Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hello.

I'm using Safari on iOS 12.1.4 (16D57), iPhone 6

Over the past week or so, I've noticed that when browsing the gaming forum (which lists the threads), and then clicking into a thread, and moving back to the forum (thread listing page), it reloads the page. So I don't see the threadlist exactly as I saw it before clicking into a page (it reloads, so threads I may have wanted to click into have disappeared). This didn't seem to happen before. Can this be fixed, please? I usually like to scroll through the theread listing, mentally note threads I'd like to read, and then click into one, followed by moving back and clicking into another, etc. etc.

Thanks.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hello.

Over the past week or so, I've noticed that when browsing the gaming forum (which lists the threads), and then clicking into a thread, and moving back to the forum (thread listing page), it reloads the page. So I don't see the threadlist exactly as I saw it before clicking into a page (it reloads, so threads I may have wanted to click into have disappeared). This didn't seem to happen before. Can this be fixed, please? I usually like to scroll through the theread listing, mentally note threads I'd like to read, and then click into one, followed by moving back and clicking into another, etc. etc.

Thanks.
Not that it’s an ideal solution, but can you not just open each thread in a new tab to preserve the original order in the first tab?

Ether_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
I never see ads even though I disabled Ad Block Plus for resetera.
Strangely, I have the same issue on youtube...

edit: On PC

Also, scrolling up and down the page is very slow.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So now the image options are available but the way lightbox works isn't great or I'm missing something. My use case is simple: reading threads like PC screenshot topic I'd like to open images full-screen in background tabs like it used to work, either by middle mouse or with browser context menu. With the current functionality I can't do that easily and the lightbox overlay just opens the same image, scaled with a lot worse usability than just opening the image in browser (eg. touch gestures)

Is there a way to disable that without user-side scripting/blocking?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Embedding Twitch clips seems to be broken for me? When trying to embedd a clip, it posts a video to the stream and not the actual clip.

ie.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Links to ResetEra shared through Facebook messenger are still completely broken. It makes it very hard to share links to discussions.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hello.

Thanks.
Update on this: I tried the mobile Chrome browser today, didn’t experience the same issue. This is only occurring on mobile Safari. I’d really appreciate it if this could be fixed. I’m not a fan of Chrome mobile. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear the search function fucks with me. I don't think I've brought it up before but it has happened on multiple occasions. Anyone else notice search weirdness? The most recent example:

I search for "jumpgate" everywhere and choose to search titles only.
Nothing.

Okay maybe two words? Trying "jump gate" titles only.
Nothing.

The hell? So I search google for "resetera jumpgate" and find the thread (Jumpgate: a versatile dock for Switch...)
Okay, maybe it's very picky and treats the colon as part of the word and doesn't do partials?

I search for "jumpgate:" this time.
Hey, it found it. That must be it.

Then I try just "jumpgate" again to continue poking search with a stick.
This time...it does find it without the colon. Huh.

Now I try it again and again and it works every time.
This is like the 5th time search has worked out this way for me. The first time I search something it sometimes doesn't work. Then later it does, as if my search prompted some sort of index to finally do its job or something.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I have a weird bug specific to Firefox

The front page seems to be stuck to what it was a few days ago, latest and trending work, but when I click gaming forum all the threads are stuck in the same place and don't update

If I try and log out by clicking on my profile i get an error message "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again"

I tried to delete cookies and saved passwords for the site and that worked, but logging back in puts me back to the locked/stuck front page

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
This might be the wrong place to post this but I'm having trouble changing my email information in my profile - not sure if this is related to ResetEra 2.0 or not. I've asked for my contact email to be changed to another non-disposable email address - it lets me change it and says the confirmation email gets sent but it doesn't go through, i.e. I can't see in my inbox.

I've tested the Inbox using other senders and emails go through just fine. I've checked the Spam folder - nothing. Is it possible ResetEra would have trouble sending to a particular provider? Who would I be able to work with to troubleshoot this?

Edit: Nevermind. I was able to trace the issue to the email provider. Issue resolved.

Last edited:

Mariip

Oct 26, 2017
Contrast between read and unread thread links is still indistinguishable outside of mobile =/

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Everyone's avatars disappeared!

EDIT: nevermind, looks like the forum image options in my settings were reset or something. Weird!

Last edited:

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
I’ve been getting a weird pop up in safari in iOS 12 on my iPhone XS every time I try to watch an embedded YouTube video that requires me to accept YouTube tracking my info across Resetera if I want to watch videos. Has this already been addressed previously?

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Hm. Looks like the ability to set a cover image for my threads has vanished today.
Are you still seeing other Covers? And how has the feature become inaccessible, is the button just not there anymore?

Edit: I believe I have found the problem, we are working on a solution.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed this when the automotive thread was the featured community.
But if you're watching a thread that becomes the featured community it disappears from your watch list and reappears as soon as it isnt.
The Automotive community thread reappeared on my watch list as soon as it stopped being pinned in the off topic section.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
On Windows 10 1809 x64 desktop with Chrome, pages are refreshing adds and grabbing control of the mouse cursor as I type messages and I have to reclick on the window. Or it's whatever scripts you run for the feature to remember posts I abandon.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Hm. Looks like the ability to set a cover image for my threads has vanished today.
This should be fixed now. Members should be able to add/edit Covers to threads again.

This is probably a question for the XenForo developers themselves, but is there any way to make search results agnostic to accent marks, e.g., searches for "pokemon" can find and return results for "Pokémon"?

EDIT: I don't know what add-ons are being used but apparently this is something XenForo themselves implemented in an add-on: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-new-in-the-official-add-ons-2-0.133425/post-1171424
Thanks for the suggestion: We're implementing this right now. Search will be down during this process.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I have a suggestion regarding the Threadmarks system. It's useful, but IMO it's too hidden currently. I often miss it compared to the previous method of just posting links to updates in the OP for easy reference.

My suggestion is to essentially automate the old "OP updates list" using Threadmarks. When one is added, as well as being listed under the Threadmarks button, I think it would be useful to have a Threadmarks section in the OP which automatically lists the threadmark description text, date & time and links to the post in question when clicked.

I think this would make updates to threads more visible and less easy to miss.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I have a suggestion regarding the Threadmarks system. It's useful, but IMO it's too hidden currently. I often miss it compared to the previous method of just posting links to updates in the OP for easy reference.

My suggestion is to essentially automate the old "OP updates list" using Threadmarks. When one is added, as well as being listed under the Threadmarks button, I think it would be useful to have a Threadmarks section in the OP which automatically lists the threadmark description text, date & time and links to the post in question when clicked.

I think this would make updates to threads more visible and less easy to miss.
I'd probably echo this suggestion with a change: make it an ever-present box that occupies either the top or bottom of every page. This would serve to both make it more visible and easier to use as a thread navigation tool.

Thanks for the suggestion: We're implementing this right now. Search will be down during this process.
Out of curiosity I'm wondering if this was completed? I'm noticing that the search suggestions that appear while typing in the Search box on desktop appears to return accent-agnostic results but this doesn't occur on mobile for me and normal search results appear to have the same behavior as before.

Either way, I was certainly not expecting action to be taken on this so quickly! Thanks for looking into it.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Bug: This is really hard to search for, so forgive me if it's already a known issue: If someone inserts a quote from you (or maybe had it in an existing draft?), but removes your quote before submitting, you still get a notification that you've been quoted.

I guess this could be someone editing out a quote after it's been posted, but I've had it happen a handful of times, and my assumption's been that the quote was removed before the user finishes posting.

In the grand scheme of things, not a major issue.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed by accident today that I am able to select "Staff Post" from the post editor.

Is this a bug? I feel like this option shouldn't be visible to everyone anyway, lol.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed by accident today that I am able to select "Staff Post" from the post editor.

Is this a bug? I feel like this option shouldn't be visible to everyone anyway, lol.
I agree it shouldn't be in the editor, but the system allows anyone to use the tag in case they quote a message from a staff member who used the tag.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
is there no way to turn the search suggestion thing off at all? i have a slightly slow pc and going to click the search titles only box will sometimes flash up suggesed threads so i end up clicking them instead

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Why is the site still randomly scrolling up and down still?

Why does clicking on a thread for a second time bring you to a random page and post?

The scrolling thing is so annoying.

Bricktop

Oct 27, 2017
Four months later and the site still runs like absolute garbage on my phone. Posting takes forever because of typing delay and pages spaz out and scroll up and down at random. This is the only site that does this.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, when you say things scroll up and down, do you meant randomly after the page is already loaded? Or when you first enter a thread?

Because if it’s when you first open a page, that’s going to happen. It’s frustrating, but stuff like Tweets and such load in later.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since the redesign now.

are we ever going to get buttons instead of the "quick jump" drop down in desktop? There are only seven options and plenty of free space for them.
are we ever going to get edit as an option in mobile rather then a "more options" drop down where it is in fact the only option?

Four months later and the site still runs like absolute garbage on my phone. Posting takes forever because of typing delay and pages spaz out and scroll up and down at random. This is the only site that does this.
Same here, on firefox beta for android.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
To be clear, when you say things scroll up and down, do you meant randomly after the page is already loaded? Or when you first enter a thread?

Because if it’s when you first open a page, that’s going to happen. It’s frustrating, but stuff like Tweets and such load in later.
It's after a load.

I'll scroll to a post, stop to read them the page will just take off up or down with no input on my screen. Like I can be reading a post for 5-10 seconds before it fires off.

And it's not just jumping from stuff loading in, it'll scroll tons.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
And update on fixing the ads so they don't shift the page making you click on the wrong thing? It happens to me all the time on mobile.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Why does clicking on a thread for a second time bring you to a random page and post?
it takes you to the newest post after the last one you read. It's to get you back to where you left off, so you can continue reading.

Not everyone likes it, and it should be an option to turn off, but if you take it away from me I'll fight you to the death! I love it.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
it takes you to the newest post after the last one you read. It's to get you back to where you left off, so you can continue reading.

Not everyone likes it, and it should be an option to turn off, but if you take it away from me I'll fight you to the death! I love it.
It doesn't sadly. I can click on a thread once, then back out, click again and it'll take me 3 pages deep even if I left off on page 1.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't sadly. I can click on a thread once, then back out, click again and it'll take me 3 pages deep even if I left off on page 1.
Weird. If your on page 2 of 10 or whatever and you leave and come back, then it will take you to page 3 even if when you left you hadn't read the whole page, but that's because it's harder to to know exactly what post you were on, but I've never had it jump extra pages.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Weird. If your on page 2 of 10 or whatever and you leave and come back, then it will take you to page 3 even if when you left you hadn't read the whole page, but that's because it's harder to to know exactly what post you were on, but I've never had it jump extra pages.
It'll jump extra pages for old threads. I can't remember how old a thread has to be but I think it was mentioned in either this thread or one of the previous threads for older updates.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Idaho
The site randomly jumps from whatever page I'm on to a new page, mainly the main forum hubs, when I switch to that tab with my keyboard (Ctrl + 2, Ctrl + 5, etc). This happens with both pinned tabs, and non-pinned tabs. The pinned tab I have of my Watched Threads will jump to the Gaming Forum on its own if I change over to it with my keyboard, for instance. This doesn't happen if I change to that tab with my mouse. It's really, really frustrating. This happens in Chrome on both Windows (10) and ChromeOS.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It'll jump extra pages for old threads. I can't remember how old a thread has to be but I think it was mentioned in either this thread or one of the previous threads for older updates.
That’s just because after some amount of time (a month?) it “forgets” how much of it you’ve read. So that does only apply to old threads, and likely wouldn’t be what they’re experiencing.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
That’s just because after some amount of time (a month?) it “forgets” how much of it you’ve read. So that does only apply to old threads, and likely wouldn’t be what they’re experiencing.
I've experienced threads taking me to the first page if I haven't seen them in a long time, but the "Jump to new" button still takes me to where I left off. I'm not sure what the logic there is.

treble

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter embeds just stopped working out of the blue for me this morning... never had a problem with them before. Any suggestions?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Also reporting Twitter embeds broke globally at some point within the last 15 minutes or so. Using Chrome on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.