• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really related to a show or film, but I just wanted to share this because damn

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
This finally came out

Not sure if anyone watches this web series

(Also not sure if I already posted about the series on here or not, but it's an animated series based on SCP)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
....I'm happy...wait Turner and HBO are part of the same company?

OP
OP

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
On a related note, there is a major press event next week for HBO Max.

I'm curious to see what Cartoon Network / Boomerang content is available on the service on Day 1.

They did say Looney Tunes content would be on the service. And we know that The Boondocks and Adventure Time are both coming.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so i'm curious about something, does writing off a series for tax purposes mean that the company can never use it again in any capacity?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Wander over Yonder is superb.
Heck yeah. It's just gorgeous. Only thing is, I feel like the big climax with Dominator felt so weak. The ending felt very lukewarm to me. I think I mentioned in the other thread how it's funny how two CN buddies now have very similar but still very different shows about a guy and his female dinosaur. Genndy has Primal McCracken has Wander.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much money HBO Max will be willing to throw at Rebecca Sugar for her next project when Steven Universe Future's over?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
so i'm curious about something, does writing off a series for tax purposes mean that the company can never use it again in any capacity?

Technically, neither the Turner Broadcasting Company (CN, Toonami, Adult Swim) or ANY OTHER group can air SBT on television. Someone could snatch-up the show's television broadcasting rights if they want to, but they're useless to most TV content providers. If someone does end-up picking up the show, they can theoretically release content that can't air on TV, like a DVD/Blu-Ray box set, streaming, art, comics, and so forth (so long as it doesn't air on public television).

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Technically, neither the Turner Broadcasting Company (CN, Toonami, Adult Swim) or ANY OTHER group can air SBT on television. Someone could snatch-up the show's television broadcasting rights if they want to, but they're useless to most TV content providers. If someone does end-up picking up the show, they can theoretically release content that can't air on TV, like a DVD/Blu-Ray box set, streaming, art, comics, and so forth (so long as it doesn't air on public television).
but does this mean that turner could use it on say...HBO max

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Wander over Yonder is superb.

It really is. While I'm kinda iffy on Season 1, Season 2 is sooo good. Wander and Hater are just so entertaining, also some of the episode concepts (like the split screen episode) are amazing.

I wish I'd learned about the show sooner, I only found out after it was cancelled.

Heck yeah. It's just gorgeous. Only thing is, I feel like the big climax with Dominator felt so weak. The ending felt very lukewarm to me.

Yeah, the finale was more about Hater than it was about Dominator tbh

Such a shame that we're probably never getting a Season 3

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I just started season 2 and it is still fun
Hater treating his relationship with Wander as if they sre an ex they are angry with but then reconcile to get married was hilarious

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm really baffled with why Primal isn't available to stream on AS's website in Canada. I WANT to support the show and watch the animatics, but they are not doing a great job with that when they are restricting the show only to the States.

Oct 28, 2017
EIFOmo5X4AAeQgy.jpg:large

C.H. Greenblatt is bringing back classic Hanna-Barbera characters in "Jellystone"

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
more HBO Max stuff

Circe

Premiere Date: TBA.​

Director(s): TBA.​

Writer(s): Rick Jaffa (co-creator), Amanda Silver (co-creator).​

Starring: TBA.​

Synopsis: The animated series is a modern take on the world of Greek mythology told from the powerful feminist perspective of the goddess Circe, who transforms from an awkward nymph to a formidable witch, able to challenge gods, titans and monsters alike.

Little Ellen

Writer(s): Ellen DeGeneres (creator).​

Synopsis: A 2D animated children's show that explores the world through the eyes of a hilarious and unpredictable seven-year-old Ellen DeGeneres. On her adventures in her musical hometown of New Orleans, Little Ellen takes big risks and makes big mistakes, but she's always able to laugh at herself and bounce back when things don't go as planned.

Looney Tunes Cartoons

Premiere Date: 2020.​

Director(s): David Gemmill (101-103), Pete Browngardt (108).​

Writer(s): Pete Browngardt (101), David Gemmill (101), Johnny Ryan (101), Ving Pingerly (104), Bob Tzudiker (108), Noni White (108).​

Starring: Eric Bauza (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Pepé Le Pew, Marvin the Martian), Jeff Bergman (Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Sylvester the Cat), Bob Bergen (Porky Pig), Michael Ruocco (Beaky Buzzard), Fred Tatasciore (Yosemite Sam).​

Synopsis: The animated series echoes the high production value and process of the original Looney Tunes theatrical shorts with a cartoonist-driven approach to storytelling. Marquee Looney Tunes characters will be featured in their classic pairings in simple, gag-driven and visually vibrant stories.

Note: The season will be 80 episodes, each eleven minutes long, comprising of shorts between one and six minutes, making it nearly 1,000 minutes total.​

Mecha Builders (w/t)

Writer(s): TBA.​

Synopsis: The animated series will feature favorite Sesame Street characters as heroes in a robot-animation style.

Note: A second, different, animated series is also in development, to be announced at a later date.​

The Fungies!

Writer(s): Stephen Neary (creator).​

Starring: The animated series explores Fungietown through the whimsical quests of Seth, a young student at Fungietown Elementary. Seth loves science and sharing his exciting discoveries with all his Fungie friends. But in his search for the ultimate scientific adventure, Seth often stirs up trouble for Fungietown's colorful inhabitants leading to hilarious and heartwarming surprises.

Tig N' Seek

Writer(s): Myke Chilian (creator).​

Starring: The animated series is about 8-year-old Tiggy and his gadget-building cat, Gweeseek, as they search for the lost items of Wee Gee City. With Tiggy's cheerful attitude and Gweeseek's exceptional inventing capabilities, the duo humorously navigate day-to-day dilemmas at the Department of Lost and Found.

Tooned Out

Writer(s): Robert Zemeckis (co-creator), Jared Stern (co-creator).​

Synopsis: A half-hour, hybrid live-action and animated comedy, where things get a little cartoony for Mac when he starts seeing iconic cartoon characters, but they're not just there for laughs, they're helping him get through a very rough patch in his life

Esme & Roy (season 2)

Writer(s): Dustin Ferrer (co-creator), Amy Steinberg (co-creator).​

Starring: Millie Davis (Esme) Patrick McKenna (Roy), Shayle Simons (Hugo Ooga) Elle Simons (Fig Ooga) Abigail Oliver (Tillie Plink).​

Synopsis: The animated series follows a young girl named Esme and her best monster friend, Roy, the most in-demand "monster sitters" in Monsterdale, a town populated mostly by monsters. The duo set out to solve big problems by playing and helping out the young monsters with their problems.

gen:LOCK (season 2)

Director(s): Gray G. Haddock.​

Writer(s): Gray G. Haddock (creator, showrunner).​

Starring: Michael B. Jordan (Julian Chase), Dakota Fanning (Miranda Worth), Golshifteh Farahani (Yasamin 'Yaz' Madrani), Maisie Williams (Cameron 'Cammie' MacCloud), David Tennant (Dr. Rufus Weller).​

Synopsis: The half-hour animated dystopian series is set 50 years in the future, in which an oppressive authoritarian force threatens to conquer the world. The resistance recruits a team of pilots for a new form of devastating mecha — with Julian Chase (Jordan), the first to volunteer for the cause — but they must be willing to sacrifice everything.

Note: The second season will premiere exclusively on HBO Max 90 days before becoming available to subscribers of Rooster Teeth's subscription service.​

The Boondocks (season 5)

Premiere Date: Fall 2020.​

Writer(s): Aaron McGruder (creator, showrunner).​

Starring: John Witherspoon (Robert "Granddad" Freeman).​

Synopsis: The adventures of self-proclaimed "Civil Rights Legend" Robert "Granddad" Freeman, and his two rambunctious grandsons Huey and Riley. The family has recently moved to an idyllic community in suburban Maryland only to see it taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime. Life under Ruckus turns out to be an everyday struggle to survive.

Note: The series has already been renewed for a sixth season. A 50-minute special will premiere in fall 2020.​
[\quote]

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of animation from Netflix in November: She-Ra season 4, Klaus, Dragon Prince season 3 and I Lost My Body.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017