Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I just restarted my browser (Chrome) after crash and now I cant get rid of the dang sidebar either

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
Thank you for reporting the sidebar issues. We're right now making preparations for a major point update to the core software -- in the best case scenario the update will solve these problems. If it doesn't, we'll at least be able to rule out the core software as the cause. No timeline yet on when we'll be ready to pull the trigger but obviously we want to get it done as soon as we can.

Will bookmarks ever be making a comeback?
Bookmarks will be included in the upcoming update.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
There are a couple other issues in Firefox with the reply box.
  1. The dialogue box for "Insert Link" is broken. Cannot click anywhere except the highlighted URL box or the box goes away. Cannot click on the Text box as a result, it just disappears.
  2. Inserting an Image always inserts the image at the beginning of the box instead of where the cursor is. This makes quoting extremely difficult since it inserts before any quotes or text no matter what, forcing you to cut & paste your text to put it before inserted images.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Not really a bug but probably a stupid question but back when the site first launched I seem to recall gmail and other email providers like gmail weren't allowed when registering but I was wondering if we can use them now for an existing account? Trying to move most of my stuff away from my old ISP email address and was curious.

Kalik

Nov 1, 2017
it's not just the Sidebar...the setting for the Menu bar on the top left also no longer sticks...plus 'Toggle width' no longer sticks either...this is in Microsoft Edge...so it's not just a Firefox or Chrome issue

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone experiencing huge lag when typing a reply on mobile?

I never experience this on other sites, but when typing in the reply box, although SwiftKey (or Gboard, I've tried both) registers my typing instantly, the text box takes literal seconds *per letter* to show what's been typed.

I don't know what's causing it but it doesn't make for a pleasant experience.

Edit: This is on a OnePlus 3 on Android 8.0.

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
Are Staff Posts and Threadmarks broken on Mobile? I always get an error in Chrome on Android when trying to open them.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
My keyboard is also constantly dismissesed while typing, causing me to accidentally click on ads that take me away from the forum.

This is very frustrating. Chrome, Android
I came in this thread to post this same thing, it's frustrating as hell. Sometimes the kb will disappear the moment I bring it back up. Doesn't happen when the ad changes because I've tapped on the same damn ad more than once before.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Bug on mobile drives me crazy whenever I'm typing a thread and a new ad loads in it shifts my screen up or down wherever the new ad loads. Because ads continually cycle in and out over time, the screen is constantly shifting up and down, losing focus of the text box.

Generally I feel like the text box is shifting out of focus often when typing. But the ad loading is the only really disruptive problem

Oh edit, I also have the problrm with the keyboard disappearing. I'm fairly certain it's whenever a new ad loads in, I suspect focus is removed from the input because the dom is being redrawn and the key board closes when that happens. It's maddening, I usually don't use the site on Mobile because of it.

Android latest, chrome latest, pixel 3

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really a bug, but maybe someone can help me out here.

Is there no way to search threads by thread creator? (i.e. see all the threads made by John Doe) I'm trying to find this option and failing at it. Does the forum really not have this?

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Bug on mobile drives me crazy whenever I'm typing a thread and a new ad loads in it shifts my screen up or down wherever the new ad loads. Because ads continually cycle in and out over time, the screen is constantly shifting up and down, losing focus of the text box.

Generally I feel like the text box is shifting out of focus often when typing. But the ad loading is the only really disruptive problem

Oh edit, I also have the problrm with the keyboard disappearing. I'm fairly certain it's whenever a new ad loads in, I suspect focus is removed from the input because the dom is being redrawn and the key board closes when that happens. It's maddening, I usually don't use the site on Mobile because of it.

Android latest, chrome latest, pixel 3
This is a problem for me on both desktop and mobile. It's REALLY bad. Often times it makes the reply box slow, unresponsive, or no longer active too. It is a REALLY bad user experience.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance this limit could be increased or removed entirely?

I could see this being a technical limitation, as every post you view has to be compared against this list individually; at some point you start creating a disproportionate load on the server compared to a typical user just by browsing a thread.

If you really have to ignore that many people, I would suggest maybe this isn't the forum for you.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I could see this being a technical limitation, as every post you view has to be compared against this list individually; at some point you start creating a disproportionate load on the server compared to a typical user just by browsing a thread.

If you really have to ignore that many people, I would suggest maybe this isn't the forum for you.
I think of myself as fairly draconian with the ignore button but a look at my ignore list shows only 17 posters. I could probably live happily if I were to unignore all of them, as I mostly ignore people to save myself from getting into repetitive arguments and annoying everybody else. Once the silly argument recedes into the past I don't really need to ignore anybody.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
About every time the visible ad on any page reloads (every 15 seconds or so), input focus is stolen from an active edit window on desktop. It's driving me absolutely insane.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person who gets site connection errors when browsing on mobile?
Just came here to post this. Like every 5-10 minutes or so the page will crash on Google Chrome for iOS.

Oh and when ads change or reload or something it disables my keyboard and then it leads to me hitting the ad and opening a new tab. It’s getting really frustrated. It happened 3 times while I was typing this up 😤

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Just came here to post this. Like every 5-10 minutes or so the page will crash on Google Chrome for iOS.

Oh and when ads change or reload or something it disables my keyboard and then it leads to me hitting the ad and opening a new tab. It’s getting really frustrated. It happened 3 times while I was typing this up 😤
Ok then I am not the only one having the issue. I'm also on Chrome for iOS if that makes a difference to the admins.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
My apologies if this isn’t the right place to ask this, but is there a suggestions thread, or would this thread suffice?

I looked around, but couldn’t find anything.

Aquova

Oct 27, 2017
USA
On Firefox for iOS, the site seems to have loaded with all of the colors inverted. The light theme is dark with white text, but with the buttons and my avatar image inverted, and vice versa for dark theme. I can provide screenshots if this wasn't clear.

EDIT: I was able to fix the issue

Last edited:

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
Theres a small issue with the Dark theme on mobile if you enable dark mode in Chrome. The horizontal Quick Jump bar at the top has a white background.

poindexter

Oct 25, 2017
My avatar got chopped up at the bottom during the ERA 2.0 update. Is there a way to retrieve the original? I didn't have a backup lol :(

Pargon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a minor thing, but could the allowed minimum number of threads per page setting be reduced below 50?
It seems that the default is 40, but I'd like to reduce that even further - to something like 10.
Same thing for posts-per-page.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Hi Mods

The work around for the XboxDVR/GamerDVR is no longer working.

Are you able to add GamerDVR to the video media tags please?

Hey staff/mods

XboxDvr video tags are no longer working on the forums. I guess it is something to do with their re-brand.

Essentially, after a request from Microsoft, they have had to rebrand to GamerDVR.

Could their site be added to the media tag list please?

Also, XboxClips media are acting strange on my phone. When I media tag them the aspect ratio is all off. The video is zoomed in and cuts off most of the video. It works when I switch my phone to landscape, but portrait has the issue.

I am on Chrome browser with a Note 9 if that helps solve the issue. See an example here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/apex-legends-ot2-got-an-official-thread-here-level-2.104929/post-19516203

Thanks for your efforts and hopefully these issues can be fixed.
Test post: I tried changing the url to Xboxdvr.com...

Edit: it worked as a work around. It would be good if Gamedvr.com could be added though.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Been ongoing for a while, but for some reason I can't view most embedded videos from Streamable. I press play and they just go into an endless loading loop.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Galaxy S8. Unsure if this is a phone or site bug but every so often as in writing a post, the site auto refreshes (an ad changing?) And my keyboard disappears, which makes me click on an ad or something else .

It's very frustrating

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Galaxy S8. Unsure if this is a phone or site bug but every so often as in writing a post, the site auto refreshes (an ad changing?) And my keyboard disappears, which makes me click on an ad or something else .

It's very frustrating
Pretty sure it’s a mobile thing. The Ads refresh I think, causing your keyboard to disappear and it just happens to be right above the ad. It feels almost deliberate if it is that’s scummy as hell.

Also Era still continues to crash on Chrome for iOS at more or less the same frequency. I’m curious if someone is reading these posts or not because both issues that are bombarding the mobile experience are incredibly frustrating.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
It's not a bug I'm sure, but can we get the site to not remember what you typed in a reply to a thread? If I accidentally hit reply to a mile long post, any time I come back into said thread I have to delete it because some cookie I'm sure remembers what I had "typed" in the reply box.

Absolutely hate this "feature."

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia Beach

It's very frustrating
Yep this happens almost every thread I open and it's the fucking worst. Hello Fresh has gotten so many clicks from me over the past few days because the keyboard will dissappear and I'll click the ad trying to type still.

Mint

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
There are so many bugs with posting from mobile. If you disable the advanced text features, the keyboard constantly covers what you're typing. Somehow, using 3D touch to move the cursor almost always freezes the entire browser. I pretty much avoid posting from mobile nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.