• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 18, 2017
What Tokyo Mirage Sessions was, wasn't bad. But I think it wasn't exactly what many people wanted or were expecting.
But since then, I've been curious as to what at Atlus take on a full Fire Emblem game would be.

I would also love to see a full Tales or Final Fantasy game, developed by Falcom. It would also be a good idea in my book to let them develop a new Suikoden game.
I think that Falcom would have a super interesting take on the Tales series.

I also still want another Super Mario RPG. Or even any major Nintendo x Square crossover.
Or just give the Paper Mario series to Square at this point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What Tokyo Mirage Sessions was, wasn't bad. But I think it wasn't exactly what many people wanted or were expecting.
But since then, I've been curious as to what at Atlus take on a full Fire Emblem game would be.

I would also love to see a full Tales of Final Fantasy game, developed by Falcom. It would also be a good idea in my book to let them develop a new Suikoden game.
I think that Falcom would have a super interesting take on the Tales series.

I also still want another Super Mario RPG. Or even any major Nintendo x Square crossover.
Or just give the Paper Mario series to Square at this point.

monolith remaking xenogears

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Motomu Toriyama (Square Enix, FFXIII) on a Legend of Heroes game.

Not even NISA getting Cold Steel 3 could top the meltdowns.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love the DQ team to make the next mainline FF, but there's really nothing in it for them, so it'll never happen.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Motomu Toriyama (Square Enix, FFXIII) on a Legend of Heroes game.

Not even NISA getting Cold Steel 3 could top the meltdowns.
bleh, I like FFXIII more than CSI and II, so why not? Better yet, just let SE handle the whole thing. I sure want to have good art direction in a Trails game for once.
Level 5 doing Pokemon.
That's literally what Youkai Watch is all about.

So two or three different Final Fantasy 1 remakes with less content than the original.
and it will be sub-30 fps.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Kojima's craziness seems like it might not be entirely incompatible with Kingdom Heart's

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Level 5 doing Pokemon (yes I know they have Yokai already).

Persona team doing a new Tales.

Nomura and Ni no Kuni because why not.

OP
OP
MusclesAreGirly
Dec 18, 2017
I'd love the DQ team to make the next mainline FF, but there's really nothing in it for them, so it'll never happen.
It would be nice in that it would finally bring back High(traditional?) Fantasy to Final Fantasy. And bring Square and Enix together in ways they've sadly never been before.

Finally Square Enix would actually feel like Square Enix is the two giants, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest were brought together somehow, in some capacity other than FFXIV minions.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
Can Square outsourced a mainline Final Fantasy to Sakaguchi-san and his Mistwalker team?