• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

We'll Meet Again Some Sunny Day: A Farewell

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
ResetEra Community,

I am writing this farewell letter with mixed emotions. It is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made. It has been a pleasure, an honor, and a privilege to serve as a community manager and administrator of this incredible community. Many of you are aware that ResetEra has never been a full-time position for me, but a volunteer one. Unfortunately, it has become difficult for me to put in the number of hours required for this position as new opportunities arise.

I want to thank each and every member of this community for your support for ResetEra, and for helping to make it thrive. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to be part of the ResetEra community. I have a lot of fond memories, and I am sad to say goodbye. Though I will no longer be part of the ResetEra staff, I am not leaving the ResetEra community. You still see me around as a member, thought not as an staff member, and likely posting gifs.

I leave with great confidence in the staff, for they are capable of overcoming any hurdles that will come up. It gives me a sense of peace and accomplishment to know that they will carry on the good work. I would like to thank the staff for their support and flexibility during my decision making process, and to my dear friends for the all support and wisdom they have provided me during this time.

As I go, I'd like to leave you all with a song:

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

Yours truly,
SweetNicole

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the work you've put into this place. Well, you'll still be around, I'm sure! Best of luck to all of your endeavors.

Oct 31, 2017
The title made me think you were leaving completely. I was going to be pretty bummed.

Anyway, still sad to see you go as a staff member. Best of luck in your future endeavours!.

Nov 8, 2017
UK
Thank you for all you've done and the times you've helped me directly. Appreciate how much of a timesink forum moderation and administration can be, I wish you all the best in the future opportunities you choose to pursue.

👍

Oct 25, 2017
While I haven't really interacted with you I saw you around often and felt like you did a great job so thank you for all the work you did and may you have a great future :) I'm glad you won't be leaving entirely!

Nov 2, 2017
While obviously I'm happy that you're still going to be around, it did mean the post was a bit funny for me.

"Nicole's leaving?! ...wait no she's not"

Thank you for being such a great part of the community and being a fair admin. Good luck with everything and hopefully well see ya post once in a while as a regular :P if not then still i want to wish you the very best!

Take care ❤

Ketkat

Heart & Mind
Oct 25, 2017
Best of luck with your new opportunities! You've done a ton of great work for both the community and for me personally, and I'll always be thankful for all the effort you put into this place for us!