Community thread), but actually navigating to Hangouts is showing nothing.

Windows 10
Chrome

Oct 11, 2018
Is it possible to get the up/down arrow to jump to the top/bottom of a page while you're in the middle of a page back? Or is there another way of doing that that I'm not aware of?

Given how many people accidently ignore a whole forum and how useless this ability appears, maybe it should be disabled?

Also I HATE the pop-out menu when mousing over the avatar/member name of someone when reading a thread. Please for all that is usability, turn it off like you turned the hover-thread-previews off.