• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, can't wait to see how depressed they get with how shitty the world is when they actually get to see EtcetERA threads.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
That's when it was first open to users to register, and since the members here were mainly from a NeoGAF exodus, or heard of the exodus and new site, that's when the vast majority of people came.
Well yes, but my point is that it's weird that it's so loaded, and not spread out a bit more. Seeing as Era is growing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well yes, but my point is that it's weird that it's so loaded, and not spread out a bit more. Seeing as Era is growing.
Well, what I think happens is that the newer people have trouble getting used to the site or accustomed to the users, so end up not posting as much or staying as long, compared to the older people who know each other from GAF and thus had an easier time settling in.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
W3Jxad3.gif
W3Jxad3.gif
W3Jxad3.gif
W3Jxad3.gif

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm glad to be here. Spent a decade on GAF and although towards the end there was certainly an argument to be had about what the modship had become, it was no reason to open the floodgates to scum and turn the place into a standing room for r/the_donald.

I don't know if Tyler always had alt-right sympathies or if it was just desperate pragmatism that led him to embrace that crowd, but him and the site are in deep.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
That's when it was first open to users to register, and since the members here were mainly from a NeoGAF exodus, or heard of the exodus and new site, that's when the vast majority of people came.

I'm still jelly that I couldn't get into any discord during the meltdown and I had to sign up on the 27th. I remember asking anyone I could for any info about an invite lol.

But, that's only 36,000...

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still jelly that I couldn't get into any discord during the meltdown and I had to sign up on the 27th. I remember asking anyone I could for any info about an invite lol.

But, that's only 36,000...
I wasn't a member of NeoGAF myself, but I was familiar with the drama because even other forums around the internet were talking about it.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who posted on GAF (pre-NEO, back when it was just Gaming-Age) it's quite something to be here now and to have a first-hand perspective on how this whole thing played out. I watched the internet itself change through a lense made up of this community. Crazy. I am so thankful for those who kept the dream alive and made sure this community persisted.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
As someone who posted on GAF (pre-NEO, back when it was just Gaming-Age) it's quite something to be here now and to have a first-hand perspective on how this whole thing played out. I watched the internet itself change through a lense made up of this community. Crazy. I am so thankful for those who kept the dream alive and made sure this community persisted.

Now that you mention it, thinking of Era as the third iteration of the Gaming Age Forums is a nicer way of looking at it than as a mass abandonment of NeoGAF.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the average age on here is

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
This forum gained popularity at an insane rate when it first started. It's kind of stabilized now. Wonder if we'll ever get big as GAF in its peak.

Oct 26, 2017

I laughed at this way more than I care to admit.

I'll always have a soft spot for that place since I had been posting there since June 6th 2004, the day it began. But yeah when I took a peak there recently there was just a smoldering husk of its former self.

Yet, I'll still see GAF as the Darth Vadar to ResetERA's Luke Skywalker.

"GAF, you were The Chosen One! You were suppose to destroy 4Chan, not join them! Bring hope to progressives, not have them leave in disgust! You were my home, GAF. I loved you!"

ElementaryRealisticDormouse-max-1mb.gif

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
you better start believing in alt accounts

because I'm posting with one

... kidding don't make this 39,999 users plz

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Changed names, posted much much less after the exodus. Glad this site doesn't have the "baggage" of the old one

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Good to be here. Little more reluctant to buy a t-shirt this time after what happened at the old place.

Status
Not open for further replies.