• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 2, 2019
For a while now, i've been streaming on Twitch and i prefer to use real hardware instead of emulators, to the poing of going through the hassle to use a CFW to stream my 3DS' screens to my PC instead of using Citra.

8wHwIsTPMseYhkqgRWBrVoOla8GPNFgrHebFE6Rvzq3TFoJUy8Q61EkgKg9xZFn6DmFKJ9L1fecDQoqsU4SJaGVBxCdZWiHnvNrNt1-l6iVZJ5ENJnM7Bh6IiMYsw_GXaLSbAf1-d_7r7qY0D6NleBAYCM4-DNhAhWwYd9Js1g8t-W4wAsdW-_3w63MZy_fXk9zwTVBdEUSdfQeaNz2Ho1jCmJJqwHZpHxJ8PSDbxC8MtP14I9-nI5OzT7ZdnOkTG5rjGkhAVCQE6fAeC-YiHC1Gb05t1BXPuAq0NSWfG_T17VKQHj6f-K6_hIXquWTnWs3hFJCK91NNpq_MQ6hT0v9PGNQRu8gA8KS0-KeIAnazoU_EbOG60AogiY45iO99E4lLe-8esal6CL9k0CWSednMJURhMnQCSebEAi6pZBNE4_V0_kGEgBRAR0xcfWMPHFNxZJfxhNDD6rV8wzWfV2oz2nqpSM4Rdyq9ryxwcrcRHZ-xI8bXllnWmzXlPpGVz3KrY66P9ZUYEpHjbzfRv6WFoRLxRkec82ByQYvoQ7ex-TMZ7NJC3tdPjkEWiImx3MaPebFyVnRe_izYIKzEuzC6HVLo0u_ZTUQZ1OmEuJY_DIZUOY0cL5C_kYRVG8szeY9zOnjO2_7I2ndFQdFRn32N_jQg8QjvKVJwRggQnwb2_-FcZkGbQdA=w1920-h924-no

Lately, i have been looking into streaming my PSP games just for fun, i CFW'd when i got it and supposed that, just like on the 3DS, there would be a solution to stream the handheld's video feed to my PC, and indeed there is, but turns out that the USB drivers for the console were never signed for Windows 10 and honestly, i don't feel too confident on having my PC to allow unsigned drivers.

Did the developer ever manage to sign the drivers? Would using a Windows 7 VM so the trick? (It would be a hassle, but if i have no issue using NTR to stream my 3DS, i wouldn't mind doing this for my PSP)

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Is it 2k or 3k psp?
Theres a video cable that uses the headphone jack to send to rca

OP
OP
Reinhardt Schneider
Jun 2, 2019
Is it 2k or 3k psp?
Theres a video cable that uses the headphone jack to send to rca

3K. I ordered said cable yesterday (It will supposedly arrive on monday. I swear Amazon can be really excessive) but i don't have a capture card (The cable is for my own, personal use with a Retrotink)

As of now, a capture card is financialy out of my reach, so i was looking for alternative solutions.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know, when I used them back in the end of the PSP days they were never signed, and like most handheld/console homebrew, I doubt it really was went back to, so I'd bet they're still unsigned. I dunno if a VM would work, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
The PSP video-out cable doesn't support fullscreen for PSP games though (or rather, it outputs at PSPs native resolution), only PS1 iirc.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Make a Windows 7 VM and install Remote Joy there. Connect the PSP and enable USB passthrough on the VM. Then stream the virtual machine from your real Windows 10 OS

OP
OP
Reinhardt Schneider
Jun 2, 2019
VM or installing W7 in another partition/ssd/hdd/external device
Make a Windows 7 VM and install Remote Joy there. Connect the PSP and enable USB passthrough on the VM. Then stream the virtual machine from your real Windows 10 OS

After doing a bit more of research, yeah, seems to be what i need to do. Well, i wanted to install a VM for some games that don't sit well on W10 i'll have to go with that

The PSP video-out cable doesn't support fullscreen for PSP games though (or rather, it outputs at PSPs native resolution), only PS1 iirc.

Seems to be the case. I'll let my TV handle the scaling then.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
i wanted to install a VM for some games that don't sit well on W10 i'll have to go with that
You should drop that idea because any games that are even sightly complex won't work on a VM unless you have 2 GPUs and are willing to do a super complicated GPU passthrough mess

Basically anything that requires GPU acceleration won't work.

OP
OP
Reinhardt Schneider
Jun 2, 2019
You should drop that idea because any games that are even sightly complex won't work on a VM unless you have 2 GPUs and are willing to do a super complicated GPU passthrough mess

Basically anything that requires GPU acceleration won't work.

Oh no, they are some old Dynamic multimedia games that run decently on Windws 7 but require an excessive amount of tinkering on Windows 10. Nothing really complicated.