• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 5, 2018
Being a fan of games means that at times you'll be waiting for a title for so long that any news isn't met with just with pure joy but a sense of the wait is finally over, I'm curious for anyone who does what's yours?

For me it's botw's sequel, 2020 gave us age of calamity and for a time I thought that would be enough but it didn't even scratch the itch, with how hype the reveal trailer was I'm liable to sigh in relief.

Edit: I've also been waiting for dark cloud 3 for at least 12 years now, doubt it will ever happen.

I would say elder scrolls 6 but I'm going to be the first skeleton you find when your character stumbles upon their first cave by the time that game gets an update.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Metroid V. Teases in Samus Returns and near constant hints from insiders for two years straight. Not to mention how long it's been since the last new 2D Metroid.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
XCOM 3.

Like I don't mind also getting Marvel-COM and whatever other titles Firaxis has that will be announced on Monday, I just really need XCOM 3.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon in Japan with a soundtrack that features mostly songs from there as well. That's kinda my dream racing game at this point.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017

Been waiting for it for YEARS, so to see it actually announced and not fake is... Yeah. I'm super hyped :D. So far it looks really good, and it looks like it'll be more fully featured and supported than Victoria 2 was. There'll be a lot to improve, too: new engine, more DLC, more songs, more fleshed out mechanics, improved performance with fewer crashes, a much more modern title (especially UI wise), the list goes on. I hardly ever buy games at release, especially for full price, but I'm making an exception here and preordering this as soon as possible. I get the feeling there'll be a game + expansion pass bundle, too, and that's the version I'll get.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Breath of the Wild 2 more than likely next week. Would've said Elden Ring and SMTV but we just got news about them. As for something that's years away...I'll say a new Splinter Cell game. Really itching for some new military stealth action. I can only replay MGS1--5 and Conviction/Blacklist so much.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
A 3D remake of the MSX Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I've been waiting for this for so long, and I really thought it's where they were going after MGSV. I think we're just going to get another remake of Metal Gear Solid which doesn't really thrill me even though I greatly enjoyed Twin Snakes.

Remaking the MSX games is the only way forward without Kojima. The plot is there, there are a ton of bosses to flesh out, and you could easily fuse the stories of both together into one game thanks to Venom Snake.

Just imagine the title screen. METAL GEAR. Two words, no subtitles or anything.

It's the one game I hope against hope to see every time one of these shows happens. I didn't take the bait with the Death Stranding Directors Cut video, but I felt that brief glimmer of hope when he first showed up on screen.

Last edited:

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I didn't realise but apparently for me it's Avatar, and it's the most apathetic "finally" I've even done.