• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
Caught this interview with the voice cast of justice league:

Apparently they are pushing for a reunion special or something. #jlreunion

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I enjoyed the first Shaun the Sheep movie a lot, but boy is the narrator bringing this trailer down. At least I won't have to worry about a narrator in the film itself.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Anyone know when the super hero girls 2019 toys and merch go up? Want to get something by july for my niece's birthday.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really warming up to Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Today's episode started to set of the lore of the backstory. Also nice for Splinter to have some good moments.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We have a render of what Scooby Doo looks like in the upcoming Theatrical Movie Scoob (Slated to release May next year at present)

First-Look-Scooby-Doo-New-Movie-1.jpg

I like the design of it, hope it's the final design they go with. Warner Animation Group needs to get a hit under their belt as the Lego Movie series has basically cratered with the general audience (Despite Lego Movie 2 being really good) and Storks and Small Foot, whilst being very fun films, haven't exactly been breakout hits for the company, just making a good profit and that's about it so far.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Little bit old, but what if Dr. Doofenshmirtz took over the Milo Murphy's Law theme song? It'll go a bit like this.

The original for comparison:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
They might as well replace the original with the Doof version, since he's pretty much taken over the rest of the show.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Nickelodeon renewed Welcome to the Wayne for an another season. So, when they going to announce the premiere for Glitch Techs?

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I just read that Blackpills has changed its business model from a streaming service to a production studio. That new Netflix series Bonding for example is a Blackpills series.

I'm hoping this means we're going to get all three Bobbypills series (Vermin, Peepoodoo, and Crisis Jung) on Netflix as well. I've been waiting to watch Crisis Jung for over a year at this point...

Speaking of Bobbypills, they recently launched a new website as well. It's got icons for a couple of new series:

1556782956--.png

Excited for Vermin Seasons 2 and 3, the first one was funny and surprisingly good - I was expecting it to just be nonsense and while it had a lot of that it was a solid series overall. The other series could be interesting as well, it seems like Jim Queen and Princess Apocalypse might explore LGBTQ themes.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/rip/chr...mation-industry-artist-dies-at-54-173590.html
Chris Reccardi passed away today. He was repsonisble for that Modyifers cartoon pilot but also worked on a lot of shows for CN and Nick.

Wow, quite the resume. RIP

So, I know Marvel animation is quite vanilla, but they're doing something neat with the Guardians cartoon where each of them is teleported to some crazy dimension where they each have a completely unique animation style. I need to catch up.

SigmasonicX and other Tangled fans might want to know Gamora gets teleported to Tangled Fairy Tale Land (animated by Mercury Filmworks)

Trailer previewing other styles

Oct 26, 2017
So the Loud House was confirmed for a Season 5! We also got a clearer synopsis of the Casagrande special at the start of the season 4 that is setting up the spinoff as well.

Season four of The Loud House kicks-off Monday, May 27, at 1:00 p.m. (ET/PT) with a special half-hour episode dedicated to the Casagrande family. In The Loud House featuring The Casagrandes, "Friended!" Ronnie Anne makes friends with Sid, a girl whose family wants to rent the apartment upstairs. When it looks like another couple might get it first, the girls resort to sabotage to dissuade them. Season four premieres continue Monday, June 10, through Thurs., June 13, at 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT) and Monday, June 17, through Thurs., June 20, at 11:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon.

Nickelodeon has also greenlit a fifth season (26 episodes) of The Loud House, where big changes are on the horizon. In season five, Lincoln and his friends' graduate elementary school and face new challenges and adventures as they tackle the trials and tribulations of middle school, each sister moves up a grade and Lori decides if she's ready to leave home for college. The new season will also showcase holiday themed episodes, introduce new characters, locations and more.

It's rare that shows like this actually age the characters naturally like this without time skips. It'll be interesting to see what stories they tackle.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tuca-Bertie-Netflix-1200.jpg

Tuca and Bertie is a delightful romp of a ride to watch. The relationship between the two are the key part of the season, with Bertie getting a bit more focus than Tuca does. Bertie has a traditional job but longs for more,however she has to overcome her anxiety and life itself. Tuca is more wild and carefree, but hasn't been able to hold down a full job and relies on her rich aunt, Tuca wants to be seen as more self-dependant. Add in some additional supporting characters like Speckles, Bertie's boyfriend that just move in, a patisserie expert known as Pastry Pete and a wide varied range of extras of all species (Including Plant People and a Jaguar, to name a few) and Bird City is booming with charm. The animation espicially is a highlight, there's almost always something interesting to look at, even in scenes of characters talking to each other, longer exposition scenes like flashbacks or inner thoughts will even transistion into entirely different artstyles.

It's a bit more lighter, wackier and zanier than it's counterpart in Bojack Horseman, but it will cover deep issues and quiet down when it needs to. It may be a little too fast for some people, espicially in the first episode, it can result in a bit of information overload at times. I feel it does slow down a bit after the first episode. But It is worth mentioning.

If you can keep up though, you have a great complimentary show to watch whilst waiting for the next season of Bojack.

Oh, and make sure you watch until AFTER the credits of each epsiode, as there is a Post-Credits gag in all of them (Netflix, stop skipping to the next episode automatically please, It took until episode 6 until I learnt of the post-credit gags).

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed tuca and bertie, didn't realise they had small post credit gags until about half way through myself.
Not much to add what Wolf said because they nailed it pretty well, I did find that it has a lot of fun visual touches that reminded me just how much fun one can have with animation compared to most shows.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Why am I just learning about this?

Netflix to run new Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim movies

This is per NickALive!, reporting on a Q2 Earnings Call conducted by Viacom CEO Bob Bakish, who confirmed that both movies will now be headed to Netflix. Both films were written and directed by their series' respective creators, Joe Murray and Jhonen Vasquez, and will feature appearances from the majority of their original voice casts. The Rocko movie appears to be a satire on, well, modern life—have you heard about these newfangled smartphones and energy drinks the kids won't stop looking at or consuming, folks?!—while the Zim project posits a scenario in which everyone's favorite Irken invader is finally robbed of his normally unshakable (and unearned) self-confidence. There's no word yet on a release date for either movie, which last showed off footage of themselves at Comic-Con in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

Did the Hey Arnold! movie really shit the bed that badly?
Well, at least we'll still get to see them.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also Genndy pls.
Give us Sym-Bionic Titan finale.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Spectacular Spider-Man bluray set and I saw already the first two episodes. I have seen some bits of the series before, and I liked back then, but sadly they removed it from my regional Netflix (and maybe from everywhere?) around 2013-2014, I can't remember well. The fact I bought the set force me to finish... and beside, I'm really hungry for Spidey media, thanks a lot Spider-Verse (and the FFH trailer)

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
image_e5674515-1715-415d-b6ec-620bc3fdd7ba_1800x.jpg

God damn.

Superman: The Animated Series is really fucking good.

I was never into it as a kid even though I loved Batman TAS because I thought Superman was lame.

Been watching it on DC Universe and it's like, woah, this is fucking great. The scripts are smart, the animation is really quality. You can tell there was some top talent overseas working in this, sometimes it's anime as fuck. But you also have these really great Superman animations straight out of the 40s Fleischer series. Lois Lane rules. The VA cast is outstanding.

It's so weird because I also recently watched Under The Red Hood and it's considered to be one of the best of the DC Animated films and I thought it kind of sucked. There's something missing from those movies that the 90s animated shows had. A certain sophistication in storytelling. Better scripts.

Also, really surprised by the amount of sexuality and innuendo in this fucking Superman cartoon for kids.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Bruce Timm is still directing a lot lf the new DC movies, but without writers like Paul Dini to keep him and others in check, the quality just isn't there.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Bruce Timm didn't direct, but he did the writing for some projects like Batman and Harley Quinn... he is not a good writer lol.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, all that being said, Superman: TAS has some weird sexual assault shit going on.

Corbyn's forced kiss with Lois Lane was actually shocking to me. There's also some suggestion of intent in some episodes that is creepy.

I just finished the episode Double Dose and that episode is frankly problematic. It is full of metaphores for both sex and sexual assault and writers mix the innuendo like it's all one big joke. They aren't coy about it, they even have a "No means no" joke.

I guess the problems start with Parasite's whole deal being unwanted physical contact (he absorbs your energy via touching you). Normally it's just him fighting other dudes, usually Superman, and it's done in a way that you don't read it as sexual assault. But Livewire's femme fatale sexuality makes shit really awkward because it forces you to see Parasite through the lense of a sexual assaulter.

Livewire has implied to Parasite that if he helps her she'll let him get some.... of her powers (to paraphrase an innuendo joke here in the show) AFTER they defeat Supes. But then throughout the show Parasite tries to touch her to absorb her abilities and she rebukes him, tells him no. Finally, he does get her right when they have Supes vulnerable and as he forces himself onto her he says "You've said no to me for the last time, baby!"

And mind you, there's no other way to read that scene after the show has bombarded you with sexual innuendo up until that point.

So yeah, that's a problem.

Here's the scene where these two characters meet

Here's the final showdown with the incident I described above. Supes has like a plastic body condom on and just before this clip Livewire cracks that he "brought protection."

Keep in mind that between these two clips Parasite has tried to sneak up on Livewire and touch her at least twice and the dialogue is all double entendre.

I should add that Livewire herself commits sexual assault on a male character early in this episode when she surprises and forcefully kisses one of the police characters to electrocute him. So. Yeah.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So digging around it seems like yesterday possibly was not only the Star Vs the Forces of Evil series finale, but also the Milo Murphy's Law series finale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiloMurphy..._and_ferb_ends_and_then_milo_murphys/eo1ghuu/

aka they aren't officially cancelled, but production of the series has stopped. It could just be because they are working on a new phineas and ferb movie and they just will let Milo sit until after that when it can draw more people on disney+ but at the very least it seems like Disney hasn't told them one way or another if that is going to happen.