• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

What is an anime without its music. They all have those tracks that gets the blood flowing whether it's a characters personal theme, a theme played when the action gets started or maybe it's something to pull at your heart strings. I wanna know reset what's some of your favorite anime tracks here's mine

I can't hear these tracks without getting alil chocked up the cream of the crop for anime music to me
For those interested the anime are your lie in april and guilty crown

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone can talk shit about Bleach, and they are right, but there is something Bleach really did great: its music. Both soundtracks and opening/ending

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017

The last one is from the Seras and Zorin Blitz fight in Hellsing Ultimate.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo soundtracks. Too many to list, so here are two of my favorites.

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017

There are many good ones but this one actually defines "THAT" scene for those who have seen code geass.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cowboy Bebop already got mentioned but goddamn Space Dandy's soundtrack was amazing. They went places

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My "Saturday Morning In the City" jam for a long time. The Baccano OST overall is just some freakin fantastic jazz, I would say almost wasted on an anime tbh.

And I don't even remember this being in the anime but it's my jam too.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
You know budgets for OVAs in the 80s were overblown when you would get a 3 disc soundtrack CD JUST FOR THE VOCAL TRACKS. But yeah, Bubblegum Crisis' OST was perhaps the best of that entire era.

Standouts include (Personal favorites have a * next to it) :

Konya wa Hurricane (disc 1) *
Victory (disc 1)
Twilight (disc 1) *
Soldiers of the Rose (disc 1)
Embraced in memory (disc 1)
Rock Me (disc 1)
Say Yes (disc 1)
Never the End (disc 1) *
Chase the Dream (disc 1) *
First Impression (disc 2)
Angel of Loneliness (disc 2)
The Midnight Moon (disc 2)
Route California (disc 2)
Remember (disc 3) *
Mad Machine (disc 3) *
Gentle Rival (disc 3) *
Angels Dancing in the Thrill (disc 3)
Angel and Devil's Kiss (disc 3) *
Mysterious Night (disc 3) *
Bye Bye my Crisis (disc 3)

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I will ever love an anime soundtrack more than Escaflowne. Hard to beat.

Hirasawa's work in Berserk and Sato Kon's work was always stellar as well.

The Orz

Dec 5, 2017
I have a lot of favorites (probably more than I care to admit), but if I were to choose just one song it would be Melancholy no Kiseki from the utterly surreal Urusei Yatsura 4: Lum the Forever.

I adore almost every song from the series but that one in particular just soothes my otaku soul.

If we're limited to blood pumping, though, it'd have to be this ol' Chestnut from Berserk:

Last edited:

The Orz

Dec 5, 2017
You know budgets for OVAs in the 80s were overblown when you would get a 3 disc soundtrack CD JUST FOR THE VOCAL TRACKS. But yeah, Bubblegum Crisis' OST was perhaps the best of that entire era.

Standouts include (Personal favorites have a * next to it) :

Konya wa Hurricane (disc 1) *
Victory (disc 1)
Twilight (disc 1) *
Soldiers of the Rose (disc 1)
Embraced in memory (disc 1)
Rock Me (disc 1)
Say Yes (disc 1)
Never the End (disc 1) *
Chase the Dream (disc 1) *
First Impression (disc 2)
Angel of Loneliness (disc 2)
The Midnight Moon (disc 2)
Route California (disc 2)
Remember (disc 3) *
Mad Machine (disc 3) *
Gentle Rival (disc 3) *
Angels Dancing in the Thrill (disc 3)
Angel and Devil's Kiss (disc 3) *
Mysterious Night (disc 3) *
Bye Bye my Crisis (disc 3)

You are a person of impeccable taste. Though I'd also throw in Mr. Dandy. To this day I find myself singing along with the chorus. My kids don't understand me at all ;_;

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
My recent favorites:
Kobayashi-san's Maid Dragon

Princess Principal - by Madoka & Fate/Zero composer Kajiura Yuki

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
For all the shit Naruto gets, it has an amazing and unique sound track, the Pre-Shippuuden especially.

Some other favorites are .hack/, I don't even know what kind that music falls under.

And also like Blackleg said, You Lie in April was just phenomenal. I was sad it was over so quickly because that music was so good.

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
This one stuck with me for a very long time. From Juuni Kokuki.

One of my recent favorites, the opening of Kaiba.

Also from Kaiba, Chroniko's theme destroys me everytime ;-;

Tentai Senshi Sunred's ending is fun to sing along to, and it also teaches you how to cook chicken casserole.

Last edited:

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Cowboy Bebop has obviously the best OST of any anime ever. Obviously.

But i have a big fondness for Fairy Tail OST. Mixing heavy guitars and celtics sonorities, no way it could not be my jam.