Welcome Your New Admins and Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spladam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, you can use the "report" feature for that.

It's better than messaging individual mods, as everyone sees it and the first mod who is available can act on it.
Dumb question, where is this "report" feature? I've looked all over the interface for it, I have a thread request.

Never mind, I found it literally 2 seconds after this I posted this, thanks.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm not sure the best place to ask this, but maybe here will do.

I occasionally receive private messages on the old forum from members who missed the initial migration and do not have access to a paid email. They were not part of any community and are seeking asylum. I have kept my old account open for this singular and explicit reason and am trying to assist them in their application here.

For old members with no way inside, is there a particular moderator I could contact to help? I don't want to send any unsolicited messages to admins because I'm sure workload here is immense. But if there is a way to help these old members get in, I want to exhaust every option. Some have gotten in on their own accord, but others have very limited opportunities.

I have 2-3 contacts on the old site experimenting with different email options to little success. If there is anybody on the administration team who can help these people, or has advice for them, please let me know.

OP
OP
Cerium

Cerium

General Manager
Administrator
Oct 23, 2017
I'm not sure the best place to ask this, but maybe here will do.

I occasionally receive private messages on the old forum from members who missed the initial migration and do not have access to a paid email. They were not part of any community and are seeking asylum. I have kept my old account open for this singular and explicit reason and am trying to assist them in their application here.

For old members with no way inside, is there a particular moderator I could contact to help? I don't want to send any unsolicited messages to admins because I'm sure workload here is immense. But if there is a way to help these old members get in, I want to exhaust every option. Some have gotten in on their own accord, but others have very limited opportunities.

I have 2-3 contacts on the old site experimenting with different email options to little success. If there is anybody on the administration team who can help these people, or has advice for them, please let me know.
You can DM me details and I'll try to get to it when I can.

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just say, I love all of you guys?

I got banned from the old home as drama grew, but I am so fucking happy to be back with you guys again.

Thank you to everyone who set this up, everyone who contributed in any form, every user, and every moderator. RESETERA!!!

Oct 25, 2017
ekostories.com
In light of several controversial threads, I would just like to say thanks to the moderation team for their swift and proactive actions. Resetting does not entail forgetting, and redress must be made before dialogue can continue in good faith. Thank you very much.

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not too private, which mods are in Australia or Japan or a similar time zone? Would be good to know who to contact that would be awake and active in the region.

Oct 25, 2017
snesmusic.org
Alright it got changed (I wasn't sure if you were serious at first)
Would be good to know who to contact that would be awake and active in the region.
Reporting a post is the best way to reach mods (as a group) in any case as reports are visible to all mods all the same, so the currently active responsible mods can handle the requests without further fuss like having to know the timezones or forwarding messages to the correct person etc.

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where can you talk about a ban that you don't agree with?

User was suspended (24): Thread whining. You were warned about this already: https://www.resetera.com/posts/195261/ -- Stop.

A mod banned me "thread whining" for a second time. Then links to a post where I made an obvious joke with a Simpsons reference, I even added (this is a joke) later. And in second half of the post it becomes obvious I was joking.

The ban I got was for discussing wether or not we should have politics in every gaming topic, which got labelled as thread whining? I realise some mods are new, but I really hope this forum doesn't become a triggerfinger banning website on everything mods don't slightly like. That reminds me a lot of neogaf.

Nov 3, 2017
Hi everyone! My name is Todd Black, and I'm a Community Manager for various indie game companies! I was NeoTodd on NeoGaf, and I'm happy to be here on Resetra!

You can definitely expect to hear from me on various things in the forums, including just about everything Nintendo! And I hope to drop some indie game news as well!

Talk to you all soon!

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Yay! I finally made it here! The whole "other site" thing took place whilst I was on a flight from the UK to Mexico and I was puzzled to say the least that that site was down when I got checked into my hotel! There followed 2 weeks of checking in every evening to see what was happening and feeling like the Wii U outside in the rain! Finally thanks to a friendly admin, I made it over here! WooHoo!

Oct 25, 2017
I had a quick question. I looked in the FAQ, but I didn't see a location or e-mail where we could provide feedback if we felt there was an unnoticed issue on the forum that expanded beyond the context of one post.

I was curious if:

1.) We were supposed to post that feedback publicly here.
2.) I just missed a feedback e-mail address.
or 3.) There is intentionally no feedback location/e-mail address. It's fine if there isn't, but I was just wanted to know in that case so I wouldn't be looking for one.

Realeza

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know where else to ask this, but, will mods be allowed to do silly thread title changes mocking OPs like in the forgotten place?

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know where else to ask this, but, will mods be allowed to do silly thread title changes mocking OPs like in the forgotten place?
They obviously have the board privileges to do so but the admin position is that that practice is strongly discouraged. It cropped up about a week ago. There's a statement from admin somewhere if you want to go search for it

ZhugeEX

诸葛亮 - 卧龙
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I had a quick question. I looked in the FAQ, but I didn't see a location or e-mail where we could provide feedback if we felt there was an unnoticed issue on the forum that expanded beyond the context of one post.

I was curious if:

1.) We were supposed to post that feedback publicly here.
2.) I just missed a feedback e-mail address.
or 3.) There is intentionally no feedback location/e-mail address. It's fine if there isn't, but I was just wanted to know in that case so I wouldn't be looking for one.
Hi Nirolak,

Thanks for the question.

We have a few threads in the announcement section where general feedback can be posted publicly.
If you have a more specific issue that you'd like to talk about then please feel free to PM an Admin, such as myself, and we'll look into it.

Hope this helps.

No. We won't be doing that here.

Oct 25, 2017
Hi Nirolak,

Thanks for the question.

We have a few threads in the announcement section where general feedback can be posted publicly.
If you have a more specific issue that you'd like to talk about then please feel free to PM an Admin, such as myself, and we'll look into it.

Hope this helps.

No. We won't be doing that here.
Thanks. My main concern was that, while I totally understand that people are angry at and frustrated by microtransactions, and I have no issues with them yelling at companies, I feel some of the commentary around them has been dipping into the realm of insulting or vilifying those who purchase them, which seems like it’s a bit rude to a lot of ResetEra posters who definitely buy microtransaction type items judging by their posts in microtransaction threads or vanity item threads for games like Overwatch and Street Fighter, and just wanted to make sure people knew that discussion was heading that way.

I don’t expect a lot of microtransaction threads in the immediate future given we have another three months until earnings season starts up again, and most games releasing this year are now known quantities, but it will presumably start happening again early next year.

Hello ResetEra!
Just want to say thanks to all involved in setting this up and the whole community at large. Been a lurker since before the old place became its own thing - probably 17+ years. The great migration finally convinced me to pull the trigger =)

Thank you all and congrats on a wonderful job!

Oct 26, 2017
There seems to be a rather good amount of movement in the moderation team, both with people going in and out.

Are you guys going to comment on this?

Nov 14, 2017
New York
Hooray! I thought the community I'd grown to love over the past few years would be gone forever since I didn't know where everyone was congregating. It wasn't until yesterday when I finally listened to the Giant Beastcast episode where Alex mentioned ResetERA that I finally knew where to look.
I'm so glad to see all these familiar faces! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.