• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that cast listing is stacked as hell. Shame I'm not really interested in the film, but props to GKids for going all out in the wild and wackiness with the dub.

On a completely unrelated note, Hilda is coming out to Netflix in like 2 days. Anyone planning to check it out? I personally really like the character designs but I know nothing of the characters and story aside from that.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Cool cast, but unfortunately didn't hear a lot of good stuff about the film itself when it screened on Annecy last year.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that cast listing is stacked as hell. Shame I'm not really interested in the film, but props to GKids for going all out in the wild and wackiness with the dub.

On a completely unrelated note, Hilda is coming out to Netflix in like 2 days. Anyone planning to check it out? I personally really like the character designs but I know nothing of the characters and story aside from that.
2 days?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
In lieu of Bravest Warriors returning on Friday with Season 5, VRV has made Seasons 1-4 free to view for everyone, no need to sign up for an account. I vaguely remember what happened in Season 3 and didn't even get to watch Season 4 so I'm bingeing it right now from the beginning:

https://vrv.co/series/GYP8VJJQY/Bravest-Warriors

might... not be available for those outside the US though :(

Also, am I to understand that the show has been airing on Teletoon? When did that happen?

EDIT: oh

tumblr_pehwnaV7Mz1r59fvyo1_540.jpg

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

So, Space Chickens in Space looks... interesting. It's a collaboration between Australian, British, Irish, and Mexican production companies and acquired by Disney.

Oct 28, 2017
Totally slipped my mind to post about this here til now. :P

So Thunderbean Animation has been restoring and releasing old cartoon shorts, and Gulliver's Travels, on Blu-Ray for the past few years from the best 35/16mm film prints/masters they can get ahold of.

Steve Stanchfield (the person mainly responsible for them) has a few shorts and trailers uploaded on his channel;

In lieu of Bravest Warriors returning on Friday with Season 5, VRV has made Seasons 1-4 free to view for everyone, no need to sign up for an account. I vaguely remember what happened in Season 3 and didn't even get to watch Season 4 so I'm bingeing it right now from the beginning:

https://vrv.co/series/GYP8VJJQY/Bravest-Warriors

might... not be available for those outside the US though :(
IgMyx.gif

Last edited:

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Towards the Hilda trailer, I'll say what I said in the other thread: I really liked it. Looking forward to Hilda, even though I know nothing of the source material.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
it saddens me that no one here is talking about the lion guard.

yes it's disney jr and yeah the show had a rocky start (return of the roar was a mediocre/bad glorified tv pilot) but with the end of season 2 drawing near the show has improved with the animation / designs and the show gradually adds to the lore of the franchise.

Plus, based on what i've read season 3 might be the last one but that it will tie in with the rest of the franchise (the first two movies) in a 'satisfying' way according to ford riley.

the show isn't great but its not bad either. The main flaw is that it introduces too many new characters.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
it saddens me that no one here is talking about the lion guard.

yes it's disney jr and yeah the show had a rocky start (return of the roar was a mediocre/bad glorified tv pilot) but with the end of season 2 drawing near the show has improved with the animation / designs and the show gradually adds to the lore of the franchise.

Plus, based on what i've read season 3 might be the last one but that it will tie in with the rest of the franchise (the first two movies) in a 'satisfying' way according to ford riley.

the show isn't great but its not bad either. The main flaw is that it introduces too many new characters.
I was looking forward to it, but I won't lie, hearing that they decided to make the lead into Kiara's older brother just baffled the hell out of me.
Good to hear it got better after the pilot. Any recommended episodes?

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
I was looking forward to it, but I won't lie, hearing that they decided to make the lead into Kiara's older brother just baffled the hell out of me.
Good to hear it got better after the pilot. Any recommended episodes?

*younger brother

yeah, it breaks a bit of continuity but according to people who have worked on season 3 a lot of things will fall into place. the show takes place in between the time gap of tlk2.

episodes i'd recommend

-Anything with Jasiri in it. Easily the best new character of the show.

-Never roar again

-A few episodes I can't remember the name of

Most of the episodes are at least decent. The only episodes to avoid are The Lost Gorillas and the christmas episode. The christmas episode isn't terrible in execution but it was a horrible idea. Thankfully it has nothing to do with the s2 story arc.

Early on there are fart jokes but they tone those down and if you hate Bunga don't worry....everyone hates him and they do tone him down gradually.

Puruzi

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Jesus christ Rise of the TMNT is easily the best looking cartoon airing right now and i'd even say the best looking in a long time too. Damn it's good.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
So One Small Step is a film by a bunch of ex-Disney animators, and it just came out. I think it's pretty good. Though I may be biased given my avatar, haha. It's in the vimeo link below since I can't embed it.
size300_taiko_eventpage.jpg

https://vimeo.com/255698341

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ Rise of the TMNT is easily the best looking cartoon airing right now and i'd even say the best looking in a long time too. Damn it's good.
I loved TMNT2012 a lot but Rise is already leaps and bounds funnier than it was. The fight scenes are some of the best I've seen in an animated series since Spectacular Spider-Man.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
So One Small Step is a film by a bunch of ex-Disney animators, and it just came out. I think it's pretty good. Though I may be biased given my avatar, haha. It's in the vimeo link below since I can't embed it.
size300_taiko_eventpage.jpg

https://vimeo.com/255698341
The link says it was uploaded seven months ago. Was it only made public recently?

That was well animated, but I feel having the father die was a cheap way to make the viewer sad. Plus I'm not sure what we're supposed to get out of the woman becoming more encouraged to follow her dream after he died than when he was there supporting her.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
The link says it was uploaded seven months ago. Was it only made public recently?

That was well animated, but I feel having the father die was a cheap way to make the viewer sad. Plus I'm not sure what we're supposed to get out of the woman becoming more encouraged to follow her dream after he died than when he was there supporting her.
It got uploaded this morning, far as I can tell. Don't know why it says 7 months ago, must be a bug.

I liked it but I can see where your complaints come from. I think it took her a while to realize all that her dad did for her, hence why finding the shoes was kinda the inflection point.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's an official release for the Hilda soundtrack or if there will be?

There's some great atmospheric stuff in here.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So... Big Mouth Season 2.

Man... I thought last season pushed boundaries. God damn... Jesus Christ.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
So... Big Mouth Season 2.

Man... I thought last season pushed boundaries. God damn... Jesus Christ.
I wonder what would happen if you showed the last few minutes of episode 9 to a "One Million Moms" evangelical. I can't foresee there not being some type of explosion.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really looking forward to Hazbin Hotel but haven't been watching anything else but the teaser on purpose. Want to wait to judge it when it comes out, mostly.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Watched Vermin on Blackpills with my brother the other day. We laughed a lot, the voices for the original French dub are very good, and there's even some decent character development.

I also really enjoyed the 'plot twist' towards the end of the series.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems Like Gumball is ending

It's been considered to be "essentially ending" for a while now, but with the door open for Cartoon Network to run a zombie in its place without the original creator. Almost kinda amazed CN's letting it go without pulling a Spongebob, considering its popularity. Or at least, all signs point to that being the case so far.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all can swing by the Gumball OT when the time comes to dive in. Thread's mostly just me announcing upcoming new episodes, but that's more activity than it got in the old place.

On a side note, do we really not have a Craig of the Creek OT? I've been meaning to gush about that Del the Funky Homosapien guest appearance.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

I got to finally watch The Big Bad Fox (and other tales) today as it finally came out in the UK. I'm posting the English Trailer as it was given an English Dub, so I don't know how it stacks up to the originally french version. But the dub seems good for the most part, the voices match up with the lip syncing as well (With maybe the exception of the Stork in the first story for some of the scenes). If someone has seen both, do give comparisons.

A lot of fun this was, I would say there is more for the adults to enjoy here joke wise (Surprising number of jokes about Decapitation and there's a character that doesn't mind at all being eaten, it still very funny though) Animation is still solid. You can tell it was TV Specials that were stitched together into a film, but the play interludes are cute. I think I prefer Ernest and Celestine more, mainly because the one long big story compared to the three short stories works better. Still, track this down if you can.

I don't know how much this was advertised and how long the run is though. Only one cinema in my area was playing it, one showing in the morning... and I was the only one in the cinema. At least it was quiet and let me focus on the film I guess.

Does anyone know if this is available digitally anywhere?

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I loved TMNT2012 a lot but Rise is already leaps and bounds funnier than it was. The fight scenes are some of the best I've seen in an animated series since Spectacular Spider-Man.

That's a big claim there pal. Its been 10 years since Spectacular Spider-Man....even better than Korra and Voltron? Young Justice? I only watched the forst episode, so I guess they onky get better from there.

I definitely enjoyed this style of humor. Definitely my speed.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
On a recent flight back home I got to watch Ratatouille on the flight and it is still one of my fav. Disney movies. I find it hilarious that it has alcohol in it with Linguini getting drunk XD

One line that really stands out to me is when the critic asks how the restaurant became popular again. Just the delivery of the word 'popular?!' does it for me.