• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Infinity Train is confirmed to be a 10-episode miniseries, a la Over the Garden Wall.

While I'm disappointed this won't be an ongoing show, I'm glad that we're getting something that the creators' wanted rather than stretching it out unnaturally.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Train is confirmed to be a 10-episode miniseries, a la Over the Garden Wall.

While I'm disappointed this won't be an ongoing show, I'm glad that we're getting something that the creators' wanted rather than stretching it out unnaturally.

A miniseries probably works better for this sort of story. The weird part was always that we didn't actually know which it would be for so long.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish they were open about it being a miniseries from the start.

The way it was announced/advertised indicated it was a full series.

Glad to see more miniseries in the vain of OtGL though.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

It's like they were given carte blanche on the amount of absurdity they can pull off and went all in.

I can't wrap my head around people who don't like these Mickey shorts. They're literally the only time I've laughed and enjoyed stuff starring just Mickey and/or Minnie. They feel much more like characters in these as opposed to just blank corporate mascots.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Tweet thread from a woman in the animation industry (Kelly Turnbull of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things fame) talking about her experiences in reaction to Tuca and Bertie not being renewed. Including one time a guy explaining a storyboard reached a joke about a Force handjob and paused for her to laugh. She didn't, so he proceeded to explain in great detail what the Force is, assuming she didn't know, and why it was funny to use the Force to give a handjob. Then complained this is why he doesn't like talking about his show with women. And there's also the expected "you didn't get this job because we keep women away from this known sexual harasser you would have been working with".

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
For those who watched Tuca and Bertie, do you recommend it? The trailers didn't quite sold me on the series, but knowing that it's one of the few cartoons created by a woman and with a heavy emphasis on political matters really grabbed my attention

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For those who watched Tuca and Bertie, do you recommend it? The trailers didn't quite sold me on the series, but knowing that it's one of the few cartoons created by a woman and with a heavy emphasis on political matters really grabbed my attention

Very high recommendation on Tuca and Bertie, it's upbeat, weird, hilarious but at times touching. And the wild animation styles alone make it worth a watch.

Episode 4, the Sex Bugs, being a particular highlight for me.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I can't wrap my head around people who don't like these Mickey shorts. They're literally the only time I've laughed and enjoyed stuff starring just Mickey and/or Minnie. They feel much more like characters in these as opposed to just blank corporate mascots.
I think that's the thing, the complaints against the show are basically "Not my Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Goofy/etc" that and "It's like some edgy Cartoon Network crap" which is just bonkers to me. It's like how you'd see 4Kids defenders.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if there's going to be an Infinity Train |OT| when the show officially premieres next next Monday, but the full schedule is out now so here's the list of episodes slated to air that week along with episode descriptions (spoiler-ed, naturally):

Monday
The Grid Car

Tulip, a headstrong 13-year-old girl, finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.
The Beach Car
Tulip strikes a deal with a cat in an attempt to get home, but is the price worth it?

Tuesday
The Corgi Car

Tulip and One-One explore a car full of Corgis and face off against a mysterious monster.
The Crystal Car
Tulip, Atticus and One-One enter a crystal forest car and have to take part in a musical ritual.

Wednesday
The Cat's Car

Tulip has to face her past.
The Unfinished Car
The gang enters an unfinished train car and tries to fix it.

Thursday
The Chrome Car

The gang meets a familiar face in a mirrored car.
The Ball Pit Car
The gang is confronted by a strange new force on a Ball Pit Car adventure.

Friday
The Past Car

Tulip takes a risk trusting an old foe.
The Engine
Tulip makes it to the front of the train and is faced with a choice.

Cartoon Network is also going to rerun every aired episode on Friday night right before the final two starting at 5:30PM ET/PT, so you can binge it all in one day if you're willing to wait until then.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twelve Forever has a lot of baggage to overcome. the creator is toxic and has been dumped, the production studio shuttered, and Netflix doesn't have much faith in the series and what faith that is there is tainted due to the creator.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I didn't think I'd see a cartoon for children mention menstrual cramps.

Also, the Villain in Twelve Forever being
The living manifestation of a bunch of puberty books
is... interesting. It certainly explains the design.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Twelve Forever has a lot of baggage to overcome. the creator is toxic and has been dumped, the production studio shuttered, and Netflix doesn't have much faith in the series and what faith that is there is tainted due to the creator.

I actually didn't realize that this production had a ton of baggage. Sheesh!

Shame, as I'm up to episode 20, and it's pretty good so far.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Very high recommendation on Tuca and Bertie, it's upbeat, weird, hilarious but at times touching. And the wild animation styles alone make it worth a watch.

Episode 4, the Sex Bugs, being a particular highlight for me.

I finally got around watching the first episode, and while i still don't know exactly how to feel about the series (tuca seems to be a character that can get a little annoying in future episodes), the show is really unique in it's presentation, i loved how vibrating everything is, specially the soundtrack.

Edit: just finished Ep 3, after being mixed on the series i think this episode finally sold me on it, i love the editing and surrealism of this show so much.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only 14 episodes into Twelve Forever and it absolutely deserves a second season (unless the season finale is so complete that it works as a series finale, but I haven't gotten that far).

The show is a lot of fun nonsense, but that nonsense is framed as allowing the characters to deal with emotional issues in really abstract ways. There's a lot of topics I didn't expect them to address.

It also has the added bonus of having LGBTQ+ representation. There's a male/male relationship that's pretty adorable.

Also, does the design/voice of Butt Witch (no, really) remind anyone of Him from the Powerpuff Girls?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm only 14 episodes into Twelve Forever and it absolutely deserves a second season (unless the season finale is so complete that it works as a series finale, but I haven't gotten that far).

The show is a lot of fun nonsense, but that nonsense is framed as allowing the characters to deal with emotional issues in really abstract ways. There's a lot of topics I didn't expect them to address.

It also has the added bonus of having LGBTQ+ representation. There's a male/male relationship that's pretty adorable.

Also, does the design/voice of Butt Witch (no, really) remind anyone of Him from the Powerpuff Girls?

That was the first thing I thought of when Butt Witch (he sounds like Matt Berry, come to think of it) first appeared, but less drag queen and more malicious viper.

And I finished watching the series, and the two episodes that spoken to me were when the gang were preparing to go to a school dance (and how it ended on a major downer with Reggie kind of screwing it up for everyone), and the episode where it brings up Reggie's father and how it explains the subject matter of a parent, who unconditionally loves his child, doesn't want the responsibility (and that hurt me on a deep, emotional level).

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so aside from the new season of she-ra on netflix there is also a new season of Miraculous Ladybug

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Is ladybug worth watching? My young sister loves the show (her birthday party was even themed after the series) but from the few episodes I've sawed the show seemed to be cliche and unfunny (this may be fault of the Brazilian dub).

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Is ladybug worth watching? My young sister loves the show (her birthday party was even themed after the series) but from the few episodes I've sawed the show seemed to be cliche and unfunny (this may be fault of the Brazilian dub).
So this is hard to answer.

On one hand the show is decently cliche, and mostly monster of the week.

On the other hand it actually does a good job about building a large cast, and despite not typically being a fan of love triangles I enjoy the triangle in Ladybug.

It's slowly building up the world in general, but it doesn't move the main plot as much as I would like. It's obvious it's popularity has resaulted in them planning to have like 6 seasons for it (6 real seasons not netflix seasons which these episodes today say season 4 but it's actually the first half of season 3)

But overall I enjoy most of the cast, and I like how corny cat noir is :P

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
So this is hard to answer.

On one hand the show is decently cliche, and mostly monster of the week.

On the other hand it actually does a good job about building a large cast, and despite not typically being a fan of love triangles I enjoy the triangle in Ladybug.

It's slowly building up the world in general, but it doesn't move the main plot as much as I would like. It's obvious it's popularity has resaulted in them planning to have like 6 seasons for it (6 real seasons not netflix seasons which these episodes today say season 4 but it's actually the first half of season 3)

But overall I enjoy most of the cast, and I like how corny cat noir is :P
I think watching some random episodes of season 2? (It's the one with the bee lady) didn't do the series any favor lol. I will give the show a shot, I'm sure watching from the beginning will make me enjoy the series a lot more. But i have to say, from the little i saw the art style and character design seems really good.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I think watching some random episodes of season 2? (It's the one with the bee lady) didn't do the series any favor lol. I will give the show a shot, I'm sure watching from the beginning will make me enjoy the series a lot more. But i have to say, from the little i saw the art style and character design seems really good.
yeah watching it in order will help. They build up the characters over time and actually evolve relationships
(they actually have paired off some characters across the episodes)

That all being said... BOY HOWDY is the episode Party Crasher obviously out of order. (third to last episode of the new season)
It must actually be somewhere near the end of season 3... at least 5-10 episodes after where it was placed at the min. I was so lost in the second half of that episode lol.

I haven't seen an episode out of order this badly since season 7 of scrubs where Dr. Cox has hair, then doesn't have hair and then they aired the episode where he buzz cut his head lol.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
yeah watching it in order will help. They build up the characters over time and actually evolve relationships
(they actually have paired off some characters across the episodes)

That all being said... BOY HOWDY is the episode Party Crasher obviously out of order. (third to last episode of the new season)
It must actually be somewhere near the end of season 3... at least 5-10 episodes after where it was placed at the min. I was so lost in the second half of that episode lol.

I haven't seen an episode out of order this badly since season 7 of scrubs where Dr. Cox has hair, then doesn't have hair and then they aired the episode where he buzz cut his head lol.
Other cartoons that had this problem were Steven Universe season 1 and recently the season 2 of Ok K.O, but luckily this happened to episodes that were light on plot and focused on the slice of life comedy ("Say Uncle" for example aired on the Season 2 of SU but still used the gems old designs).

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Twelve Forever. I really liked it overall, but I had some issues.

-Too many of the inhabitants of Endless were either annoying or stupid. This felt intentional, but it didn't make me care all that much when Butt Witch tried to hurt them. I really liked Mack and Beefhouse's relationship, but they weren't in the show very much.

-Butt Witch was also underused. Her design and voice were so much fun I wanted to see more of her. Also, disappointed Twelve never found out that

she accidentally created Butt Witch by throwing a bunch of puberty books into a toxic volcano

but they might be wanting to save that for season 2 (which we probably won't get because of the production issues).

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
but they might be wanting to save that for season 2 (which we probably won't get because of the production issues).
One of the people in charge of production basically laid out that another season is possible if the show proves to be popular on Netflix, but it'll have to be produced by a different studio if greenlit.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Tell me about it....
Well, at least this is a good sign, we are far from reaching saturation.

For example, some days ago I've discovered that aside from Jorel's Brother we have another brazilian cartoon airing on Cartoon Network called Oswaldo, and it's so cool to see the animation industry of your country growing like this. Also, i really liked the show:
images

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if there's going to be an Infinity Train |OT| when the show officially premieres next next Monday, but the full schedule is out now so here's the list of episodes slated to air that week along with episode descriptions (spoiler-ed, naturally):

Monday
The Grid Car

Tulip, a headstrong 13-year-old girl, finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.
The Beach Car
Tulip strikes a deal with a cat in an attempt to get home, but is the price worth it?

Tuesday
The Corgi Car

Tulip and One-One explore a car full of Corgis and face off against a mysterious monster.
The Crystal Car
Tulip, Atticus and One-One enter a crystal forest car and have to take part in a musical ritual.

Wednesday
The Cat's Car

The Unfinished Car

Thursday
The Chrome Car

The Ball Pit Car

Friday
The Past Car

The Engine

Cartoon Network is also going to rerun every aired episode on Friday night right before the final two starting at 5:30PM ET/PT, so you can binge it all in one day if you're willing to wait until then.
Mind if I steal this for the OT?

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

Monday
The Grid Car

The Beach Car

Tuesday
The Corgi Car

The Crystal Car

Wednesday
The Cat's Car

The Unfinished Car

Thursday
The Chrome Car

The Ball Pit Car

Friday
The Past Car

The Engine

Good tip. I could've done recordings but it sounds like it's an experience meant to be binged anyway. The regular air time would get in the way of my Three Houses binge.