• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nablith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Probably A Bug's Life or Rugrats on PlayStation. I still love those games from memory - I'd time myself to see how fast I could beat them back in the day. Was a lot of fun haha

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I was sucked in by this one:

91CKua1.jpg

Cool Spot was a legit good game!

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Blitz on the Commodore Vic20

It was actually quite an OK game in terms of play. What was terrible was the premise. You flatten an entire city with bombs so you can safely land your plane :-)

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I actually still think Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey is pretty good.

G.A.S.P.!! not so much, though. :p
I always thought of Wayne Gretzky as a guilty pleasure, actually. Specially since I'm Brazilian and we have absolutely no tradition in hockey. I remember it grabbed my attention because of the way players reacted to the shoves and all and the way shots sometimes lit the nets on fire. It seemed pretty sub-par to me back then but I could not put the game down for some reason.

G.A.S.P.!! has always been irredeemable, however.

Yasawas

Oct 27, 2017
Blitz on the Commodore Vic20

It was actually quite an OK game in terms of play. What was terrible was the premise. You flatten an entire city with bombs so you can safely land your plane :-)

Holy shit the memories. I hadn't though of this for years but there we go, one of the first games I ever played. And people in here are mentioning Mario Sunshine. I'm so old.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Aero the Acrobat 1 & 2. Loved both of these games when I was a kid. I wasn't aware that they're considered average at best on the Internet.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Glover is pretty bad. Don't want to replay since I don't want to ruin the memories I have.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Deadly Arts (N64).

NINTENDO64--Deadly%20Arts_Jul28%2018_21_04.png

252469-deadly-arts-nintendo-64-screenshot-serina-doing-an-elbow-hit.jpg

It had a character creator which was honestly pretty cool for its time, and I liked the roster and stages (and music!). But the controls were so unbelievably terrible... And I owned a PS1, with a lot of actually great and genre-defining fighting games!

Raff

Oct 29, 2017
Rebel Assault 2 was unbelievably cool to me as a 6 year old who'd just been introduced to Star Wars. I have more nostalgia for it than the films.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
latest

It's not really that bad a game, but it does not hold up at all. Nostalgia is the only reason anyone could return to it.

Currygan

Oct 25, 2017
Dr Franken. It made no sense, soundtrack was just one classical music piece put on loop for the entirety of the game, controls were super flimsy, yet I couldn't stop playing it

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt on the N64.

I played that awful game so damn much. I even sold it and then rebought it at one point.

Gozert

Oct 28, 2017
Rotterdam, Netherlands
I always thought of Wayne Gretzky as a guilty pleasure, actually. Specially since I'm Brazilian and we have absolutely no tradition in hockey. I remember it grabbed my attention because of the way players reacted to the shoves and all and the way shots sometimes lit the nets on fire. It seemed pretty sub-par to me back then but I could not put the game down for some reason.

G.A.S.P.!! has always been irredeemable, however.

It's nothing spectacular (not even in the day), but it's functional and good fun for an evening with some friends. I'd say it's pretty okay, even now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Widdowmaker

Oct 31, 2017
Great Britain
618GTER3E4L._SX385_.jpg

Gotta be this one for me. Terrible game, but I picked it up for about £5 because I wanted something new to play. Strangely, despite the poor quality, I still like the game to this day. A bad game which I enjoy.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I used to play Jurrassic Park on SNES a lot, but thinking about it, it was a really frustrating and annoying game.

jurassic-park1.png

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
The first TMNT game on NES was the coolest game I'd ever played for a while. It still holds a special place in my heart.

Ronin7th

Oct 28, 2017
12769-vigilante-8-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg

I still have a soft spot for this game. But the n64 controller scheme not allowing for my lack of a third hand made this a frustrating title to revisit.

But the music is still amazing!
https://youtu.be/F6Y0HFyq9CY

"I may be half human, but I'm all woman", is probably one of the best character quotes of all time... Man, this game needs a revival.

Gozert

Oct 28, 2017
Rotterdam, Netherlands
The first TMNT game on NES was the coolest game I'd ever played for a while. It still holds a special place in my heart.

I don't think it's that bad, really. Sure, it's flawed and has some frustratingly bad design choices, but at least there are some redeeming qualities. It controls well, the music rocks and it's pretty fun outside of some famously bad moments.

Don't get me wrong, it's far from a timeless classic, but there is some fun to be had.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Mine was Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for the Nintendo 64.

The best way I can describe this game is as being utterly nonsensical. It was part of a massive (and largely forgotten) multimedia initiative where LucasFilm wanted to tell a Star Wars story in as many different avenues as possible without making an actual film. There were trading cards, comic books, novelizations, and eventually this video game. I think the game must have assumed you were familiar with the story because it's basically lacking any connective tissue whatsoever.

It also didn't help that, as a kid, I struggled with 3D video games.

I never understood what my objectives or missions were. I never knew how to use the controls. A level would begin and I would just start walking, or driving, or flying, or whatever the engine for that particular level asked me to do. The game was a third person shooter, but you could also play it in first person. Sometimes it was a platformer. Sometimes is was a racer. I remember playing the game for hours at a time being stuck in one single level because I had no idea what to do. I would just open doors and press the action button and look for anything to interact with. I would pick up a new weapon and it would be awful and I'd have to kill myself on purpose because the new weapon replaced my default one.

I fully admit that part of my problem was not understanding how to play, but I did revisit the game when I was older and couldn't believe how flippant it was with its story and instruction. All that's really clear is that you are a Star Wars Guy and you are in a Star Wars Place. Figure out the rest yourself! Apparently the game can be completed quite easily in two hours. Maybe I just sucked.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
618GTER3E4L._SX385_.jpg

Gotta be this one for me. Terrible game, but I picked it up for about £5 because I wanted something new to play. Strangely, despite the poor quality, I still like the game to this day. A bad game which I enjoy.

Another throwing my hat in this ring, I think just the 3D recreation of the intro and the ability to simply explore the Pickles household was enough to keep me entertained!

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I remember loving Buster Busts Loose for SNES, but looking back at it, it looks kind of annoying to play. I also played Leisure Suit Larry on floppy disk on my dad's PC but I was too young to understand what anything meant and couldn't really figure anything out, so I just walked around died a lot, really.