• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
With the recent news that Nintendo filed a patent for 1080, what are the chances that Ubisoft and Nintendo are collaborating to use the game to remake a, or create a new, 1080 game?

Ubisoft has promised that the game is still coming to the Switch, but we haven't heard or seen any gameplay yet. They've also said that they are having issues with the port, but that it's still coming out. The game was also online only, so it would be kind of difficulty for Switch owners to play if they're always in handheld mode.

I feel like the project might have been canceled. I was also wondering if with the recent pop up, if Ubisoft is repurposing the game/engine to make a new 1080 game. Snowdrop already runs on the Switch ala M&R:KB, so if that were true they could make the game more compatible with Switch hardware to ease the burden.

——————————————————————
Oops! Posted too soon! Will edit in the rest that I was gonna type

Edit: All good!

Last edited:

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy to see that the perfect first post tradition is being kept alive and well!

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good idea, that's for sure, but I doubt that's what is actually happening.

If Ubisoft and Nintendo do end up somehow doing this, I'll let you pick my avatar for a full year. Lol. I'm that confident on it, really.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Still worth looking into it?

Its GAAS and they are releasing a big new content pack for the 2018 Winter Olympics.

If you can find a version that includes all the new content at a price you are comfortable with then i say go for it. Otherwise wait a little to see if anything about the Switch version will be announced before committing to the game on another platform.

Probably skip the base game though since it doesn't have the Jetpack DLC and thats one of the best sports in the game.*

* Unless its firmly within your "Impulse purchase" price range

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
This is some weird speculation. How do you make this leap?

I started thinking about Steep, then I remembered that Nintendo filed that patent for 1080. I thought that song ehey haven't revealed any kind of gameplay yet and don't even talk about it, but insist that it's still coming, that maybe Ubi and Nintendo wanted to repurpose the project so it wouldn't be for nothing. 90% chance I'm wrong, though, haha.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
If the game isn't ready to release in time for the Winter Olympics, i wonder what's the point of this port.

Just focus on something else instead, i don't know how big is the fanbase around this game but with the expansion "Road to Pyeonchang" this is pretty much the new "Mario&Sonic at the Winter Olympics".

Status
Not open for further replies.