Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Report bugs here (Check "Staff Posts" at the top of the thread for updates)

Search results now ordered by Date instead of Relevance
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
Search results are now ordered by Date instead of Relevance by default. You can still choose to order by Relevance with advanced search.

Imgur fixed on dark theme
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Some images aren't loading for me. (Also I can't upload any images and it's telling me to contact an administrator). I'm using Naver Whale, which is based on Chromium. Edge loads the image without a problem but Chrome on my phone doesn't.

https://i.imgur.com/5yd0geZ.png
Information
We've found and fixed a problem where imgur images were not loading on dark theme.

Watched Threads Fixed
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
The Watched Threads issue should now be resolved. This was a particularly nasty bug that was tied into a bunch of other systems and untangling the mess was tedious; in the end we had to disable (for now) the dedicated New Threads page. The New Threads feed on the right sidebar (found on the main page) is still working perfectly. Thank you for your patience with the downtime.

Thread title colors adjusted / Disabled avatars padding update
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Information
We have adjusted the padding to the mobile thread list when avatars are disabled. We believe this should now work for at least the vast majority of users.

At the same time we also changed the colors of thread titles on the thread list; unread threads are now black/gray instead of purple. We're searching for the best solution to make thread titles as readable as possible.

We thought we had a permanent fix for the Watched threads issue, but the solution ended up breaking other stuff so this is going to take some more work. In the meantime, the temporary workaround posted previously should still work.

CROSS and HIDE tags fixed
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
We have introduced fixes for CROSS and HIDE tags. Both tags should now be working properly.

HIDE tags have additionally been upgraded from their old functionality: Now they will automatically reveal themselves to anyone who has posted inside the thread, and be hidden from everyone else. We believe the change should be retroactive, so please let us know ASAP if you are seeing old HIDE tags that are still not working.

Covers fixed
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
We believe Covers should now be working for thread creators. Please note that, as with other features, we'll be monitoring what kind of effect this has on performance under heavy traffic.

First Patch Applied

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Is the forum database failing? Threads are reset to their state just before before yesterday's maintenance (about 4 pm UTC).
On mobile I can only see half of the thread. If I try to skip to the last page it takes me to the middle. If I post i can see recent posts above me but nothing else.
Half of the posts just disappearing in this thread. It jumps from 33 pages to 17, with the last reply nearly 12 hours ago.
When i click on threads now it says thread cant be found. Sometimes when i refresh the thread loads.
Now it won't even let me open threads like the new Smash OT. I hope this forum gets some serious fixes before Friday. I appreciate the hardwork devs! Just needed a bit time in the oven.
I'm having troubles seeing page 2 of topics in the Video Games section. It keeps showing topics from 12 hours ago. Page 1 is fine and being updated, but page 2 just shows topics from 12 hours ago.

Also, when I go into a topic it's not showing the latest post. It cuts off like the last 30 posts.
There's some weirdness going on with the current thread glitch.

Right now I'm on page second but if I click this thread from the menu, it brings me to a version of the thread that only has 9 pages worth of posts. Takes a few tries to actually bring me to the current version of the thread with 17 pages.
Add me to the list of people now getting that "oops" error message when clicking on threads.
Did we travel back in time?
Slow and full of redundancy and now full of errors telling me thread no longer exists and notification constantly showing old alerts and then not.

This is a mess.
We have identified the backend problem that was causing most of the errors on the site today. The first of two patches has already been applied, and the other will go out later tonight.

CROSS bbcode

Hecht

Welp
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
It looks like [ cross ] tags no longer have any effect. Even if this was intentional, it means that previously marked spoilers are now not marked!

Sometimes the cross tag was used so you could mark an individual word or phrase as a spoiler without hiding the whole sentence.
This is on our list to address.

Watched Threads issue

Hecht

Welp
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
My watched threads were all initially intact after the migration, but upon adding a new watched thread it erased all but one, which wasn't even the one I had just clicked to watch. If I visit those threads individually, they still show up as watched, but even unwatching and rewatching them does not make them reappear. I'm not the only one who has had this happen but as far as I could tell the issue hasn't been recognized just yet.
We're aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Second Back-End Patch

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We've recently applied the second back-end fix. This should help with stability and load times. We're aware of the issues with website styling/CSS and are working on a fix. Thank you for your continued patience.

Bookmarks Disabled

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
We have disabled bookmarks for now as it was causing performance issues. It will remain disabled until we can sort them out.

Website styling/CSS Fixed

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Our tireless tech team has fixed the website styling/CSS issue. We will continue to diligently work on solving remaining bugs and increasing performance.

Max Width Button
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Love to only use 65% of my horizontal screen
Too much wasted space for non-mobile users. I can hide the side bars but my layout is the same, why not extend it dynamically? Right now I have two big empty spaces to the left and right of me, and its fucking with me. Feels too mobile-focused. I like it when the page fills my screen (For reference I'm using a 1080p 24 inch monitor)
There's a button for you in the bottom left.

Hide Avatars in Thread List

deltaplus

Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,

I've added the option to show or hide avatars in thread listings throughout the site. This option, if disabled, will hide avatars that normally show to the left of a thread title in any thread listing (e.g. inside a forum, watched threads, trending, etc.).

You can access it by going to https://www.resetera.com/account/preferences and changing the "Show Avatars in Thread List" option.

Enjoy!

Temporary solution to Watched Threads issues
OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
Watched threads showing up when there's no new posts is annoying. No idea if it's a bug but the old theme didn't do it, and it's doing my tits in.
This is kinda inconvenience but the watched thread feature doesnt provide all my watched threads but half of them. I dont know how to track the invisible ones
We're working on a fix for this. One way to resolve for now: Navigate to Trending and disable all node filters.