Welcome Your New Admins and Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Hello to all the new team here.

Some familiar names to me, some not but all appear to be amazingly dedicated to the community. Good luck to all the team and hopefully this can be a framework for success for a long time to come.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Thanks for all you've done.
Just saw the first examples of bans and I love how you clearly and visibly explain in the thread why a user is getting warned and/or banned.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all! Thanks for letting be part of the new community. I'm happy with being back with you all.

This forum is better by far than the previous one. The other one's UI looked outdated in many ways. The alerts of quoted messages are awesome and helpful.

I wonder why I'm a full member instead of junior when I couldn't register until it went open. Perhaps there's a bug, I don't know.

Congratulations to all admins and mods for this new era!! You all did a great job!!

Oct 28, 2017
I want to say the team made an amazing job setting up this new forum. I never expected such a smooth transition in such a short time. I feel at home already :)
So happy to see all the great content contributors here. Keep up the good work and the positive atmosphere.

Oct 29, 2017
Congrat' to all the people involved. Great crazy fast work! The forum is so smooth and fresh and with so many familiar people already in. I was, like many, "internet groggy" without a place like this to daily check after the fall. So thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for approving me and I understand that I do not have post privileges but I migrated from the "other" site so I thought because my account worth can be checked there too I would have thread posting ability. No worries about not doing but it would be nice.

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all! Thanks for letting be part of the new community. I'm happy with being back with you all.

This forum is better by far than the previous one. The other one's UI looked outdated in many ways. The alerts of quoted messages are awesome and helpful.

I wonder why I'm a full member instead of junior when I couldn't register until it went open. Perhaps there's a bug, I don't know.

Congratulations to all admins and mods for this new era!! You all did a great job!!
They got rid of the "junior" tag and just puts you to Member right away. But of course you still have restrictions of a junior.

AaronB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That red warning post, I like it. Always bugged me why users are banned
It's really a gamechanger. I reported someone this morning, and literally within seconds they had a huge red bar on their post with their warning. Makes navigating threads easier when you can skip the people that post unnecessarily egregious content when you see that bar at the top of their post. (or even click their name and ignore them)

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a quick and easy way to see which mods are on duty at any given time?

Just wondering who I should be directing PM's to for thread merger suggestion type stuff. Or should I just use 'Report' feature?

Oct 25, 2017
I like the red warning, the stated reason and the length of the ban. All good moves towards transparency instead of the cult-like moderation atmosphere of other places that shall remain nameless.

Oct 27, 2017
I like the red warning, the stated reason and the length of the ban. All good moves towards transparency instead of the cult-like moderation atmosphere of other places that shall remain nameless.
That's very thoughtful actually.

It'll have a nice secondary effect of keeping tons of people from derailing threads, guessing why and when people were banned.

sourbeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
aww here

Just wondering who I should be directing PM's to for thread merger suggestion type stuff. Or should I just use 'Report' feature?
Was looking for a master list kind of thing too. Usually boards have something like "the moderators/team" for reference in the footer space, or somewhere lowkey. I might have missed it though, seems like quite a few things have been added/changed recently.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017

Yes, you can use the "report" feature for that.

It's better than messaging individual mods, as everyone sees it and the first mod who is available can act on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.