• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
....wait aren't both choices the same outcome? O_o
Nope. He's got (or will eventually have) 20 episodes. He's asking about the pacing of the release.

Would people prefer 4 new episodes per-week, for a short 5 weeks?

Or would they prefer 1 new episode per-week, for a longer 20 weeks?

Oct 26, 2017
1 episode for 20 weeks makes the wait for a potential season 2 shorter after the end of the 1st season.

It also, as Hirsch said, gives the audience and fanbase more time to grow.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at MLP as a case study, when it airs once a week, every episode gets a decent amount of fan art and discussion. When multiple episodes leak or another country airs one each weekday, then generally only one or two episodes from that batch stand out and the rest get little attention.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

This was adorable, but I'd like more shorts on the other gals.
Also this takes place in Metropolis? Interesting.
I have a silly theory in regards to Babs' bed
Why is Babs bed a double decker? Well Gordon does have a son, James, so they got a double decker for them. I wonder fi this means he'll show up in the series down the line

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
That sounds awesome. Also a fan of Lastman so looking forward to this.

I don't know if you understand French but Arte just released an interview about Jérémie's latest series. It looks completely insane.

Also, that part at around 4:00

'My parents found my very first erotic drawing and humiliated me with it. They put it on the sideboard and both of them waited for me with their arms crossed with that drawing and said "What is this?"'

'I remember if very well, it was a naked Panacea from Asterix'

tenor.gif

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
"Screw our country, I WANNA LIVE!"
That's gotta be one of the best lines spoken by a villain/antagonist in an animated movie.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Are there any webcomics ud like to see get an animated adaptation?
For me itd be Unsounded.

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any webcomics ud like to see get an animated adaptation?
For me itd be Unsounded.
Gunnerkrigg Court. I'd say Ava's Demon but it'd probably be on the short side currently...

EDIT: Lackadaisy would be a good one.

On that note, Nimona is getting an animated film next year; definitely recommend giving the webcomic a read (though the webcomic version is only partially online now). It's author, Noelle Stevenson, worked as showrunner on the new She-Ra for what that's worth.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I love Gunnerkrigg from an atmosphere/character perspective, but the pacing is -so- slow. The comic has been releasing consistently since release, yet it feels like during the last 3 years of the comic, barely anything has happened.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Wonder Woman/Girl short instead of a Batgirl short! Though it has a lot of Batgirl.
* The casual outfits are cute.
* This has some similarities to an Equestria Girls short(s) involving Tara Strong's Twilight being confused about emojis.
* Ah, so this is must be why that one short repeated from Super Best Friends Forever swapped out Poison Ivy for Mr. Freeze.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Lastman might get a second season :o

In this interview (French with no subtitles, so you'll be missing out on 20 minutes of highly intellectual discussion) at 1:45 they say:

We're working on the script for a potential season 2 of the Lastman series, which would take on a different form. It's not signed yet, but we've already thought about it.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The ending of Harvey Beaks was a bit heartbreaking but it had a satisfying conclusion to the entire series.
It's for the best that the show ended as is, as things really got icky with how Nickelodeon had handled it's release schedule (among other things).

I can't wait to see what Greenblatt does at Warner Bros. Animation, as he's a talented fella and I generally like the shows he created.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Aside from the awful music, Total Dramarama isn't a bad show. I prefer this show over Total Drama All Stars and Revenge of the Island.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
How does Nick keep getting viewers? They don't seem to have the same quality in their cartoons as other networks do, the only new cartoon in, like, a decade to become successful is The Loud House and every other new show seemingly gets canceled or mismanaged, and Nick recently fired the man behind all their popular live action shows.

Are they just destined to ride out Spongebob and TMNT for all of eternity?

Oct 26, 2017
How does Nick keep getting viewers? They don't seem to have the same quality in their cartoons as other networks do, the only new cartoon in, like, a decade to become successful is The Loud House and every other new show seemingly gets canceled or mismanaged, and Nick recently fired the man behind all their popular live action shows.

Are they just destined to ride out Spongebob and TMNT for all of eternity?
Loud House and TMNT are super popular. Both are getting Netflix movies and the Loud House is getting a spin-off.

They, like CNN, make a lot of money off streaming as well.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Game Grumps tackled Dragon's Lair recently, which caused me to watch a full playthrough of Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace....which led me to rewatching The Secret of NIMH.

Used to watch this on repeat when I was younger, but it's still a fantastic movie even now. Pretty much perfect in every way.

....but there is no explanation why these rats who were given increased intelligence through lab experiments also possess magic. It's like, their leader is a wizard and he has an amulet that can levitate cement blocks.

Unless it turns out this was actually telekinesis?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing from Frozen 2. I thought we would have at least gotten a teaser by now.

I do hope it has an actual villain in it and not a twist villain again. It was a novel idea for a while, but we haven't really gotten a traditional Disney villain since Mother Gothel, and the last actually compelling villain was Doctor Facilier.