Welcome Your New Admins and Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the closest thing we have to an official thread for expressing thanks? Because I'll just copy over what I wrote in another one that sank, so it reaches as many of the staff and volunteers as it can:

I'd like to add my thanks here as well to everyone involved, from ResetEra staff to the Discord community leads to the content creators who brought their OTs over, for their Herculean efforts in putting this together so quickly and successfully. I think I'm not alone here in saying that over the course of half a week I went from seriously thinking I might just be done with talking about video games on the Internet (ugh, right before Odyssey) to outright excited about what was to come (yes, right before Odyssey!).

This wasn't just a migration: I think this is a tighter-knit community than when we started, now that we've had a shared experience of floating on evacuation ships in the harbour, waiting for the docks to be built, ferrying information to each other from pod to pod, making sure our fellow travellers don't get left behind, tossing eggplants at one another. Mass migrations almost never work, but I have every reason to be optimistic that this one will be the strongest of exceptions. It's like we've just had a change of interface as though nothing was disrupted, with the only difference being that we're all a little closer to each other and eager to see what lies ahead. And for that, we owe your dedication and your willingness to commit to such a big risk on almost no notice at all. Not everyone has made it over, I know, but with such a warm and encouraging start it's only a matter of time.

Oct 26, 2017
Feels absolutely wonderful to be here. After 7 years on GAF this feels like the transition that needed to happen two years ago.

Thanks for the mods and admins to see this whole migration through. Job well done.

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks to everyone who worked to make this new forum happen. Great work and I hope everyone in the various discords still looking to join are able to do so soon.

Oct 26, 2017
Look forward to meeting bi-weekly to tell you what you're doing wrong.

JK! Happy to be here and hopefully we can talk pie in the sky cuz that's my forté.

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to be in!
My endless grattitude goes out to anyone who helped set up this forum so quickly!
Especially the mods and admins! Bless each and every one of you!

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all your hard work the last couple of days and congratulations to a successful start! I hope this can be home to all the new threads I make :)

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Thank you so much for everything. This place is really great.

It's probably too early to ask this, but I'm too curious: Do Cheesemeister and shinobi know if they'll be able to run GOTY and Most Anticipated threads here?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
All you people concerned about BronsonLee with authority should relax. He doesn't actually ban people, he mails them dead birds. Eventually storage will be an issue but if you behave you'll hardly get any dead birds sent to your house.

All you people concerned about BronsonLee with authority should relax. He doesn't actually ban people, he mails them dead birds. Eventually storage will be an issue but if you behave you'll hardly get any dead birds sent to your house.
I am actually more concerned by that pistol hand that you are whipping at me. What did i do?

Im sure Bronson will provide much Leesure.

Rosejamie95

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you to all people created this forum i love it's really nice :) Can't wait talk to people about my favorite stuff like gaming and tv shows.

Oct 26, 2017
I would like to thank everyone that worked on discord and ofcourse the mods and admins in here too.
Never seen a better and smoother transition in a soo short time period.
Congratulations.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say it here, thanks to everyone that made this migration smooth, and for everyone who's gonna put in the work running this place. We all appreciate it! Hope we can all start crafting our own legacy here together!

Oct 26, 2017
behind your back
thank you so much for putting all this up and together nearly overnight. haven't seen something building up steam and excitement in such an impressive manner since the fidget spinner.

also thanks to everyone in the mod department who's sacrificing their precious time to help keeping the discussions running in a civilized manner.
and of course thanks to all the rats (like me) who left the stinking ship, trying to find a new home.
sniff.

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Hey everyone. Loving everything so far but I screwed the pooch on the name of my thread in the hangout forum. Can a mod help me edit it to read the following? Would be hugely appreciated!

RetroEra IOTI 40 years of Classic Backlog

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Still making my way through the all threads - just wanted to add to the appreciation bin..the mods, admin; you guys are great. Seeing quite a few familiars here also feels great..well done all!

Ana

⛧ Vampire ⛧
Oct 24, 2017
Hey everyone. Loving everything so far but I screwed the pooch on the name of my thread in the hangout forum. Can a mod help me edit it to read the following? Would be hugely appreciated!

RetroEra IOTI 40 years of Classic Backlog
Fixed for you!

Ursus007

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lausanne, Swizterland
I just got invited to this forum and I think it's suitable as a first post to say what a great work has been done by all of you to get this up and running and getting people on. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.