• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Since the localization's announcement, it was questioned if YW3 will be 2-3 versions like Japan, or a single version.
These tweets confirm that it's a single version based on the third version with more enhancements and that every Yo-kai can be obtainable in it.

That's actually pretty cool, and feels like a nice set-up for the franchise's future of only doing one game (Yo-kai Watch 4 will only have a single version).
Kind of feels like we're getting a definitive version. At least Europeans and Australians will be getting it tomorrow. Us stupid Americans have to wait until February.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's probably a lot of work, but it's definitely nice to see that effort put in for a localization project.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well they dug their own grave by being so slow to bring the games over and for pushing the split versions for previous games, long after it made sense to stop.

It was only 2 1/2 years between the Japanese and International release, same span of time as Pokemon Red & Blue. I think it was just a bit too Japanese to catch on in the West, as well as just looking a bit too much like a Pokemon knock-off.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Looking forward to it! Been looking forward to it for a lot longer than I hoped I would be, but still.

Nov 1, 2017
Sucks that I have to wait til Feb, but I'm still really looking forward to this game. I hope English YW4 is a bit more timely lol.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
They would have sold this better if it was literally the 3ds game ported to run on a fourth of the switch screen by this point

Level-5 would rather put the money and time towards a new Switch game rather than porting an old one to Switch.
Since Sangokushi and Blasters 2 aren't coming over, this is basically the last 3DS game.

It was only 2 1/2 years between the Japanese and International release, same span of time as Pokemon Red & Blue. I think it was just a bit too Japanese to catch on in the West, as well as just looking a bit too much like a Pokemon knock-off.

It bugs me when people write it off as a Pokemon clone.
If anything it has way more in common with Shin Megami Tensei.
It's like... a review of the game, while positive, had to be like "So the new character Hailey Anne opens up a detective agency JUST LIKE DETECTIVE PIKACHU" Let the game stand on its own, don't compare it to another franchise.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank gawd. They never should've had split releases outside of Japan until the series was a hit. The two release followed quickly by the third was confusing to people.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
A definitive version that surpasses the original definitive one? Yes please, I'll definitely get this one.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
It was only 2 1/2 years between the Japanese and International release, same span of time as Pokemon Red & Blue. I think it was just a bit too Japanese to catch on in the West North america, as well as just looking a bit too much like a Pokemon knock-off.

They do fine in europe. Porbably helps the anime is aired a bunch of times every day on the kids channels.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
If my copy arrives today, I'll share impressions. I own the three Japanese versions of Yo-Kai Watch 3 as well, so I'm curious as to how different this localised version is, if everything has been integrated.