Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Original post was partially wrong. Sorry.

OT's are showing up in the search results, if you exclude "|OT|" in the search. However, if you include "|OT|" in the search, the desired thread won't show up.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I just searched for "life is strange 2" (from this thread) and the OT was about the fifth result I saw.

EDIT: Seventh result.
Akai are you checking the box to search titles only? I did and I found the OT right away like the above poster did.
I must have screwed up somehow, because I can clearly see the |OT|, when I search just for "Life is Strange 2". I probably did a copy & paste error somewhere or I just searched the results from the "Life is Strange 2 |OT|" search twice. I'll edit my post and thanks for correcting me.

And just to be sure... If you include "|OT|" you are not seeing the thread, right?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018
Is this the right place to report my autocorrect acting up? I can't write correct words because every time I write them it automatically switches to a similar, incorrect word.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really feedback but wasn't sure where to put this question - my main email account for the last 15 years is tied to my ISP. I'm getting tired of how expensive they are and I'm shopping round for a new provider but I'm worried about losing access to all my important email. Over the last week I've been transitioning everything to a gmail address, using the + trick to make all my logins unique. Resetera is the only site that won't take a gmail address, even though I signed up from an accepted email account. Is there any plan to change this any time soon or is this rule likely to stay in place? Could switch over to my work email for now but even that's something I may not have access to forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the pile of people who want to be able to disable automatic saved drafts.
I was wondering if i'm just too dumb to disable this 'feature' and the top post on the new page makes it seem this is a common complaint.

Yeah, automatic saved drafts made me quote people from several pages ago (because i hit reply days ago in a Hangout and then didn't bother to make a post) ...

Oct 25, 2017
Not really feedback but wasn't sure where to put this question - my main email account for the last 15 years is tied to my ISP. I'm getting tired of how expensive they are and I'm shopping round for a new provider but I'm worried about losing access to all my important email. Over the last week I've been transitioning everything to a gmail address, using the + trick to make all my logins unique. Resetera is the only site that won't take a gmail address, even though I signed up from an accepted email account. Is there any plan to change this any time soon or is this rule likely to stay in place? Could switch over to my work email for now but even that's something I may not have access to forever.
Best bet is probably to contact a mod and ask if they'll let you change it to a webmail account - I think that measure is in place to stop spam accounts signing up so they might allow it for an existing account in good standing.

Oct 28, 2017
For the last couple of months, typing on my Galaxy S8 has been super fucking laggy. Like 1 to 2 seconds stutter after hitting a key, sometimes autocorrect does interesting things because of it. It only seems to be here. Its easier for me to type into a text editor and copy paste into here.

Oct 28, 2017
No, really, I know I already said this but resetera is almost unusable for me on mobile, it's very unresponsive, laggy, and the window for posts is WAY TOO SMALL...

It's also jumping around like crazy when I try to do something like adding pictures, etc.

Also even though it's so small often just scrolling through posts activates the keyboard, which often results in me typing "8" or whatever, it's also really tedious to go back to the last post I read when that happens...

It also loves to jump to the bottom of the page for no reason.

As a result a simple post that would take less than a minute often takes 8-10 minutes...

I don't know how widespread this is or if there's a fix... I hope there's a fix though.

PS: I know, I gotta charge...
Yes this is what I'm seeing. I know galaxy S8 isn't the fastest phone, but come on. Auto saving drafts, malware key logging, bitcoin mining, centralized autocorrect, whatever it is I do twant itw
Edit: intentionally did not fix the word vomit at the end. I typed "I don't want it" and whatever is running on this site changed it to that.

Oct 25, 2017
Are we ever going to get back the red banners on posts that indicate when they’ve been warned or banned? It’s difficult to notice them currently when scrolling through a thread.

Oct 29, 2017
Why does everything keep moving up and down as the pages load? How can it not figure what size everything quickly? You click on a forum for example, and then wait for things to stop jumping up and down until it's finally loaded. Sometimes it seems like it's trying to load an ad, but then no ad shows up so the space for the ad is removed.

Dec 28, 2017
Splitting up the forum and the hangouts tabs on the home page is a great change. Really didn't like how it was before. Thanks for this.

Homepage updated!
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
As some of you have already noticed, we have a significant cosmetic update for you today: The homepage has been renovated to make the Hangouts sections more visible, with their own unique custom icons/graphics! Their relationship with the "main" forum sections is maintained through color coordination and a shared naming scheme. Descriptions have been added or tweaked on desktop for clarity. On mobile, we have drastically reduced the vertical space required by each node for a much cleaner look. The side navigation and Quick Jump have also been adjusted accordingly and should now be much easier to understand at a glance and for new users.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I would’ve preferred keeping the links in the Quick Jump menu shorter. At a glance Etcetera Forum and Etcetera Hangouts look the same so it’s taking me an extra second or two to identify that Forum is the one I want. I wish the ‘Forum’ and ‘Threads’ text wasn’t there as it was cleaner and easier to identify before. I’ll try to get used to it though.

I would’ve preferred keeping the links in the Quick Jump menu shorter. At a glance Etcetera Forum and Etcetera Hangouts look the same so it’s taking me an extra second or two to identify that Forum is the one I want. I wish the ‘Forum’ and ‘Threads’ text wasn’t there as it was cleaner and easier to identify before. I’ll try to get used to it though.
I agree. It's the same for me with the side-bar. Perhaps an easy fix would be to just make the "Gaming" and "EtcetEra"-part of the Hangouts-links in a colour closer to the background colour? (Meaning on Reset Era Dark a darker shade of grey and on the brighter skin a brighter shade of grey.)

Oct 25, 2017
(EDIT: Removed quote as I did not actually mean the Quick Jump menu)

Yeah, I don’t love the sidebar change on mobile. Messes with my muscle memory and even with a quick glance I keep ending up in the wrong place. And as someone who’s usually going to Watched Threads anyway, it’s annoying to have to tap top left -> all the way back down to bottom left now.

I really don’t think either Hangouts needs to be so easily accessible anyway, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I've noticed at least on mobile is that if I press "back" to return to a previous page on this forums. It will reload the page. So for example, say I'm browsing the forums and in my mind, I took note of two threads I want to read. I clicked on one of the thread to read. Afterward, I press back so I return to the main forums to try to click on the second thread to read. Well the forums has been reloaded so now I have to search for where that second thread is. This has never happened before in previous Resetera or GAF... etc. I'm wondering if this is something that also bothers others and if there's a way for the forums to disable reloading when pressing back.

Oct 25, 2017
Small nitpicks, but I really wish all the categories didn't say "forum" or "threads" now, just seems kinda redundant, and it really makes them all blend together on the side bar now when before I could just click at a glance.

Also I'd prefer if the home page didn't say "new" next to every forum, it's not like the site is slow to where that would ever not be there.

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I've noticed at least on mobile is that if I press "back" to return to a previous page on this forums. It will reload the page. So for example, say I'm browsing the forums and in my mind, I took note of two threads I want to read. I clicked on one of the thread to read. Afterward, I press back so I return to the main forums to try to click on the second thread to read. Well the forums has been reloaded so now I have to search for where that second thread is. This has never happened before in previous Resetera or GAF... etc. I'm wondering if this is something that also bothers others and if there's a way for the forums to disable reloading when pressing back.
+1. This drives me nuts

Oct 27, 2017
Same problem...

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting a double ad movement on mobile? You refresh the page, and it bumps down to load an add, then it moves back up because there wasn't an ad?

Oct 27, 2017
Information
As some of you have already noticed, we have a significant cosmetic update for you today: The homepage has been renovated to make the Hangouts sections more visible, with their own unique custom icons/graphics! Their relationship with the "main" forum sections is maintained through color coordination and a shared naming scheme. Descriptions have been added or tweaked on desktop for clarity. On mobile, we have drastically reduced the vertical space required by each node for a much cleaner look. The side navigation and Quick Jump have also been adjusted accordingly and should now be much easier to understand at a glance and for new users.
What about something like this:

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just want to chip in my thoughts that I think the old names were better. Having two boards in the Quick Jump or navigation sidebar start with the same word in a row feels unnecessarily confusing to the brain at a quick glance.

Dec 16, 2017
Yeah, this is annoying. A toggle to disable this would be great, if possible.

I do like the new home page look! Fits in visually much better.

Oct 26, 2017
I posted this over a month ago in the 2.0 thread, am reposting here.

How do I set it so members I have on my ignore list don’t show in threads at all? Before the update if I had someone on ignore they wouldn’t show up at all which was perfect. Now I see the ignored members with a message saying ‘You are ignoring content by this member’ and asking if I want to unblock them or see the post which no offense is super annoying and redundant. Now it’s like how the ignore feature worked on the old forum which always irritated me. I’ve checked preferences and I can’t find a setting to completely hide the person like before. I understand there are some people who want to be able to see the member even if they’re ignoring them so they have the option but for me personally it’s pointles, not seeing the ignore member at all in any given thread like before made everything feel so much more neat and organized.

If the setting is no longer there can it be added back in at some point? Would be nice to get an answer to this. Getting interrupted by ignored member alerts while reading through threads is really annoying. If I want to remove a member from my ignored list I’ll go into my settings and manage them, I don’t need to have a redundant reminder of members I’m ignoring while trying to enjoy a thread.

I don’t mean to sound snappy and I realize there are some others who want to see the ignored member alerts in threads but I don’t and it’d be great to toggle them off.

Last edited:
How do I set it so members I have on my ignore list don’t show in threads at all? Before the update if I had someone on ignore they wouldn’t show up at all which was perfect.

If the setting is no longer there can it be added back in at some point? Would be nice to get an answer to this. Getting interrupted by ignored member alerts while reading through threads is really annoying. If I want to remove a member from my ignored list I’ll go into my settings and manage them, I don’t need to have a redundant reminder of members I’m ignoring while trying to enjoy a thread.
Can we switch? For me it's still the same as always with ignored members. But I would LOVE to see a notification when a post by an ignored user is blocked. It would be great to be able to optionally click on it and see what other peple are replying to. That small change would make reading threads much less confusing/the ignore feature much more usefull to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Information
Any update on the read/unread link contrast? they're still too similar for having dfferent css codes for each one to matter on desktop =/ I can't believe there was a cosmetic update and this wasn't changed yet

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to increase font size on mobible (android chrome browser)?
It's too small and "acessibility" setting only changes the thread title font size and does nothing to the font of each post in the thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Idaho
There was a new bug introduced with the latest update that causes, at the very least, the Watched threads page to the Gaming Forum randomly, perhaps only when pinned in Chrome. I always have my Watched threads pinned and now when I click over to it, half the time it'll be in the Gaming Forum for some reason. I'm on Chrome.

Also, please bring back highlighted self-comments/threads. The small purple bar above your own comments is nowhere near good enough when quickly scrolling through a thread trying to find your own post.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
Hey, have your guys ever thought about changing the italic typography on the mobile version?
It's a... pretty strong italic, to say the least. Besides being harder to read, I have seen italic letters overlapping regular ones when used together. It seems that the mobile one is way harsher than the desktop one too, which I think its fine, tbh.

Oct 26, 2017
Each sub forum had a 'Mark Read' option at the top of the page, but I can't seem to find one for the 'Watched threads' section. Is there any way of having this added?
Tested this on latest versions of Chrome, Safari and both do not show this option on the 'Watched threads' page.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought of a very good idea, but don't know if it's already been discussed or thought of.

Below a banned person's name, where it says, "banned," could that word be a hyperlink to the post that got the user banned?