• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Finally watching my Flinstones DVDs. Fun to see how the show hit the ground running, I still remember all those first season episodes. It was weird to see that lost pilot though, with how strange Fred sounds and Betty looks while the rest - aside from animation - is kinda classic Flinstones.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wow I'd completely forgotten that Tangled had songs in it. For a time I'd assumed Disney movies would never have songs in them.

Also Pascal can be VICIOUS.

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost half way thru.
It got me to watch the original movie and...why are the eyes so big? Lol
Not a big issue but i was rather weirded out about it
Because Glen Keane.
BTaaytL.jpg

He drew Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid (among other things), and was in charge of the designs for Tangled, and big eyes are a part of his art style.

Also note, Disney liked his version of Rapunzel so much that Elsa and Anna from Frozen are basically borrowing his Rapunzel design. The Frozen artists wanted to do something different, but nope, not allowed. Glen Keane's Rapunzel is the new gold standard for Disney Princesses. Moana managed to squeeze in a few adjustments. The men of Disney are allowed to look different, because nobody cares about what dudes look like.

Only Tangled character with a confirmed body count
Gothel was already half-dead (as a result of Eugene cutting her off from the source of magic that kept her alive) when Pascal tripped her, and the fall didn't kill her, she was dead before she hit the ground.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Gothel was already half-dead (as a result of Eugene cutting her off from the source of magic that kept her alive) when Pascal tripped her, and the fall didn't kill her, she was dead before she hit the ground.
...Is what Pascal told the cops

But seriously, interesting stuff about the character designs. By the way, have you been watching the Tangled show?

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
...Is what Pascal told the cops

But seriously, interesting stuff about the character designs. By the way, have you been watching the Tangled show?
Yeah, I'm a bit more than halfway through the first season. I was initially hesitant because I didn't think any "Tangled: The Series" could hold up to the original movie, but this show is legitimately very good.

I love how many great cartoons are available nowadays. I'm so far behind on watching things. It's a nice problem to have.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

why is this the first time I'm hearing about this show?
I guess DXD will still be getting new premieres despite some shows jumping ship

EDIT: found an article, seems like it's just a TV movie and not a series, though there will be comics and shorts
http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/16/marvel-rising-new-generation-female-fans/

So this trailer is for the shorts (Initiation) that will premiere on DXD, but the movie (Secret Warriors) will air on The Disney Channel? Am I reading that right?

EDIT:
tumblr_p5youaoEmn1rw6hzpo1_1280.jpg

EDIT: oh cool there's already a thread on this
https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-rising-initiation-aug-13th-on-disney-xd-trailer.55784/

Last edited:

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Been meaning to read the Over the Garden Wall comics for a while.

Mostly I'm putting that off so I can grab an Over the Garden wall Blu-Ray immediately if God ever listens to my prayers and releases one. lol

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Catching up on Trollhunters and in Season 2, and I like that Steve is becoming less of a jerk. Also Mark Hamill voices a character heh.
So far it is OK and safe good fun.
Gonna try and binge through it and finish it.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here been following the news about Butch Hartman's Oaxis project? Seems like there's a rumor going around on YouTube that Hartman hid the fact that it was intended as a Christian entertainment project.

I've never heard of any of the YouTubers talking about it, and one of the few other sites talking about it is one that most people on Era find objectionable, but there is footage of Butch Hartman talking about his aims with the network at a fundraiser, and it invokes Christianity a lot. And he apparently takes issue with the existence of platforms that make stuff for both children and adults.

Spoilered just in case.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here been following the news about Butch Hartman's Oaxis project? Seems like there's a rumor going around on YouTube that Hartman hid the fact that it was intended as a Christian entertainment project.

I've never heard of any of the YouTubers talking about it, and one of the few other sites talking about it is one that most people on Era find objectionable, but there is footage of Butch Hartman talking about his aims with the network at a fundraiser, and it invokes Christianity a lot. And he apparently takes issue with the existence of platforms that make stuff for both children and adults.

Spoilered just in case.

I was just thinking about making a thread about it but someone else should since I'm busy atm.

Watch this video for more info.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust that thumbnail at all.
Personally, I'd wait until someone more... not that, picks up on it.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thumbnail doesn't reflect the actual video content. It's more like the uploader was feeling self-aware, and he's like "Hey, so I guess I'm attacking Butch Hartman now. I better draw the angry thumbnail..."

The gist of it seems to be, Butch Hartman has always been a somewhat-obvious Christian, but his popular cartoons aren't exactly Christian, they're open and inviting for anyone to enjoy.

And then he retired from Nickelodeon and... he's starting up some sort of vaguely defined family friendly streaming service? And he took $250,000 worth of Kickstarter money on the basis of "Hey guys, it's me, Butch Hartman. You know I'm good for it."

And then, after the Kickstarter, while speaking to some Christian investors, he seems to have said "Oh by the way, by 'family friendly', I meant 'Christian'." Because while he could easily start up his own Christian streaming service, he can reach more little kids brains and spread the Christian message more effectively and insidiously by not identifying it as Christian.

Also, he thinks that in the good old MAGA days, kids didn't experience depression or commit suicide (Hartman clearly doesn't realize how much shit got hidden back in the MAGA days).

Oct 25, 2017

That was one of the reasons I was hesitant to post this. It doesn't appear that any news site has picked up this story, and that video was the way I first heard about it.

It's a shame that no one cares to pick this story up, because the video footage is pretty damning.

Oct 28, 2017
So are web animations also welcome here? Cause I came across this and thought it was amazing.

On another note, is Fin Punch (Personas Ceteceas, sp?) still going? Is the English dub still going?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
So are web animations also welcome here? Cause I came across this and thought it was amazing.

On another note, is Fin Punch (Personas Ceteceas, sp?) still going? Is the English dub still going?

Yes, anything Western animation related is more than welcome in this thread. From a single guy making a YouTube video to the biggest of productions.
Related to the video, it was charming thanks for sharing!

Village

Oct 25, 2017
the tmnt cartoon looks fire

That was one of the reasons I was hesitant to post this. It doesn't appear that any news site has picked up this story, and that video was the way I first heard about it.

It's a shame that no one cares to pick this story up, because the video footage is pretty damning.

its weird, guess not enough people not people pay attention to kickstarter scams that arent game related

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just checking but Rise of TMNT is gonna be 10 minutes for each episode right?

EDIT: 80s cartoons always had epic intros, even if some shows were subpar they knew how to draw you in with their intros

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What cartoons from the 80s and 90s do you feel have aged well? While I'd say 'aged well' is a pretty vague term to use here, but see what you can think up :P

Oct 28, 2017
What cartoons from the 80s and 90s do you feel have aged well? While I'd say 'aged well' is a pretty vague term to use here, but see what you can think up :P
Definitely Animals of Farthing Wood, especially the writing (sans Series 3). I feel like series 1's animation quality is the most aged aspect of it -- there's a shit ton of reused shots in a lot episodes.

It just about borders Watership Down's level of violence and death of main characters (probably beats it in body count, lol), so maybe that too?

I think Insektors aged quite well for an really early CG show. Some...racist portrayals probably date the UK dub I grew up with (there were 2 English dubs; the UK one was more along the lines of Samurai Pizza Cats).

I know almost squat all about 80s cartoons.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
oh shit infinity train clip

should i make a thread?