• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
Apologies as I know there have been tons of star wars threads here lately, but this is my first and I promise my last one.

I wouldn't call myself a big SW fan, but I did enjoy it for what it was when I saw the original trilogy for the first time, saw the prequels and thought they were trash.
Now, I vividly remember for years people shifting on the prequel trilogy as well, and the countless memes and videos on YouTube's commenting on how terrible they were. But ever since the new trilogy has been coming out, and more specifically the last Jedi, I've noticed the prequels being showered with praise by people. What happened?

Is this the same scenario with people loving The Room? Is the love for it more like enjoying a bad movie or it's more sincere? I honestly can't tell... I know someone will say why I even care,??! well, it's not like it's keeping me up at night. It's a discussion forum and im curious.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sudden? as much as people like to dunk on it, there's always be affection for the prequels

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
It was the Star Wars trilogy for lot of people growing up now. Have met ton of ppl who love the PT most of all and its because it's what they grew up with and what they were introduced to star wars through.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
not gonna lie, it took me a while to get used to a talking dog
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4627-1367502244-0.gif

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
A younger college told me he introduced his SO to Star Wars, and he was doing it right.

I was relieved when I asked "the first ones?" and he said "YEP!"

... then he said "you just need to know Darth Vaders backstory to really like the rest" and he lost me

sudden? as much as people like to dunk on it, there's always be affection for the prequels

What? What forums were you posting on during the release of the prequel trilogy?

Defenders of these movies were miniscule compared to today, with all the kids who grew up on these terrible movies now entering the discourse.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I watched through the pod racing scene in tpm today cause there's been so many threads lately. The gundans are just so bad. Jar jar is just so annoying and a caricature that it's wicked off putting. Ewan is good though.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing wrong with genuinely liking the prequels. I think TLJ is a pile of dog shit, but if someone else loves it, hey, more power to them. Not to say there aren't some serious issues with the prequels, but I thoroughly enjoy all 3 films and nostalgia doesn't have a thing to do with it. Its Star Wars, hard for me to not like a Star Wars film. TLJ was the only one so far I didn't love.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? What forums were you posting on during the release of the prequel trilogy?
I was a child back then

really, either people liked them, or they don't give enough of a shit to keep thinking about how bad they are. the only place I ever see people really talk about how bad the prequels are are one the internet

Dec 21, 2017
Memes, the flaws of the sequel trilogy making the prequels look better and better, they make great RiffTrax, there's plenty to like even if they're not great movies.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I was a child back then

really, either people liked them, or they don't give enough of a shit to keep thinking about how bad they are. the only place I ever see people really talk about how bad the prequels are are one the internet

That is what I would have guessed, I am sure these movies weren't savaged for the trash they are on the playground lol

Status
Not open for further replies.