• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sal

Banned
Nov 25, 2017

Thoughts? I do feel the word has lost it's impact since it's been thrown around so liberally.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand this guy the moment he blew up after the election with his I TOLD YOU LIBS video

His whole schtick of just ending his actual journalist segment, but bursting with the truth 'he's not allowed to say' after the segment goes back to broadcasting - ugh it's just so hackneyed I'm earnestly shocked people take him seriously at all.

He recently posted a video condemning people condemning Louis CK as well. Full blown moderate centrist this guy

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've said as much on here in the past, and I still believe it to be the case.

That being said, I do think Bolsonaro in Brazil more or less fits the bell.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
It's a character and it's co-written by a far right shit head "comedian" who thinks Tommy Robinson is a stand up bloke. Which should tell you exactly where this video is coming from. That's my thoughts.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Saying everyone who voted leave is a bigot, makes you a bigot" is basically "so much for the tolerant left."

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Calling people nazis should be illegal!"

"Not everybody who believes in free speech like myself is a nazi"

hmmmm

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"And that's why citizens of Germany have been concerned."

Cuts away to supposed segment end.

"Wait wait" camera spins up again back to journalist.

"Wait I just want to say something here. The Reichstag is just a building. It's property! Nobody was even injured. It's insured. Why are we concerned about a bloody building fire...."

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
It's a character and it's co-written by a far right shit head "comedian" who thinks Tommy Robinson is a stand up bloke. Which should tell you exactly where this video is coming from. That's my thoughts.

I can't say I'm a fan (I've only seen the occasional vid here and there when shared on social media) but he's far right?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
What an interesting video OP. Hmm.
"Calling people nazis should be illegal!"

"Not everybody who believes in free speech like myself is a nazi"

hmmmm
hmmmm indeed

SbOhaBl.png

Curious, OP, Sal define, thrown around liberally.

Veldin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking really pissed off about people being called nazis, maybe not so much about the things their sympathizers are doing in government positions right now. Get a life, whiners!

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
if I dramatically
CONTRAST MY VOCAL VOLUME
and take
OCCASIONAL
pauses to turn to the side or rub my hair
PEOPLE WILL THINK THAT I'M INTELLIGENT
and that I have something to of substance to say.
-a johnathan pie joint

but really the "calling people a nazi makes you a nazi" schitck is asinine; seemingly these people are fine with waiting until we're in the middle of a literal genocide before they're comfortable talking about what fascism looks like.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch this video right now (well, probably can, but would rather do so later). How does it stand against the people who insist that people who do racist things shouldn't be called racist because racist is too heavy a word to throw around and also maybe the word is a racial slur for white people?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
"Even the Nazis are shouting Nazi at anyone they disagree with, which is a pretty Nazi-like thing to do".

Is it?

I tend to think the Nazi label is overused - there are Nazis but to me often it comes across elevating the significance of asshats so it's fighting the embodiment of evil, and not just disparate, run-of-the-mill sexists, racists, and common bigots.

Trying to make the distinction isn't the pressing issue of our time, however - this seems like an attempt to capitalize on the popularity of the Louis CK video.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was a massive fan of his and even went to one of his live shows but I unsubscribed yesterday.

He started out simply attacking trump and the Tories but slowly went full centrist and now almost exclusively focuses on attacking overly sensitive libs or contentious subjects like 'the gender pay gap isn't actually a real issue'.

Worst was when he went full comedian and decided to start defending count dankula because of getting in trouble about his joke but never seemed to follow up about dank having clear alt right leanings and doing panels with other shits.

Such a shame, as I said I was a big fan but just seeing his BBC videos recommended and how they are all variations of 'this will trigger the libs/the libs are just as bad as the right' was a clear enough sign that this is how he sees him making the most money.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
I used to love this guy, he seemed to be the over the top voice we needed to make sense of some of the madness. Now, he gives into the "anti-SJW" crowd, he was always poking at outrage culture but it wasn't until his Louis CK defense video that showed how far off the deep end he's gone.
I'm guessing that last video got him a lot of views and impressions from the right, so that's gonna be his market now.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
People do realise that Jonathon pie is just a character. The man who plays him is actually very left wing. What he says is what the character thinks not what he himself thinks.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
jonathan pie/whoever the guy behind him is, suggests a no-deal brexit will be better than may's deal. i unsubscribed at that point, which was probably way past the time i should have considering his other shitty views such as those shown in the owen jones' video.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who is still playing the pedantic game right now while also being very CORNED with free speech on universities is a tool. Here is where the current conservative movement is at (just as a reminder):

I see few of these "classical-liberals" being concerned about word use here.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
People do realise that Jonathon pie is just a character. The man who plays him is actually very left wing. What he says is what the character thinks not what he himself thinks.

He's a man who's left wing but is doing a character that is spreading the propaganda of the right? And what exactly does that clarification mean at the end of the day?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tend to think the Nazi label is overused - there are Nazis but to me often it comes across elevating the significance of asshats so it's fighting the embodiment of evil, and not just disparate, run-of-the-mill sexists, racists, and common bigots.

I'd caution that Nazi Germany started out as 1% brown shirts and future SS types and 99% mixture of good people, mediocre people and "disparate, run-of-the-mill sexists, racists and common bigots."

It's not Godwin's Law when we're talking about how Nazis beget other Nazis.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When your fictitious left leaning journalist has to keep mentioning how left leaning they are because every week they're repackaging right leaning talking points for centrists, you might want to try a bit harder on the scripts.

pedanticmikey

Dec 19, 2018
Just because someone is an idiot doesn't mean that every opinion they have is wrong. Attack the idea, not the person.

And as would be assumed by my name, I think there's a huge number of labels that are grossly overused to the point that they become almost meaningless. The common misuse of the word fascist drives me nuts.

Oct 27, 2017
Someone post the pictures and footage of him being best mates with Tommy Robinson during an alt-right march.

Edit: Correction, other UKIPers