Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
The Gay Rat Association
Thank you to the staff for restoring the ignore feature.

I know that you probably didn’t want to have something like this because of that time where everyone made a stink about it and tensions rose.

EctEra is a dump of everything that isn’t gaming. And I suppose that makes sense, because it keeps the forum small. But with the haphazard way anyone can post about serious topics like suicide, death and violence, I’m not interested in seeing it.

Last edited:

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Official Staff Communication
We have restored the option to ignore forums, this time with the additional confirmation dialog seen when ignoring threads. This solution will hopefully prevent accidental use of the feature.
I do hope this works out, because it's a very handy feature. I like being able to look at a forum occasionally while still ignoring it for most purposes.

bonaldblumpf

Mar 4, 2018
It says I have insufficient privileges to post threads. Do I need to post like hundreds of posts before I get privileges for threads?

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
I can't start threads anymore? is it because of the "coward" tag?
Should be fixed (being banned derped things), not sure why your account didn't get migrated when some permissions where fixed up. Will investigate to see if others are affected.

It says I have insufficient privileges to post threads. Do I need to post like hundreds of posts before I get privileges for threads?
There are requirements on membership before you can post threads

DownUnderCoder

Administrator
Dec 15, 2018
dunno but i'm grateful they were removed. it would autoselect the first suggestion, so typing something in and hitting enter would result in being sent to the first result, which i really didn't like
The auto-complete no longer should automatically select the first result, and is now enabled again.

My post history is all fucked up
This was an artifact of search rebuild, should be resolved.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Reloading a page to see new posts doesn't reload to the spot I was at but instead reloads to the first unread post when I initially clicked on the thread so I have to scroll down quite a bit past posts I have already seen.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Hey staff/mods

XboxDvr video tags are no longer working on the forums. I guess it is something to do with their re-brand.

Essentially, after a request from Microsoft, they have had to rebrand to GamerDVR.

Could their site be added to the media tag list please?

Also, XboxClips media are acting strange on my phone. When I media tag them the aspect ratio is all off. The video is zoomed in and cuts off most of the video. It works when I switch my phone to landscape, but portrait has the issue.

I am on Chrome browser with a Note 9 if that helps solve the issue. See an example here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/apex-legends-ot2-got-an-official-thread-here-level-2.104929/post-19516203

Thanks for your efforts and hopefully these issues can be fixed.
Test post: I tried changing the url to Xboxdvr.com...

Edit: it worked as a work around. It would be good if Gamedvr.com could be added though.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Toggle width just suddenly broke for me on desktop, it's resetting to the mobile width every time I load a page.

edit: only happening on Firefox, Chrome is fine

Last edited:

Baked Pigeon

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm getting a bug on mobile that causes Gboard to close. This is extremely annoying when trying type a reply. I've found that it is tied to the ads on the bottom of the page changing. I'm on Android.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Re: this thread

Using Firefox. Sidebar isn't staying open for me either even though it used to. No change in the window size, it just went from staying open to auto-hiding with every page load suddenly.

Also having the variable width issues mentioned above which are probably related, checked vs Chrome and both the sidebar and width are working correctly in that.

Edit: Worth noting that if I open the sidebar and go to another page, it takes two clicks to re-open the sidebar. Like the first click is trying to close it even though it's already hidden, and the second one opens it back up. If the sidebar is already closed and I go to a new page it only takes one click to open it.

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Using Firefox. Sidebar isn't staying open for me either even though it used to. No change in the window size, it just went from staying open to auto-hiding with every page load suddenly.

Also having the variable width issues mentioned above which are probably related, checked vs Chrome and both the sidebar and width are working correctly in that.

Edit: Worth noting that if I open the sidebar and go to another page, it takes two clicks to re-open the sidebar. Like the first click is trying to close it even though it's already hidden, and the second one opens it back up. If the sidebar is already closed and I go to a new page it only takes one click to open it.
Was going to reply to the thread before it was closed (sorry I was unaware of this thread to post issues in) but yes, I am on firefox as well and nothing changed in terms of window size. Just got on era today and noticed the sidebar isn't opening by default and I have to click it to open (usually twice on new pages as you said).

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
sidebar broken for me too, on firefox for desktop. it is hidden when moving to a new page, though i can still open it by clicking the top left button to close(?) and reopen it

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
It seems that a Firefox update may have broken something. We are investigating. Thank you for the reports and your patience.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
Everything at the top of the page from the menu across to and including the down arrow is non functional. It was working fine earlier so this has only happened sometime over the last few hours. I am using Chrome on a Chromebook.

EDIT - everything is back to normal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017

Was going to reply to the thread before it was closed (sorry I was unaware of this thread to post issues in) but yes, I am on firefox as well and nothing changed in terms of window size. Just got on era today and noticed the sidebar isn't opening by default and I have to click it to open (usually twice on new pages as you said).
sidebar is broken for me as well now
sidebar broken for me too, on firefox for desktop. it is hidden when moving to a new page, though i can still open it by clicking the top left button to close(?) and reopen it
Huge empty sides on the page just appeared on desktop, firefox.
Hey all, we're having a bit of trouble reproducing this. Can you folks try clearing your cache and see if that helps at all?

If not, details about OS/version would be appreciated. Are you all on Windows? And can you double check the Firefox version number?

Thanks!

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Hey all, we're having a bit of trouble reproducing this. Can you folks try clearing your cache and see if that helps at all?

If not, details about OS/version would be appreciated. Are you all on Windows? And can you double check the Firefox version number?

Thanks!
Clearing cache/cookies/temp data doesn't fix it. Windows 10, multiple machines, broken on both Firefox 66.0.2 and 66.0.3

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We have just deployed a patch which might help with the Firefox issue. Please check again and let us know if it made any difference.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The sidebar won't stay closed here and the widen option is gone too
On latest Firefox and W10

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
firefox with noscript won't keep the sidebar on.

but if i disable noscript then the sidebar won't stay off.

windows 10, firefox 66.0.3 (64-bit) desktop

Oct 25, 2017
So the little diagonal thing at the bottom to make the page layout not mobile shit with 2/3 of the page empty is broken on chrome desktop. No matter how many times I click it it just resets to default after every new page. The side bar wont stay gone either.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Posting here too:

The only change I've noticed today is that the sidebar now only ever takes one click to open, even if it was previously open. Still closes automatically when a new page is loaded.

Width toggle works, but still resets to narrow on page load like the sidebar. It still takes two clicks to set if the page was previously set to wide.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Alright looks like we're going to have to do the old browser compatibility dance with Firefox. We'll be looking into a bunch of different possible solutions so unfortunately I cannot give a timeline, but we're definitely going to keep plugging away at it until this is resolved. Thanks for your assistance and patience.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is having issues with keeping the sidebar closed on Firefox
CSS:
.uix_sidebarNav {
    display: none;
}
And to change the width. This can likely be done another way, but this worked on first try so I stopped looking for solutions.
CSS:
.uix_page--fixed.sidebarNav--active .p-body-inner {
    width: 97%;
}
You can fiddle with the width to your liking. Delete both once it's fixed or keep it.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Width and sidebar change back every time I click on a link on Chrome incognito. Even if I just refresh the page it resets width and sidebar.

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a bug on mobile that causes Gboard to close. This is extremely annoying when trying type a reply. I've found that it is tied to the ads on the bottom of the page changing. I'm on Android.
My keyboard is also constantly dismissesed while typing, causing me to accidentally click on ads that take me away from the forum.

This is very frustrating. Chrome, Android

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
My keyboard is also constantly dismissesed while typing, causing me to accidentally click on ads that take me away from the forum.

This is very frustrating. Chrome, Android
I am having this issue as well. It's especially annoying because it seems to wipe everything in the text box.

Edit
Maybe it happens when the ad changes?

Last edited:

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Another report for toggling width and sidebar not saving. Ubuntu 19.04, this includes both Firefox 66.0.3 and Chromium 73.0.3683.103. I just reinstalled the system, perhaps stuff saved before some big update kept working but now it doesn't save? Maybe image options are involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.