• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017

Damn, that was some scary viewing. She later says she "overheated" in her costume and passed out from exhaustion, but it looks a bit worse than that to my (admittedly) untrained eyes.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that looked messed up. I hope she's ok. It really looked like a stroke.

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with you, deff looks worse than what she described as overheating.
She sounded off and I think she mispronounced guest right at that moment too? I might be wrong tho since I too have untrained eyes.
Wishingher well.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if you bungle speech like that from just passing out, but I'm hardly a doctor. I do hope she has the proper care to make sure nothing more serious is going on.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah saw this live. Just happened to turn around and see it Happen. Really scary. Looked like a small seizure or stroke tbh. At least she was able to finish the show today but she really needs to cancel tomorrow's and rest and get checked out.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes. Saw her the other day and thought she looked much thinner than I remember. Hope she's eating right.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Hope its nothing major.

I've had this happen late one night, exhaustion and I hadn't eaten in hours, it was only seconds but came back in a full panic - my speech was messed up and for a few seconds couldn't see. My wife was there and called the paramedics, by the time they came I was back to normal.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
She's OK, so I don't feel too bad for laughing at the memes. I'm just gonna wait here for someone to post the time Whitney Houston read her on her own show.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Too many hot takes

But the way her eyes bugged out and the moment of realization somethings wrong. Yikes.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
Syncope due to lack of blood pressure can effect speech in the moments after its occurrence. It's pretty common to be freaked out about fainting as most people who succumb to it rarely understand what is happening right before hand and often struggle against it.

I fainted in public once because I didn't realize what was happening and it cost me about 3 grand out of pocket because everyone called 911. Now when it happens I lie down for minute or two and it passes and it often is induced by the lack of eating.

She should be fine but it never hurts to get yourself checked out because you can never be sure.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Syncope due to lack of blood pressure can effect speech in the moments after its occurrence. It's pretty common to be freaked out about fainting as most people who succumb to it rarely understand what is happening right before hand and often struggle against it.

I fainted in public once because I didn't realize what was happening and it cost me about 3 grand out of pocket because everyone called 911. Now when it happens I lie down for minute or two and it passes and it often is induced by the lack of eating.

She should be fine but it never hurts to get yourself checked out because you can never be sure.
That's not right in any way at all.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

... America. Good lord.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
I've fainted a few times and yeah, if you try and fight it your words will get messed up. She'll be okay. Should get a check up to make sure it's not her heart, but otherwise no need to worry I'd say.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I

I have the same issues when I start lifting after a lengthy absence from the gym. Feel fine while lifting, then I feel a gradual nausea swelling up and lay down to prepare for the worst.

Then it hits me. For about 5-10 seconds, a wave of nausea comes over me, my vision goes blurry, and every sweat and saliva gland in my body operates at full capacity. And then it goes away.

It's like the engine overheating in excitebike

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
My wife's speech was all messed up for a short while after she fainted and hit her head. Obviously we took her to the hospital and got her all checked out all the same, but slurred speech post fainting can definitely happen.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was tough to watch... Kind of reminds me of that one guy that passed out and said goodbye just before he did. Couldn't stop laughing at that one, however.

"I'm passing out. I'm passing out. Goodbye..."

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that looked scary. You can see her know something is wrong but is completely powerless to do anything about it. Hopefully it is just overheated like she said.

OT, these embedded videos are so damn nice!! Love the site's features.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
That fright in her eyes right before she passes out completely is haunting. What did she see?

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looked scary, but it didn't look like a stroke either. It looked like she passed out, likely from some kind of low blood pressure for a short time. Slurred speech and awkward motor control are both associated with that kind of feinting.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I passed out once from low blood sugar. Luckily, it was at the doctors office when it happened. I remember trying to speak and sounding funny before I hit the deck. Hopefully, she gets some basic tests done to be safe though.