• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
So digging around it seems like yesterday possibly was not only the Star Vs the Forces of Evil series finale, but also the Milo Murphy's Law series finale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MiloMurphy..._and_ferb_ends_and_then_milo_murphys/eo1ghuu/

aka they aren't officially cancelled, but production of the series has stopped. It could just be because they are working on a new phineas and ferb movie and they just will let Milo sit until after that when it can draw more people on disney+ but at the very least it seems like Disney hasn't told them one way or another if that is going to happen.

Wow, that really sucks.
Also didn't realize MML only had two seasons, since it's been on for a while. I guess that's Disney scheduling for you.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that really sucks.
Also didn't realize MML only had two seasons, since it's been on for a while. I guess that's Disney scheduling for you.
For a follow up to Phineas and Ferb Disney has treated the series like crap.

it was originally supposed to air like 8 months after it did but they really wanted something to come out to draw people in, so they rushed out what they had done resulting in a huge gap between episodes.

it also never got well scheduled.

quite frankly it seemed like a great series to headline content on disney+ but it seems that isn't going to be the case either.

I think it's a case that Disney was expecting Phineas and Ferb level of success out of the gate, and when it wasn't instead of putting marketing into it and treating it well they just kind of gave up on it.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
^ Parker Simmons was a storyboarder on OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, the last episode he helped board on was the Crossover Nexus special from last year. He does good work, this show could be a surprise hit. Literally came out of nowhere, though. Studio is Titmouse I believe.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Mao Mao looks good. I believe another show was also announced, Tig N Seek. It sounds like a revamped version of this CN Mini:

I liked the pilot so I'm looking forward to when that hits.

So digging around it seems like yesterday possibly was not only the Star Vs the Forces of Evil series finale, but also the Milo Murphy's Law series finale.

aka they aren't officially cancelled, but production of the series has stopped. It could just be because they are working on a new phineas and ferb movie and they just will let Milo sit until after that when it can draw more people on disney+ but at the very least it seems like Disney hasn't told them one way or another if that is going to happen.

I wasn't a huge fan of the show (most episodes I've caught have been pretty boring, though the story / continuity episodes + the big crossover were actually pretty good) but this still sucks to hear.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Spectacular Spider-Man bluray set and I saw already the first two episodes. I have seen some bits of the series before, and I liked back then, but sadly they removed it from my regional Netflix (and maybe from everywhere?) around 2013-2014, I can't remember well. The fact I bought the set force me to finish... and beside, I'm really hungry for Spidey media, thanks a lot Spider-Verse (and the FFH trailer)
Watching Spectacular makes me so mad now because we will never get another season. It makes it worst that every follow up spidey show has just been mediocre, Can marvel pull a Young Justice on Spectacular? lol

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
That'd be... interesting. Weismann was the showrunner for both. I'd much rather see him bring back Gargoyles though, but Disney...

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
So I finally got around to watching Last Man as i've been a fan of the comic after reading the first three volumes a couple years ago and I really enjoyed it. Its a solid show that no one will know exist because vrv, also im a sucker for irresponsible/gruff tough guys suddenly having to take care of a kid aka the badass and child duo trope. one issue I had was ep 21 with:
Officer Mendozas death, I get this is an adult series but her death scene was uncomfortable to watch. The whole forced rape death seemed like: "see this is a mature show!!!" and just felt like unnecessary violence against a woman. Like even if you had to kill her did she really have to go out like that? granted that scene was fucked up for all partys involved but why was she the only one to die from it?

Basically I enjoyed it overall and wish it was available on a better platform but at times throughout the series it's pretty apparent that this series was created by three men

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I want a Sonic Boom Season 3 :S
D7VvLyiXsAEtIyA

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Man, came across a Giphy page full of gifs from Space Chickens in Space, that Disney show produced by a bunch of different studios around the world (produced in Mexico, animated in Ireland, and voiced by UK actors)and only airs outside the US for some reason, and I'm sad we haven't gotten it yet. This and the 100 Dalmatian Street.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Trailer for Abominable, from Pearl Studios, AKA Oriental DreamWorks.

It's similar in style to How to Train Your Dragon for sure, but I feel we need more films like How to Train Your Dragon in the animation scene, so I'm all for this. I love the visuals in this like the Flower Field tidal wave as well.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got around to watching Last Man as i've been a fan of the comic after reading the first three volumes a couple years ago and I really enjoyed it. Its a solid show that no one will know exist because vrv, also im a sucker for irresponsible/gruff tough guys suddenly having to take care of a kid aka the badass and child duo trope. one issue I had was ep 21 with:
Officer Mendozas death, I get this is an adult series but her death scene was uncomfortable to watch. The whole forced rape death seemed like: "see this is a mature show!!!" and just felt like unnecessary violence against a woman. Like even if you had to kill her did she really have to go out like that? granted that scene was fucked up for all partys involved but why was she the only one to die from it?

Basically I enjoyed it overall and wish it was available on a better platform but at times throughout the series it's pretty apparent that this series was created by three men
Yeah, I agree about that later episode. Episode 21 in particular was kinda gross and to be frank served very little to the plot, but every episode after 13 or so was clearly not as well animated or directed.

There were pretty massive budget cuts after they had to fund the later stuff through Kickstarter after a founder backed out, so I try not to be as hard on it, but it's still rough around the edges.

Overall, I liked the series though, and am intrested in the future work of the creators.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So what would you chaps consider the essential Moomin series to watch? I vaguely remember this show from when I was younger and really want to watch some more of the series.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting at least a couple more seasons of SU

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Oh and if you enjoyed CN's Summer Camp Island when it aired last summer, you'll be happy to hear that 10 new episodes will be released on the CN app June 14th and on CN proper starting June 23rd. With 10 more in July. Basically the rest of Season 1 and probably some Season 2 in there.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I'm hoping it's good since Star and Milo Murphy are for all intensive purposes done and Steven Universe is for the most part done this year aside from a movie (most likely)

I need something aside from Loud House and Ladybug to watch lol.

Speaking of Ladybug, do you think the show is wasting time trying to redeem Chloe? Making Lila the new unlikable bully doesn't change the fact that Chloe is still an awful character.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Ladybug, do you think the show is wasting time trying to redeem Chloe? Making Lila the new unlikable bully doesn't change the fact that Chloe is still an awful character.
absolutely. They have already had plenty of moments they could have redeemed her and just fundamentally changed her character but instead of doing that we just have two unlikable bully characters now.

Really I wish the show would move beyond the akuma of the week and start having some episodes that are just focused on the characters as the episodes which they do that often suffer for losing half the ep to akuma attacks.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
absolutely. They have already had plenty of moments they could have redeemed her and just fundamentally changed her character but instead of doing that we just have two unlikable bully characters now.

Really I wish the show would move beyond the akuma of the week and start having some episodes that are just focused on the characters as the episodes which they do that often suffer for losing half the ep to akuma attacks.

Sabrina definitely deserves better than being Chloe's doormat.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
New Bobbypills (some of their core staff worked on Lastman which was discussed on the previous page) project:

Could be interesting, and given the studio it's probably going to be batshit insane.

Last edited:

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
New interview from the creators of Mars Express (who also worked on Lastman), as well as some concept art:

The movie sounds pretty interesting, I'm excited to see more about it.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Apparently Lastman 2: Onde de choc (lit. shockwave) just got announced today :O (I think I posted an interview a few months back where the authors said they were working on the script, but it seems like it's been moving along since then), along with some other stuff I don't really know:

Bobbypills is also going to announce some new stuff in a couple of hours, looking forward to it.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
A new series from Dreamworks TV coming to Netflix: Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts!

Honestly, Dreamworks TV output is so much better than their film output that it's not even funny.

This really has been a golden age of Western Animation.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Gonna have to agree about this being a golden age. The past 10 years have produced some fantastic shows. This isn't to say that the series from before the 2010s are bad, there are def. many stand outs, but with so many quality series lately there is no shortage of fun and entertaining series to watch...or miss out on ;P

For that matter
I NEED THOSE NEW LOONEY TUNES SHORTS ALREADY WB, DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The 90s had a ton of great shows, but it was a time when comedy was the focus rather than storytelling and continuity (which is what I like most).

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
A new series from Dreamworks TV coming to Netflix: Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts!

Honestly, Dreamworks TV output is so much better than their film output that it's not even funny.

Wow, that does look good. Surprised it flew under the radar until now.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

Looks like a Murakami joint. Character design very reminiscent of Teen Titans and Ben 10.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I was skeptical of Amphibia in terms of storytelling, but the conflict of
Anne and the toxic relationship she has with her friends
hooked me.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised to see this pop up in my YT recommendations

I'm really liking the artstyle / animation they've gone with. Some of the voices still sound rough though