• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

You're saying the guy from The Mandalorian made movies ? šŸ˜œ

Idk why you think it's funny. It's just true that those franchises are way more popular and part of pop culture than wrestling is. Doesn't really matter if it's not your personal preference.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My favorite part of this interview was asking if he felt any pressure working with Jon farvaru.

you're talking about a man who worked with Klaus kinski for years, who's been threaten with guns On set, who dragged a cruiser through a jungle, who jumped on a cactus to inspire his crew, who got shot and kept the interview going, who actually ate maggots on set to get actors into character, etc

yeah bro Im sure he was real star struck meeting the director of iron man 2 and chef
For real. Who gives a shit about seeing Star Wars or Iron Man when you've been through that.

Oct 27, 2017
I got a notification that my post was quoted in this post but now I'm just confused

lol that would be reseteras terrible horrible annoying draft saving system in which an unfinished or otherwise unintended to be posted response is saved permanently if you leave the thread without deleting it, and thus upon returning to the thread and beginning another response the aforementioned draft is silently placed above the new quote, hiding it from the preview window so you post it on accident and then have to ninja delete it but it's too late to stop the notification being sent. You're welcome.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
lol that would be reseteras terrible horrible annoying draft saving system in which an unfinished or otherwise unintended to be posted response is saved permanently if you leave the thread without deleting it, and thus upon returning to the thread and beginning another response the aforementioned draft is silently placed above the new quote, hiding it from the preview window so you post it on accident and then have to ninja delete it but it's too late to stop the notification being sent. You're welcome.
it's ok, I accidentally quote people too sometimes. np

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
who the fuck asked herzog if he felt pressure working with favreau because he made lion king. jesus.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't seen any of his movies. Which one should I start with?

Aguirre, the wrath of God
Fitzcarraldo

My favorite part of this interview was asking if he felt any pressure working with Jon farvaru.

you're talking about a man who worked with Klaus kinski for years, who's been threaten with guns On set, who dragged a cruiser through a jungle, who jumped on a cactus to inspire his crew, who got shot and kept the interview going, who actually ate maggots on set to get actors into character, etc

yeah bro Im sure he was real star struck meeting the director of iron man 2 and chef

Seriously, that answer "What other movies has he made?" was perfect lol

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Sorry to be a bit blunt, but the title of this thread is wrong and I'm baffled at why this kind of thing happens. Like, after spending one minute reading the excerpt, it's so easy to get the wording right and not mischaracterise someone for the benefit of a few extra clicks.

I know it sounds a lot juicier to hear the Herzog 'likes' Wrestlemania and the Kardashians, but literally nowhere in that article does he say that. "As vulgar as they may be, it doesn't matter that much, but you have to find some sort of orientation. As I always say, the poet must not close his eyes, must not avert them." Does this sound at all like a man who likes this content? He's patently not into either of the shows, and tunes in purely to get a grasp on what the majority are consuming.

It feels super pedantic to be saying this and it's not super important in this case, but it's important in general and it's not difficult to get right.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't exactly say he likes Wresting or the the Kardashians show. Seems to me to be more of a curiosity about current audience tastes. And yeah that first question is hilarious.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to be a bit blunt, but the title of this thread is wrong and I'm baffled at why this kind of thing happens. Like, after spending one minute reading the excerpt, it's so easy to get the wording right and not mischaracterise someone for the benefit of a few extra clicks.

I know it sounds a lot juicier to hear the Herzog 'likes' Wrestlemania and the Kardashians, but literally nowhere in that article does he say that. "As vulgar as they may be, it doesn't matter that much, but you have to find some sort of orientation. As I always say, the poet must not close his eyes, must not avert them." Does this sound at all like a man who likes this content? He's patently not into either of the shows, and tunes in purely to get a grasp on what the majority are consuming.

It feels super pedantic to be saying this and it's not super important in this case, but it's important in general and it's not difficult to get right.
It's also an empty OP, and low effort threads are a plague here. Basically "here's a quote and a link. I have nothing to say about it. Now discuss."

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread but needed an excuse to post this gif of one of the greatest ending shots in cinematic history.

tumblr_n01ftp6xI91qbijoro2_400.gifv

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
He has said that he watches WrestleMania since a decade or so. There's no way he doesn't like it at least somewhat, and there's really no problem with that.

Anyway, being from Germany, Werner Herzog is easily the best living German. Such a great dude.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Why would Herzog feel pressure working with Favaru? Would a dumb fucking question.