• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 7 days, 12 hours, 31 minutes, 33 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Western Animation |OT| Yabba Dabba Doo!

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The third season just recycles the MOTW villains from the previous seasons and stretch out the romance subplot between Marinette and Adrien.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It was the season finale, in fact. However, I think that was intentional. There weren't any big things that made it a bad first episode, but there was a wink wink "I get the feeling every adventure will go like this" joke from Cat Noir.
this. the origin story being at the end of the first season very much felt like it was by design.

Cheerilee

Oct 25, 2017
this. the origin story being at the end of the first season very much felt like it was by design.
I got the impression that they made the origin story as their first episode, but it wasn't working out for whatever reason (could've been any number of reasons), so they just skipped it and went straight into the show's episodic (not serial) monster-of-the-week episodes (which are traditionally supposed to be sandwiched between important serialized episodes which bookend the season), and then they dropped a reworked version of the origin story in at the end of the season, where it didn't matter because the position was less important (like, that's where some productions dump clip shows, to stretch out the episode count).

I remember the butchered dubs of Cardcaptors and Escaflowne doing the same thing. Skip the first episode for the show's big launch, then dump the first episode later in the season.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

The OT is live! And apparently the episode is already available on streaming services and VOD.

Hoagmaster

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone heading to the New York International Children's Film Festival next month can see the premiere of season two of Hilda. I'm quite excited for it, in case you couldn't tell...

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
As good as inf train season 2 was, i still find season 1 good on its own. Granted the sense of mystery is lost but it still holds up imo.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Been watching Big City Greens and it is great
Love the humor and characters and the stories are quite good for the most part

Like the episode Uncaged
Nancy being a sensible adult that acknowledges her own 'faults' and wanting her kids to be better than her was a great approach to these kind of stories

Y'all, Kipo is good as hell. Please watch it.
After Big City Greens I will :3

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I finished marathoning Amphibia on Disney Plus, and the first episode of The Owl House was fun and had enough slices of horror inbetween the spouts of comedy (I was not expecting the main protagonist to be overtly eccentric .

I hope to see more about both shows, as both are very promising. I’ll post more impressions when I get home on Saturday.