Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AztecComplex

AztecComplex
    Banned Member

Didn't we have over 200,000 at the old place? This seems like very low. I know many accounts over there were inactive but here we quickly got to 30,000 and then slowed down to a crawl to get to 40,000 in the next 10 months.

2. Oheao

Oheao
    Member OP

That was from 2004-2017, so 13 years of gaining members to reach that point. However, you are correct that it has slowed quite a bit since the beginning, but that's because we don't really have a consistent source from which new members can come, unless other forums implode and its users move here, or some other unforeseen event occurs, we're never going to get a huge influx again.

3. AztecComplex

AztecComplex
    Banned Member

My biggest problem with offtopic Era is not the Trump threads. They're usually fine and relevant. My problem is that offtopic has become an all encompassing bad news aggregator many times just random and providing no reflection. Just depressing shit for the sake of being depressing and shocking.

4. AztecComplex

AztecComplex
    Banned Member

Did the old place have one or more of this consistent sources of new users coming? If so which ones?

5. Oheao

Oheao
    Member OP

I'm not sure to be honest, I was never actually a NeoGAF member, I actually came from VGChartz myself.

6. Unknownlight

Unknownlight

Message boards aren't really a thing anymore. Social media / Twitter / Reddit / Discord are the new hotness.

I'm surprised and pleased that Era is as strong as it is.

7. Mediking

Mediking

There's actually alot I wanna say about this.... but for now..... LET'S GO, RESETERA!!!

8. saenima

saenima

Probably around a third or more of those were dead or banned accounts. The actual traffic was pretty much the same as it is here now. I would guess the vast majority of active posters just shifted over here.

9. Oheao

Oheao
    Member OP

Speaking of which, at least a few hundred of the members, and maybe a few thousand, are probably literally dead.

10. saenima

saenima

Or in jail!

11. Oheao

Oheao
    Member OP

That too!

12. gozu

gozu

The others got stuck in the middle, because the middle is a great place to be ^_^

13. xxracerxx

xxracerxx

Yuck

14. Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

I can't argue with that. Its almost like click bait titles or something to that effect.

15. AztecComplex

AztecComplex
    Banned Member

I forgot to mention its also become the place to be if you want to know who's the latest racist asshole in the world. Many times racist shit deserves a thread and a news report but often times I feel like Era loves to post new threads about every single new racist shit in existance even if it's the smallest, most banal, thing just because. Every. Single. One.

16. adj_noun

adj_noun

*PLEASE READ OP*

it started to double as *hey here is a juicy thread* and now people are preemptively adding it to their own thread titles

17. Strike

Strike

No. At least as far as I know. I was making a joke about how the last place did and now I have a couple shirts that I can't use.

18. shira

shira
    Community Resetter Member

I asked for E3, they said no.

Could be in the future idk

19. LosDaddie

LosDaddie

GAF had the benefit of being around before social media’s rise. No place will ever reach those heights again.

Plus, like others have said, GAF’s supposed userbase didn’t account for banned users. The active users was much smaller

20. Antrax

Antrax

Yeah, tons of forums died over the years, and various groups of them would end up at other living forums like GAF. But now pretty much every forum is dead but here and a few more. So the people here are more or less the last people who still go to forums over other types of sites like Reddit, Twitter, and Discord

21. Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Last of a dying breed.
    [​IMG]

22. i-Lo

i-Lo

And how many of them are alt and troll accounts?

Anyway, I hope the number of moderators are commensurate with the userbase here.

23. LanceX2

LanceX2

Since may we went from 8 million posts to 11 million.

The other forum only had 60,000

Were doin good guys

24. Sgt. Demblant

Sgt. Demblant

Hi, new posters.
    PM me your social security number and I'll tell you all about ERA Prime. It's great.

25. Oheao

Oheao
    Member OP

That can't be right, can it? I think NeoGAF is more active than that at least.

26. Falchion

Falchion

Very impressive growth in less than a year.

27. SkyMasterson

SkyMasterson

I actually went back a few days ago and looked through the front page and active users online...it was super depressing.

This place rules and I'm really happy it exists.

28. cyress8

cyress8

It's a wasteland over there.

29. Bengraven

Bengraven

30. AztecComplex

AztecComplex
    Banned Member

Hold on. In the same time we had 3 million posts the old place had 60,000? For real!?

31. Nacho

Nacho

I've been watching that counter for the last couple months... It's going so slow! Is there a wait process like there was for gaf or are we just not super popular?

32. Zefah

Zefah

And most were probably shit talk about ResetERA or disgusting eugenics talk by white supremacists.

33. Unknownlight

Unknownlight

Both. There's a wait process, and the majority of people who want to join already have.

34. Maneil99

Maneil99

Not sure if this is allowed, if not let me know ASAP but this is what became of the old place
    [​IMG]

SMH.

35. Hecht

Hecht
    Welp Administrator

Appreciate the kind words, but we aren't here to sit back and make fun of other forums - locking the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.