• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Now there's one other recurring issue that I'm having, nothing major, but the forum doesn't seem to retain my decision to hide (not ignore) certain forum sections from the first page and with each refresh they're visible again. Before the toggle was removed and before it was ever implemented that was the one thing that stayed settled.

With that said, I should thank you again for resolving a lot of the other problems, admins. It definitely is appreciated.

Mar 5, 2018
Is there a reason why (when on mobile) the buttons for inserting media don't work? It's really annoying because when I want to insert a youtube video I have to do it on my PC because nothing ever happens when I press the buttons on chrome mobile.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Is there a reason why (when on mobile) the buttons for inserting media don't work? It's really annoying because when I want to insert a youtube video I have to do it on my PC because nothing ever happens when I press the buttons on chrome mobile.
Do the other buttons in the mobile editor work?

Has it always been like this for you, or is this something that happened recently?

I thought ResetEra clear was supposed to auto-renew?

Mine didn't, logged on today and first time I opened Era I got a redirect ad to some virus garbage site. Had to renew Clear all over again as if I was just starting.

My credit card didn't expire since then, and I was using PayPal if that matters

I've noticed the Bookmarks tab is gone alltogether now, does that mean it won't come back any more? Unless I'm not using Watched Threads right, I find it rather cumbersome. You automatically watch ALL threads that you reply to, and quite frankly I don't think that makes a lot of sense. I'd much rather watch no threads at all by default, and then specifically choose the ones I do want to follow (which was possible with Bookmarks).

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed the Bookmarks tab is gone alltogether now, does that mean it won't come back any more? Unless I'm not using Watched Threads right, I find it rather cumbersome. You automatically watch ALL threads that you reply to, and quite frankly I don't think that makes a lot of sense. I'd much rather watch no threads at all by default, and then specifically choose the ones I do want to follow (which was possible with Bookmarks).
You can disable the auto-watch in Preferences.

Oct 25, 2017
I have noticed that a new favicon has been introduced lately but it is not used everywhere? I'm still getting the old one for some tabs and the new one for others.

It's a very minor thing but it kinda triggers my OCD haha.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
I thought ResetEra clear was supposed to auto-renew?

Mine didn't, logged on today and first time I opened Era I got a redirect ad to some virus garbage site. Had to renew Clear all over again as if I was just starting.

My credit card didn't expire since then, and I was using PayPal if that matters
This is strange. We'll look into this and get back to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have noticed that a new favicon has been introduced lately but it is not used everywhere? I'm still getting the old one for some tabs and the new one for others.

It's a very minor thing but it kinda triggers my OCD haha.
As mentioned, this is probably a caching issue.

Still experiencing this.
I see the problem. We'll get this fixed next week at latest.

I did have the width setting just reset, but the sidebars remained hidden :/
In the same browser? That might happen if you cleared your cookies or were using incognito/private browsing.

but why was it like that?
Because of where and how the data was stored.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Cerium

Any updates on adding this thing back?
Get yourself a custom theme and user scripts and stop waiting for them to make things how you like. Links to each board I want at the top of the screen, search bar moved to the right, removed useless arrows and refresh buttons, logo = unread and no logo = read, inline refresh button at the bottom (although mine shows two and I haven't tried to fix it yet), and more.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-unofficial-dark-theme.807/