Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Shy

Oct 25, 2017
Good evening everyone. Me again (sorry)

Is anyone else having problems with a large amount (i don't mean the amount on screen, but most not showing up, more than do) of pics not showing up, since the last Firefox update.

Here's an example of what i mean.

They display fine on chrome.

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I am having issues with the current mobile sidebar. The hamburger icon is already in an awkward to reach place and now I have to scroll down to reach my Watched Threads:

It is particularly vexing because, during the beta, I had been asking for a search option in the sidebar, so you could get rid of the permanent top bar. It wasn't an option because you didn't want to overcrowd the sidebar. Yet here I am looking at sidebar that is filled to the brim, with no less than 5 items I never use, while I have to scroll to get to the one I constantly use.

Unrelated, but I also want to take this opportunity to ask yet again for a 24-hour clock option.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been reported, but resetera links shared through Facebook messenger don't seem to work. They open in the FB specific browser, and then immediately close and says "Page can't be loaded". Pretty annoying as FB is generally what I use to send links.

Edit: This applies to mobile.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This navigation bar on the side--is it supposed to come back every time you click into a new page? I hoped clicking the button to hide it would do so permanently but alas the bar comes back every page I click into.

Edit: This seems like a bug. When I log out the navigation bar will stay hidden once I click to hide it. When I log back in it retains this setting of hiding the navigation bar. But now if I open the navigation bar it will disappear as soon as I click into a new page. So while logged in I cannot permanently toggle the navigation bar from whatever it is set to upon logging in. While logged out of my account it works as expected.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018
Hmm. This has been happening to me about once or twice a week now ever since the new redesign. The bar stays stuck in the middle of the screen and I can't click anything below the bar. It stays there even after a refresh or closed tab.

It's incredibly annoying and makes me yearn to disable this navigation bar entirely. I'm on iOS 10.3.3 and use Safari.

As a Desktop-User I strongly dislike the way larger images within a thread are handled. I can't use my browser plugins to zoom them right on the browser page/be able to right click on them and "view image", but have to instead click on them to get the overlay of the image in original size. That'S very much against my usual usage patterns and if this could be changed I would be very thankful.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mean to be rude by continuing to ask, but any chance we could get an option to completely disable/hide avatar photos? I browse at work sometimes and would love to not have somebody's drooling anime waifu on my screen.

Oct 26, 2017
As a Desktop-User I strongly dislike the way larger images within a thread are handled. I can't use my browser plugins to zoom them right on the browser page/be able to right click on them and "view image", but have to instead click on them to get the overlay of the image in original size. That'S very much against my usual usage patterns and if this could be changed I would be very thankful.
The pop-up system sucks on mobile and desktop both, in my opinion.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
The team has been quite busy lately but we're going to really start pushing to get Image Options out the door. That's going to be a fairly major update once implemented.
Someone forgot to color the warning message to fit in with the dark theme, what a blunder. Hope no one got fired for that one.
This should be fixed now, thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
[bug] negative edge board switching is driving me insane

I'm using win+$number to switch to different apps/windows/desktops (etc).
e.g: I switch to $browser with win+2, on key down the $browser-window will be seen (with resetera) then on key release it will switch to https://www.resetera.com/forums/gaming-forum.7/ because all "boards" are bound to keys 1 through 7.
This is very annoying and a usability nightmare (always needing to go back one page).
Can we please get a option to disable this behavior OR just change it to key down instead of key release?

Oct 27, 2017
On my iPhone, let’s say I’m holding the phone in portrait mode and I’m already scrolled halfway down the page.

If I turn the phone to landscape mode and back to portrait mode it jumps back to the top of the page on its own. Annoying when adjusting my grip while reading at night.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure that I had mentioned it before, but I'm still running into issues with the site where CPU usage skyrockets if a ResetEra tab is left idle for some amount of time.
This seems especially common with the "watched threads" page, or if I start typing up a post but don't finish/submit it and it's left idle for a while.
I haven't tested any browsers other than Firefox, so I don't know if it's specific to that or not.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to suggest that the >| link in the thread list take you to the top of the last page, not the last post. I feel like there are way more times when what I'm trying to do is just get a sense of "what's the latest in this thread" rather than "what's happening in literally the last post in this thread," which is invariably devoid of context and requires me to scroll up anyway. Right now it's always a combo for me, click last post link then reach way up there to hit top of thread button.