• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing from Frozen 2. I thought we would have at least gotten a teaser by now.

I do hope it has an actual villain in it and not a twist villain again. It was a novel idea for a while, but we haven't really gotten a traditional Disney villain since Mother Gothel, and the last actually compelling villain was Doctor Facilier.
I'm fine with no villain. Frozen would have been a vastly superior movie if instead of making the one guy a villain, they made him go after Elsa legitimately trying to save Anna, but due to his over aggression, and trying to harm Elsa Anna asks him to leave at the end.

You wouldn't really have to change anything more than 2 lines and cut a scene at the end and the villain would be completely gone from Frozen and it would be an actual good movie instead of just a decent one.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Could you briefly describe the argument in the video? I'm hesitant to watch videos like this from creators I don't know.
In ralph 2 there is a scene where the princess' plights are used as a joke, ezcept that these said plights were put upon the characters by the movies they are from. The video looks at that and critiques it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Apologies then, it was among my YT recommendations and I was curious about the topic matter :X

In better news, The Postman Pat movie is rather nice. David Tennant being a loony Wile E. Coyote gave me a good chuckle.

EDIT:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies then, it was among my YT recommendations and I was curious about the topic matter :X

In better news, The Postman Pat movie is rather nice. David Tennant being a loony Wile E. Coyote gave me a good chuckle.

EDIT:

Yeah, you really have to be careful about YouTube recommendations for stuff like this, especially since alt-righters and generally crazy people have been putting out more and more animation-related video essays.

That DC SHG short was cute. I didn't expect that voice for Zatanna at all. Wait, does Commissioner Gordon know about Zatanna being magic? And that Barbara hangs out with a magician?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah, you really have to be careful about YouTube recommendations for stuff like this, especially since alt-righters and generally crazy people have been putting out more and more animation-related video essays.

That DC SHG short was cute. I didn't expect that voice for Zatanna at all. Wait, does Commissioner Gordon know about Zatanna being magic? And that Barbara hangs out with a magician?
Nope. In the show Gordon doesn't know that Babs is Batgirl nor her superhero team. He knows Zatanna is Babs' friend, and in turn the rest of the team's civil identities as well (as Babs' group of riends).
He wouldn't know they're superheroes though.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I remember YouTube really trying to sell me on Hotdiggedydemon's take on the Apu controversy. As if I'm gonna take lessons on cultural sensitivity from the man who doodled "Steven Jewniverse" and subsequently doubled down with a similar caricature of black people.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Could aomeone list what gravity falls comic books and books were released over the years?
Besides Journal 3, this is the only one that matters:
tumblr_pc6x8gcLKI1sjj6o3o1_400.jpg

basically canon new episodes of the show, in comic book format

tumblr_pcejh902a71so0l0m_400.jpg

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could you briefly describe the argument in the video? I'm hesitant to watch videos like this from creators I don't know.
In ralph 2 there is a scene where the princess' plights are used as a joke, ezcept that these said plights were put upon the characters by the movies they are from. The video looks at that and critiques it.
His critique was hardly even anything.

Pretty much just amounted to "Disney isn't allowed to critique or joke about anti-feminist tropes, because Disney is the one who made some movies using these anti-feminist tropes almost a century ago. So saying anything critical or jokey about anti-feminism makes Disney a hypocrite, and that's the worst thing Disney can be. Also, Disney is a corporation. They did it for money."

Considering that this guy made an actual #IStandWithVic video (and it's not a joke, I checked, out of morbid curiosity), yeah, fuck him. Fuck him, and fuck anything that comes out from his disgusting piece-of-shit mouth.

Oct 25, 2017
"Disney isn't allowed to critique or joke about anti-feminist tropes, because Disney is the one who made some movies using these anti-feminist tropes almost a century ago. So saying anything critical or jokey about anti-feminism makes Disney a hypocrite, and that's the worst thing Disney can be. Also, Disney is a corporation. They did it for money."

That is insanely idiotic.

Oct 28, 2017
Quoting myself from the neural network upscale thread;
I tried ESRGAN on the pilot promo for Miraculous earlier this week.

This is sourced from a 360p YouTube re-upload; much of the detail had already been heavily damaged by compression and further denoising probably destroyed a lot of it (it came out too artifacted otherwise) - you shouldn't have any real problems with a good DVD quality source. :)

The series was originally planned to be a French-Japanese co-produced anime with Toei Animation (Toei still being a partner for the final show). There was supposed to be a 2D anime OVA still coming but I'm not sure what's currently up with that.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting myself from the neural network upscale thread;

The series was originally planned to be a French-Japanese co-produced anime with Toei Animation (Toei still being a partner for the final show). There was supposed to be a 2D anime OVA still coming but I'm not sure what's currently up with that.
I saw that pilot video years ago, before the show itself came out. I'm surprised to see so much carried over into the show, since I remembered the pilot being pretty different. You even have The Mime and Mr. Pigeon. While it's a shame the art style in the promo never got used, I doubt it would have worked for a full TV series anyway without cutting corners.

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The utter lack of advertising for DC Superhero Girls on CN does not bode well. Do we know when it's scheduled to show on its premiere?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The most highly anticipated horse show is coming! My Little Pony? Get that shit outta here! That anime horse girls show? Just stop talking, I mean the real thing right here!

It's Filly Funtasia!

(Honestly, after not hearing about this for years, I just assumed it aired and no one cared, but no, it's apparently been in production hell since 2015. And now it will rise from its grave on March 11. And the CGI and designs honestly aren't that bad.)

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Quoting from the Wakfu thread (the video has English subtitles that you can enable):

So um.... this happened.

tl;dw

Netflix wasn't happy with the viewership numbers. Won't fund a season 4. French stations are interested but Ankama needs €3.5 million to fund a season 4. Not looking likely. So a webcomic might take it's place which could be animated if the situation changes.

:(

:(

Oct 26, 2017
The Loud House is having an episode today where one of the sisters, Luna, is going on a date with a girl named Sam. That would, I believe, make it one of the first kids cartoon in America depicting a lesbian date of any kind.

It's at 5 p.m. EST/ 4 p.m. Central so watch it if you can!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

DC Super Hero Girls 2019's first episode should be airing today right?

I wish they went with a different name because now there are 2 'series' or franchises that use the same bloody name, and differentiating them via year can get irksome.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
First clip of Mars Express from Jérémie Périn:

Same composers as Lastman as well, so the soundtrack is probably going to be hot fire as well.

They're currently looking for financing apparently though: