• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
I was surprised to see this pop up in my YT recommendations

I'm really liking the artstyle / animation they've gone with. Some of the voices still sound rough though

There has been some controversy on twitter, since it seems the Mexican animation studio behind the show paid really low wages and had them working 7 days a week, omited some animators from the finished credits of the pilot, and if a piece of work was cut from the episode, the artist that did that work would not get paid for it. It's difficult to get full details since all workers must sign a contract that prevents them from speaking ill of the creator of the show or the animation company.

Last edited:

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused by what Villainous is. Is it going to be an official Cartoon Network series?

So far, it only appears to have been released on Youtube and by Spanish Cartoon Network accounts.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really confused by what Villainous is. Is it going to be an official Cartoon Network series?

So far, it only appears to have been released on Youtube and by Spanish Cartoon Network accounts.

Wikipedia is saying it was some web mini-series that was popular enough to be turned into a full series (and it got specifically picked up by Cartoon Network Latin America). The TV Tropes page for the show is saying it'll be getting a 6-episode first season...though they haven't sourced that info.

There has been some controversy on twitter, since it seems the Mexican animation studio behind the show paid really low wages and had them working 7 days a week, omited some animators from the finished credits of the pilot, and if a piece of work was cut from the episode, the artist that did that work would not get paid for it. It's difficult to get full details since all workers must sign a contract that prevents them from speaking ill of the creator of the show or the animation company.

Man, that's really shitty to hear. Doesn't sound like there's anything to be done with that contract / NDA too :/

I was interested in the show, but they can miss me with that exploitative shit tbh.

Doesn't work here (Australia), but I'm gonna try get into this show instead.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so not that I'm minding the episodes but what in the heck was the point of announcing The Casagrandes spin off series to release in october if the loud house season 4 was just going to be The Casagrandes spin off airing now :P

it's also clear that this is basically the first season of The Casagrandes episode wise so why not just call it that lol.

Oct 26, 2017
so not that I'm minding the episodes but what in the heck was the point of announcing The Casagrandes spin off series to release in october if the loud house season 4 was just going to be The Casagrandes spin off airing now :P

it's also clear that this is basically the first season of The Casagrandes episode wise so why not just call it that lol.
There's a chunk of the fandom that is really against the idea of this spin-off but I personally love the idea of it. I've yet to check out the episodes, but they definitely are trying to use the the name of the Lou House to build up an audience before the actual premiere.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
There's a chunk of the fandom that is really against the idea of this spin-off but I personally love the idea of it. I've yet to check out the episodes, but they definitely are trying to use the the name of the Lou House to build up an audience before the actual premiere.
I have no issue with the spin off.
I have no issue with sneaking in the first few episodes into the new season of loud house to get people more excited for it.
I do take a bit issue that we are through like 7 episodes now that have just been the spin off with no sign of the louds at all aside from 20 seconds of the opening song.

Oct 26, 2017
I have no issue with the spin off.
I have no issue with sneaking in the first few episodes into the new season of loud house to get people more excited for it.
I do take a bit issue that we are through like 7 episodes now that have just been the spin off with no sign of the louds at all aside from 20 seconds of the opening song.
The first 6 episodes (which is like 2 hours I guess) are on the Casagrandes. It heads back to the Louds after that.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The first 6 episodes (which is like 2 hours I guess) are on the Casagrandes. It heads back to the Louds after that.
the first 8 episodes of season 4 are already confirmed to be Casagrande episodes and wikipedia lists the 9th episode as one as well.

I suppose you might be counting the episodes they lump together to make a 30 minute show as a single episode, but by storyline wise that would make 12 episodes of the casagrandes before getting back to the louds in a show called the loud house if your 6 episode thing is accurate.

like I said, I'm not complaining about the episodes, they have been enjoyable, it's just kind of annoying to have so many of them now when it should be new loud house episodes and then there is going to be a 3+ month wait before the show they have been basically showing all month actually starts :P

it's mostly if you were going to have this many episodes of the Casagrandes why not just air that now and start the actual loud house season 4 in oct :/

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Almost sounds like Nick got cold feet and shoved all completed Casagrandes episodes into The Loud House's new season so they don't have to commit to a new show.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Almost sounds like Nick got cold feet and shoved all completed Casagrandes episodes into The Loud House's new season so they don't have to commit to a new show.
they already committed to a new show though. It starts in October lol.

They are just trying to drum up interest by having people show up to watch the loud house and instead seeing the spin off episodes, but this many episodes is just excessive lol.

Seriously though, if you enjoy something that feels a bit more like a classic cartoon the loud house is a decent watch, as is the Casagrandes.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

A thread where a bunch of animators who have worked on Jr. shows (as in, shows aimed at preschoolers) point out that their projects are just as valid as those aimed at older audiences and there shouldn't be a stigma against working on them.

EDIT:

Also, animators are going in on this tweet (Rotten Tomatoes video showing how far animation has advanced, comparing the original The Lion King and the new one)

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
New animation Kickstarter

This already reached its main goal, to fund a 5-minute pilot. It's a bit odd to me when the above video is already close to that length and has decent enough animation, but they intend to have much higher quality animation for the final pilot. It looks charming enough; I like Melody. Note that the Kickstarter page has a lot of fun animations like this:
f422db4b0dc63de6b23bd9ca44c868a9_original.gif

One bit of trivia is that the animation director was behind that MLP fan project from (thinks) a while ago now, Double Rainboom. The story of that wasn't the best, but it did have impressive animation.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Finally got around to watching Star vs. Forces of Evil finale.
Soooo umm what did fans dislike about it?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
It killed off a ton of characters, brushed over the underlying conflict of mewmans vs. monsters, and presented the ending as happy when the ending montage clearly showed there would be an incoming humans vs. monsters conflict. Off the top of my head.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Fair enough.
Having finished it, I felt that the finale could've been better than what they went with.

Onto Welcome to the Wayne for now.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star's decision is selfish and is framed like it's a good solution to a problem when its the most nuclear, snap level event the show has ever floated and tries to steer away from really showing the consequences or passively saying theyre okay

its also rushed and has a bunch of strange unanswered questions it poses itself. Was marco getting impaled supposed to be a big deal? What about the two worlds fusing? The finale focuses so much on starco that if you really dont care about the ship like me it basically does very little for you.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
As i binge watch this show and others every month and also due to breaks i forget aime stuff of shows like this.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New animation Kickstarter

This already reached its main goal, to fund a 5-minute pilot. It's a bit odd to me when the above video is already close to that length and has decent enough animation, but they intend to have much higher quality animation for the final pilot. It looks charming enough; I like Melody. Note that the Kickstarter page has a lot of fun animations like this:
f422db4b0dc63de6b23bd9ca44c868a9_original.gif

One bit of trivia is that the animation director was behind that MLP fan project from (thinks) a while ago now, Double Rainboom. The story of that wasn't the best, but it did have impressive animation.

Holy shit, this is still going. I went to school with these dudes and even offer to help with 3d stuff

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Train was always meant to be a mini-series, though.
Like OtGW. Makes sense to air them on consecutive nights.

EDIT: unless that changed...?
While I'm sure it won't be as long as Adventure Time or Steven Universe say I don't think we were ever told how long it would be. Miniseries is a definite possibility though.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed that 101 Dalmatian Street started airing in March in the UK. Did anyone hear anything about its quality? I know someone here was looking forward to it earlier.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Guillermo del Toro's 3 below part two is out on Netflix!

If you haven't heard about this, It's part of the larger Tales of Arcadia universe.

I'll check it out. Looks cool.

Well
That was something XD

The Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse shorts are like an event for me. Pure cartoon goodness.

And that ending!

815d251156b69b6b1f5624de681e842491cbd5e6.jpg

get your tickets ready

On the one-hand, this looks cool.

On the other-hand, pretty sure this will be a US-exclusive and I will have to find.... "alternative means" to watch it, as I had to do that for every US-exclusive show that has been broadcast/streamed (Young Justice, Amphibia, etc.)

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
remember that pilot from Cartoon Network, Twelve Forever? it got picked up by Netflix and will be airing towards the end of the month

the pilot to jog your memory

well, allegedly, the creator, Julia Vickerman, has been involved in some unsavory antics that involved sexual harassment of the staff. the production company, Puny Entertainment, went under and unless there's a new studio, there will only be one season of the show.

an alleged page from a court case involving these shenanigans
xHZaGtw.jpg

and a freelancer for Comic Book Resources is looking into this

Seen some leaks regarding the production of the upcoming Netflix series Twelve Forever which are... concerning, to say the least. If anyone involved in the production wishes to speak about it either on- or off-record, my DMs are open.

*NOTE*
I first learned of this from a thread on 4chan's /co/, where that court page is from. with so few people from the staff not talking about the show, I'm wondering if they're intentionally distancing themselves from it

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The Loud House, Clarence, and now Twelve Forever.

What's it with cartoon creators/showrunners and sexual harassment?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The Loud House, Clarence, and now Twelve Forever.

What's it with cartoon creators/showrunners and sexual harassment?

It's not limited to the entertainment industry. In any work environment, sexual harassment occurs when there's unwanted conduct, either on the grounds of a persons sex or of a sexual nature, that violates a person's dignity or creates an hostile work area for the victim.

I used to work for Wal-Mart back in Secondary School and one of my bosses performed some unsavory stunts that could easily sent them to jail. However, they knew how to cover their tracks. :/

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Went from "oh neat" to "well never mind" really damn quick there, lol

This is neat. Old character model sheets, including for Gadget (Rescue Rangers) and Roxanne (A Goofy Movie).

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Went from "oh neat" to "well never mind" really damn quick there, lol

This is neat. Old character model sheets, including for Gadget (Rescue Rangers) and Roxanne (A Goofy Movie).

I had a complete Goofy Movie model pack that was given to me by one of the animators that worked on the film, but I lost it during a flood. It had some neat development drawings, along with some hilarious production notes.