• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59

If we were strictly talking about shows of the second half of the 2010s, boy you basically missed a whole lot of cartoons, but as this decade was the big renascence of American cartoons and i can't remember for sure when each show aired, i will list everything notable that came from the 2010s.
Some of the highlights for me were:
Ok K.O (Wich will end this year), Season 5 of Samurai Jack, BallMastrz: 9009, 3 below, trollhunters, Bee and PuppyCat, Love death and robots, Buddy thunderstruck, Constantine: City of demons, F is for Family, Major Lazer, Mao Mao, Megaman Fully charged, Moonbeam City, Motorcity, She-ra, Star Wars rebels, Dragon Prince, Captain Underpants tv series, Victor and Valentino, Sonic Boom, We bare bears, Craig of the creek, the amazing world of gumball, Young Justice, Ducktales, the Looney Tunes show, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, Summer Camp Island, Clarence, Rocko static cling, Invader Zim Enter the florpus, The loud house, Harvey Beaks, Teenage Mutant ninja turtles 2012 (i would i also recommend watching rise of TMNT, it's a different show with an different vibe but really fun), legend of korra, Milo Murphy's Law, Flapjack, Tuca and Bertie, Bojack Horseman, Disenchantment, Spectular Spiderman, DC superhero girls, Ladybug, big hero six tv series, tangled tv series and Wonder over yonder.

Thanks for the list, will start checking then out (synopsis and trailers) :)

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Thanks for the list, will start checking then out (synopsis and trailers) :)
Your welcome ;)
I tried to put a lot of variety in the list, so while not all of the shows there will be of your likeness, you are bound to find something you enjoy.
If you haven't watched them yet and prefer a more plot driven show i recommend starting from Infinity Train and Samurai Jack season 5.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Up to episode 8 of Infinity Train and Im really liking it such a weird little show, love Ashley.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
As a heads up, all of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic season 9, including the series finale, has been released on a Dutch streaming service. I'll wait until the US airing to create a separate thread for the end of the series, though.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

Interesting premise, but honestly I only really want this to be a real thing so I can hear Adam MacArthur doing his Marco voice again on the regular.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
That's a Marco joke.
1563400166667.jpg

how'd i miss that

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Y'know, I really like Twelve Forever. The world of Endless feels a bit like Adventure Time, but is otherwise fun and weird enough to enjoy it.
The theme of growing up and the world outside endless is interesting and pretty heavy at times.
Buttwitch is a treasure.
Shame about the stuff behind it. I also doubt there will be another season, which is a shame because I'd definitely like to see it continue.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Y'know, I really like Twelve Forever. The world of Endless feels a bit like Adventure Time, but is otherwise fun and weird enough to enjoy it.
The theme of growing up and the world outside endless is interesting and pretty heavy at times.
Buttwitch is a treasure.
Shame about the stuff behind it. I also doubt there will be another season, which is a shame because I'd definitely like to see it continue.

It didn't help that most of the staff who had worked on it didn't promote it in the likes of Social Media, at least when I was searching the staff credits.

I like the show, but I'm happy that we got this season. Not a lot of shows get picked up from it's pilot episode pitch.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
We've pretty much gotten full confirmation now that 101 Dalmatian Street and The Legend of Three Caballeros will premiere on Disney+ November 12th

Word is a Season 2 for the latter will depend on viewership and is being seen as a Disney+ series.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Got around to watching the final episodes of Ok KO.

They were interesting but obviously rushed. But that's to be expected when you plan for more seasons but then are told in advance that season 3 is your last (which allows you to cram in the stuff you wanted)

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Tweet thread from a DuckTales storyboard artist. She talks about how with online discourse being more visible, that means higher ups see it too. Nowadays, several people are fighting for LGBT+ representation, but they often get push back from higher ups who don't want to get involved in "that shipping thing". She tells fans to keep on shipping, but not to be so toxic, because higher ups see that and take the wrong lessons from it.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've been burning through some of the Dreamworks cartoons on Netflix and I just want to say... more people really should be watching the Dreamworks cartoons on Netflix :P

Voltron was solid
She-ra is okay
3below was okay
Trollhunters has been okay so far
what I saw of the how to train a dragon was also okay.

also don't let me make you think that when I say okay that they aren't good shows. It's just that they aren't on the level of the great shows like Steven Universe or Gravity Falls or Avatar, but they are still good so far :P

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Between the Coup going on at Disney animation and the state of cartoons on tv, the early-to-mid 2000s were not great for animation.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not aware of most of the details, but during the early-to-mid 2000s Roy Disney thought that CEO Michael Eisner mismanaged the company and wanted to oust him. Roy started a "Save Disney" campaign and essentially staged a coup within Disney Animation, which is why their recent films (like Home on the Range) were careless and, well, bad.

And this kind of worked as Eisner resigned in 2005 and gave up perks the company granted him.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Roy Disney's coup really hurt Disney Animation.

Roy Disney did save Disney Animation at the end of Disney's first Dark Age (following Walt's death), when Disney decided that they wanted to shut down the unprofitable Disney Animation, and Roy Disney (who had been off doing his own thing) came back and said that was disgraceful, and staged a coup which installed Michael Eisner. And Eisner made Roy Chairman of Disney Animation in 1984.

By 1989, Disney came out with The Little Mermaid, which was a huge success and kicked off the Disney Renaissance.

But after The Lion King was an incredible success, Disney Animation's budgets started to climb, as they chased that level of success... only to see box office numbers start to fall in the Disney Post-Renaissance.

Roy's pet project, Fantasia 2000, only earned $90 million on an $80 million investment (which probably means it lost money, using that rule of thumb which says that movies need to double their budget to break even). Roy was still in charge when Treasure Planet lost Disney $30 million (earning $110 million on a $140 million budget).

Roy Disney quit Disney in 2003 and started his second coup (aka: yelling about all of Eisner's mistakes and calling for him to be fired) because Eisner had kicked Roy off the Board of Directors.

Then Eisner handed Roy his own head on a silver platter by getting into a fight with Pixar. Pixar had been pulling in "Disney Renaissance" kinds of money since Toy Story 1 in 1995, and their contract was up for renewal, and Eisner told them that anyone could do what they were doing. Eisner predicted that 2003's Finding Nemo would bomb, but it earned nearly a billion dollars on a $94 million budget. Pixar quit in 2004, and offered to bring their talents and their consistent hundreds of millions of dollars in profits to the highest bidder. Maybe Dreamworks is hiring? I hear Jeffrey Katzenberg is a petty asshole who would love to stick it to former-boss Eisner.

Eisner started the process of trying to convert Disney Animation into a Pixar-clone, to prove that anyone could do what Pixar does, but it was futile and the shareholders kicked Eisner out in 2005 for threatening the goose that laid their golden eggs. Bob Iger (Eisner's #2) took over and he brought Roy Disney back in, and smoothed things over with Pixar (by offering to buy them).

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
The Owl House NYCC Panel recently concluded.

791758127858fc219fe4342b51ae90ea458a4049.jpg

ba9d16a4340d9b5747c25d0ff8fd8e1e9103b084.jpg

2cbde4fa363a411b0f6289c95681c80ec3b7bad7.jpg

66f6c6d448b252e281a325fda8d0ec596f247f4b.jpg

894a55e080ff71546deca420b4c78cd7bf283506.jpg

4aa9cdb80e9d1f330a8b2cf0d1f29a75a0453611.jpg

3246c52068b603f2fa324bf468892bfa98318180.jpg

8306adc4dca98c9f50aa441d421f4c4f0165e4b3.jpg

5d2385c97e5f5d277e22406eb640861cbe01104a.jpg

74358cb98c95d74a719f49d269b703c41ec34476.jpg

8cb707241de9d7bbf4f38cdb639d2469bd925d20.jpg

Sneak Peak:

textless end credits sequence:

assorted panel quotes:
"Luz is completely cut off from the real world. Any part of her culture that she brings is directly tied to her mother and how her mother influences Luz's life" ------ @DanaTerrace

"Stories are compelling when there's high stakes. They're compelling when there are villains and there's peril. Sometimes parents worry about the peril But kids LOVE peril. It's cool that Disney is allowing part of its brand to bring this into it." ----- @_AlexHirsch

"Owls have a reputation for being wise, but owls are actually dumb. They're STUPID. And I thought that was the funniest thing in the world. They look so smart and soulful. But they're just dumb as hell. I thought that was great." --- @DanaTerrace on why an Owl?

"They were a little concerned when they found out the entire show takes place on the bones of a dead body. I said it's cool, it's a fantasy world, it's not a human body." ----- @DanaTerrace says on Standards and Practices

The series will premiere on The Disney Channel this January. Will also stream on Disney+ "sometime next year".

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I just got done watching The Last Kids on Earth and it was GREAT fun.
I really want to get the books now, but does anyone know where to get them digitally from?

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Hazbin Hotel thread isn't getting much attention

Coming out OCTOBER 28TH

Damn, I didn't realize we were so close.
As for the trailer, I would have preferred longer clips, but the art looks great.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Tangled: the Series season 3 |OT| Everybody betray me! I fed up with this world.

Guess Disney doesn't consider it a spoiler anymore. Airs weekdays at 1 PM ET on Disney Channel, starting October 7, 2019 Or watch it at midnight on Disney Now Tangled: the Series follows after the events of the movie but before the wedding special, with every lead movie actor reprising their...
I'm really hoping this will just actively come to disney+ so I can easily watch it.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Only three episodes in and Primal might be one of the greatest pieces of animation I've seen in a long time and could arguably be Genndy's masterpiece if he can stick the landing. Beautiful one moment, brutal the next while able to really funny only to yank on your heartstrings and all this without a word, just body language, guttural roars, grunts and yells and just incredible use of the visual medium.